Despondent

Collateral Damage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Despondent /dəˈspändənt/ adj. - in low spirits from loss of hope or courage.   Chapter 2  Despondent     

Towel drying her hair she made her way down to the kitchen and pour herself a glass of water and propped herself on the counter, taking a sip of water she then reach for the small bottle of pills beside her and popped a few into and finish up her water.

 

Scanning the modern kitchen she then spotted some left overs on the kitchen island, jump down from the counter she then got the plates a chuck the rest of the food into the trash knowing that there will be no one to actually eat them anymore.

 

Putting the dishes into the dishwasher and before leaving she grabbed a bottle of water she then left the kitchen leaving the lights on.

 

As she walked up the stairs at the corner of her eyes she notice a pair of glowing red eyes that were staring at her through the large glass window across the living room, turning her head to face the window there was no one there..

 

Ignoring the shivers that ran down her spine she then clench her teeth and continued her way up to her bedroom.


 

He watch her body fell as blood dripped from his chin, as he still bare his fangs his blonde hair fell over his blood shot eyes.

 

''Another one I see'' facing the voice it was no other than Chen who was leaning against the door frame, lips curled up in amusement.

 

''Jongdae hyung, what brings you here?'' the younger blonde smirked as his eyes turned brown at the elder who didn't seem fazed but rather amused with the sight infront of him.

 

''Well for the fact that one, the door was open, two, i suddenly heard a little bit of a shout from across the hallway. I decided to see what the fuss was all about. So i'm guessing that you shut her up eh? He raise one eyebrow at the younger, and the blonde just smirked.

 

''You can't blame me hyung, she was just boring and too clingy for my liking, pretty but too creepy. And i thought that the loud music can muffle the shouting, hyung your ears are too sharp sometimes.''

 

Jongdae laugh at the younger, ''well Jongin-ag i'm actually not the only one with good ears little brother, we all do. But anyways just make sure that she's responsive before you leave later and try not to let Kris hyung or Suho hyung know later...... I want my sleep and so do the others.''

a

Kai laugh at his hyung but then his smile falter a little and his expression became more serious and hesitant. ''Hyung''

 

''Hm?'' Chen tilted his head waiting for the younger to talk.

 

''Kris hyung was thinking about her just now.'' Chen's expression falter.

 

''We all think of her sometimes Kai-ah, but it's been a decade since that happened, it hurts to say this but not even Tao can fix it.'' he looked at the younger, expression grim.

 

Running his fingers through his blonde hair as he bit his lips. They both stared at the wilted rose that lay on the table. ''I know that hyung, I know. But look at us, we've lost ourselves already the hope and faith is gone, we can no longer experience that kind of love we craved for, the only reason why we do this is because there's nothing left to fill our empt souls with anymore..''

 

 

 

She tiredly sigh as she sat up from her king size bed, didn't even slept a wink last night, screw those sleeping pills, they never work even if they do work its never pleasant, glaring at the pills on her bed side.

 

*It's 7 in the morning already, I should really go get ready, they expect me to be there* today gazing at the clock and then at the sun light that was streaming through the glass window of her bed room.

 

Forcing herself out of bed she went to get ready.

 

Staring at herself at the mirror in her closet, she readjusted the school uniform, which consisted of a white dress shirt and a midnight tie and blazer along with her dark grey checkered skirt, she had on black tights that reach above her knee and a pair of black combat boots.

 

Staring at her tired self one last time, she then took her pair of fingerless leather gloves, her bagpack and and with that she made if for the garage.

 

Putting on the gloves and helmet, she quickly got on her motorbike and speed off. The cold morning air greeted her skin, the loud sound of the motor comforted and calmed down her anxiety every so slightly, waking up her tired self.

 

Removing the helmet of her head, the wind blew her dark mahogany hair that seems to not have a strand out of place. The dark mahogany hair, pale skin and her unusual eye color with a condition called heterochromia, she had both sectorial and central heterochromia and because of the contrasting features along with the way she wore her uniform, she stood out from the crowd like a sore thumb.

 

Getting of her bike she then made her way to the administration office.

 

She was then greeted with the curious glaces of the other student. male students gaped and drooled, female students stared in envy. Their whispering, gossiping and or compliments didn't bother her a slight bit.

 

 

''Hey look its Kim Ahri”

 

''She's been mia for a few months already, what is she doing here? I thought she transferred or something''

 

''She's so pretty though, no wonder everyone still talks about her''

 

''Her legs are so long! So can become a model''

 

''Omo look at her eyes, the seniors told me that they're real''

 

''Damn, she's hot''

 

''I heard she already graduated since she skip a grade or two, but she stopped going to school during the mid of senior year''

 

''I heard she's a prodigy”

 

''I heard the the day that one of her bestfriend went missing was also the day pf her parents death anniversary'

 

The comments and whispering keep coming, but she looked impassive as if she was used to it, she didn't bother glaring at them or stopping those words that came out of their mouths. Their naiveness and sympathy was something that she loathed.

 

People say that in this world the things that they would put first is their love ones or money. But they never realized that their pride and selfishness and time was also something to consider. As the years went by people had become more reckless, more cruel, more obvious with their motives and after the lost of her family and friends she was left with nothing but piles and piles money that seem never ending, a big mansion, messes to clean up, responsibility to uphold and the aftermath of their departure.

 

The emotional mental and physical that she had to take on took a tole on her young body and mind. She remembered once where someone ask her was if better to loose the people you love and care for in one go or was it better to be bit by bit. Honestly she didn't want neither of it and she never wanted to think of it, but in actual fact it has both happened to her and that was what hurt her most.

 

But something else also scared her, it was the fact that people had come and go, losing her parents before her adolescent years was something that traumatized her to the core something that she buried deep down in her. During their funeral she weeped and wailed but after that she and her older brothers had to move on and they did living under the custody of her beloved uncle and aunt along with their 3 sons . But as the years got by more people came and slowly one by one they also departure, but by the age of 16 she suddenly finds out that she stands alone, no one to call family. She no longer cried nor weeped, she no longer felt pain. So great the extremity of her grief and anguish that she no longer felt anything.

 

Those that remain she felt deplorable, disappointed and ashamed for letting them down and so she bought the house in a remote area with her parents money and without a word left her safe haven, leaving the behind not a single trace but only a letter and her presence that soon cease to exist.

 

Same for her school life, she still find herself at the top of the hierarchy but this time alone. No one wanted to get close to her as they were afraid to unconditionally hurt her in any way, but she was also the one that shut out everyone's aid.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter