Appealing

Deal Breaker
Please log in to read the full chapter

The weekend passed by so quick Dara wished it wasn't Monday yet.

 

But it was Monday. Which meant she will have to go through the make-over her friends had been bothering her with nonstop ever since the conversation at the comfort room which Bom had the misfortune of overhearing.

 

Thirty minutes before the first bell, the four were gathered at the open grounds, in one of the tables they would usually hang out at.

 

CL suggested Dara get a haircut after class. But she refused. That will be too obvious. She didn't want to be too obvious. She told them she already had a haircut weeks ago anyway, when some girl stuck bubblegum in her hair. 

 

Being reminded of this, Bom started to get irritated, voicing out how she will get even with whoever did that to Dara.

 

As much as possible, Dara preferred to stay inconspicuous. But her friends were very persistent. They wouldn't give it a rest. Thus, without enthusiasm, she  had no choice but to succumb to their wishes.

 

They first targeted her eyebrows which had never been shaved. She preferred it that way. But they kept insisting that it'll look better and so they met halfway. 

 

Dara didn't like to use BB creams. She only used pressed powder but only seldom. She didn't like the feeling. But Minzy handed her a brand new BB cream. She couldn't help but pout for she knew that refusing it will definitely hurt the maknae's feelings.

 

Bom handed her a lipstick, with shade she was thankful for. it's not blood red thank goodness but a shade near red.

 

For that day only, Dara told her friends she will endure. 

 

This made Bom and the others more excited for the 'Dara make-over project.'

 

###

 

"Have you seen?" Baekhyun, who had always had the eye for beautiful girls asked as they settled down at their usual table at the cafeteria during the morning break.

 

"What are you talking about?" Chanyeol was the only one who took note of Baekhyun's excitement.

 

"Dara."

 

"What about her?" Kris couldn't hide his interest that he blueted without thinking. Hopefully, no one noticed.

 

"I know what you mean. She looked different today," Suho who had the same class with her earlier that morning remarked.

 

"Ya! Just go straight to the point," Tao, who had been listening, couldn't stand the 'beating-around-the-bush.' Or maybe he just didn't have the patience.

 

"Who knew a make-over could do so much." Sehun said, his gaze directed at the entrance to the cafeteria.

 

Their topic had walked in, looking nothing but prettier.

 

She looked ethereal if that is even the right term to describe her beauty. It was magnetic. Even girls at the cafeteria were looking at her with appreciation. but it couldn't be helped that some were envious.

 

Kris and Luhan were speechless while the others started to comment.

 

"Is that really her? I mean, wow." Kai, who rarely paid attention to girls, suddenly reacted.

 

"She's always been beautiful," Kris remarked, unaware how it sounded. He said it casually, his eyes never left her.

 

The others were too busy gawking at Dara to even notice Kris' behavior.

 

"She had always been beautiful," Xiumin agreed, mentally noting that Dara better tell him the reason why she suddenly decided to have a makeover when there's no need for that.

 

Luhan had nothing to say yet. He wondered why she looked beautiful today of all days. When they have no study session scheduled. For some inexplainable reason, he wanted to know.

 

"Maybe she had a date later or something," Lay commented. All eyes turned to him at once.

 

He was unwrapping his sandwich when he noticed how they were looking at him as though he had said something unacceptable. "What? Girls usually try to become more presentable, in her case, prettier, when they have a date."

 

Baekhyun turned to Xiumin to confirm Lay's statement. "Is Dara dating?"

 

"How should I know?" Xiumin had no idea regarding that matter.

 

"It's either that or she's heartbroken." Lay said nonchalantly, surprising the others with his talkativeness. He had a lot to say on the topic it seemed.

 

###

 

The last thread of Luhan's patience finally snapped when he received another letter he found on his seat. He couldn't decide whether to see that as a sign—that he should just do what he had thought of doing months ago. 

 

Maybe that will be the answer to his problems. He will never know if he wouldn't try.

 

He had no idea what will make his life easier—aka getting rid of the fangirls—who had no regard for his peace of mind.

 

###

 

Dara's eyebrows furrowed when she read the text message from Luhan before lunch.

 

Why he suddenly wanted to meet was the cause of Dara's heartbeat racing faster than usual. He made it sound like an emergency. She hurriedly went to the cafeteria as soon as the bell rang only to find Luhan smiling at her warmly, a familiar looking paper bag on the table.

 

She quietly pulled a chair and waited for him to start talking. But the smell of the inviting food got Dara salivating knowing very well that it was her favorite ramen from her most frequented restaurant.

 

"Let's eat together," he said, while taking out the contents of the brown paper bag.

 

That morning, Dara was in a rush to get to school on time. She had overslept and was unable to eat breakfast. She only had an oatmeal bar to chew during break-time. She could barely eat. The way people stared at her made her feel very uncomfortable. And Bom had stopped her from leaving and spending the rest of the break at the classroom where there are no curious glances thrown her way. she had to sit through breaktime like a specimen under a microscope.

 

Her hunger and the fact that what he was offering her at the moment was one of her favorite food, were the reasons why she may end up eating with him, there at the cafeteria, for all the crazy fangirls to see. Why must they be around to witness her eating with Luhan?

 

When he set down the bowl in front of her, placed the chopsticks at the table and took off the cover to reveal the ramen, she had lost to her resolve.

 

Her gaze was glued to the bowl. She gulped, and looked at Luhan who was taking off the cover of his own serving of ramen.

 

He had on a smile that said he succeeded in making her break her rule.

 

"Let's eat!" His tone was cheerful, she found herself looking at him longer than necessary.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter