First Impression

Guilty By Love

The continuous loud banging on the door to his basement made Hongbin stir slightly on his plain white bed. He brought his left hand carefully up to rub the sleepiness away from his eyes as his right hand was too numb to move.

“Hongbin! Get up! Come get your breakfast!” The female voice spoke sternly from the other side of the door.

“Cominnn..” The honey blonde man muttered softly before pushing his white comforter to the side and sat up on the bed with his slender legs dangling down from the edge and slowly slipping them into the white indoor slippers.

He slowly inched towards the door and knocked it slightly to let the woman know that he was ready to collect his meal.

The sound of keys chimed outside the door and the knob turned slowly.

“Here.” The woman mumbled, passing the tray of food to the boy but clearly avoiding any eye contact with him.

“Thanks, Umma..” He said with a smile but the door was slammed In his face before he could speak any further.

Hongbin would have cried his eyes out if it was ten years ago because of such cold treatment from his own mother.

A bitter smile crept up his face. He had learnt the hard way to deal with the cruelty he was fated to face.

Lee Hongbin was the only son of the current Lee family. In other words, he was the ‘heir’. He had a sister though. A sister who couldn’t do anything but watch her brother being locked up in the basement of his mansion for a decade.

Good morning son.

The voice in his head made Hongbin smile.

“Good morning to you too.” He replied softly.

So what are your plans for today?

The honey blonde man snorted at the question.

“What could I possibly to other than reading the latest novels that my sister brought in for me?” He pouted.

Being locked in a basement without any windows to even know the day and night isn’t the best thing Hongbin wished for in life.

He was 7 when his grandfather decided that it was the time they isolate him from the human world before he start giving problems to the main family.

Just like how his uncle, Sungjong almost killed his grandfather. Unfortunately, the man did not survive the ritual.

Are you ready, Hongbin? The voice asked.

It’s only one month till you hit 18. They are gonna do that to you.

“I know, Gyu. I have to be ready even if I am not.”

 

Taekwoon’s POV

 

I took yet another glance at my watch. She said it would take only an hour. That is why I do not wish to drive my mom to the main house. She would always take her own time talking with her sister-in-law and got carried away with the conversation.

*Beep beep*

I looked at my iwatch again to see the incoming call from my mom.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Taekwoon ah, could you please come inside and help me with the stuffs? Your aunt gave me a lot of things and I cannot carry them alone.” She said between giggles.

I let out a sigh and got out of my black Porsche.

“Arraso, umma.”

I straightened the dark blue tie I was wearing and checked for the last time before entering the mansion.

It was true that this was my uncle’s place but I had not go into the house more than three time in my whole life.

My mom was once the daughter of Lees but she married my father and moved out of the main house so our family seldom visits the place.

And I swear there was something really eerie about this place.

Author’s POV

 

“Aish where’s the guest room? I am so lost.” Taekwoon mumbled to himself, tapping his fingers against his thigh in frustration.

He was at the end of the hallway with one small staircase leading downwards. He wasn’t really sure where it would lead to.

“Since I’m already lost, might as well go down with it…” He muttered to himself before slowly stepping down the stair.

The stair was dimly lit and the way down to it was nothing more than scary.

As Taekwoon approaches to the end of the stairs, he could see an old run down door with a set of key hanging beside it.

Looks like it was the key to the room..Taekwoon thought.

“May be it’s just another storeroom..” He said to himself and turned around to walk back up to the stairs.

“But Gyu, this book looks really fun~!” A soft giggle was heard, causing Taekwoon to immediately turn his head towards the door.

He walked down the stair and pressed his ears close to the door.

“Anybody inside??” He questioned, loud enough for the person inside to hear.

The giggling noise stopped abruptly and a moment of silence took place.

Taekwoon could hear some shuffling noise from the inside of the room.

“W-Who are you?” He heard someone spoke softly from the other side of the room.

“H-Hey are you trapped inside? Let me open it for you.” The brown haired boy reached out for the set of keys hanging on the wall and insert it to the door knob.

“NO DO-“

The door creaked open before the honey blonde man could say anything more.

Taekwoon was a bit taken back when the door revealed a pale skin boy who was dressed in the white button down shirt with the sleeve rolled up to his elbow, black dress pants and white house slipper.

His doe eyes were wide with curiousity and his soft honey blonde bangs fall just perfectly on his forehead.

Taekwoon gulped. Because the boy in front of him was just so mesmerising.

“W-who are you?” The boy questioned him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So here's the next chappie.

I know it's pretty boring and stuff but hope you could bear with me for a few chapters XD

special thanks to my subbies and upvoter!

Hope you guys continue to support me. :)