Chapter 3

I wish you happiness, even if I'm not a part of it.

Ayla's POV~

" Stupid, stupid Youngmin, stupid world, stupid life, STUPID ME!!!" I screamed out loud causing curious stares and glances from other people, embarrssed I look to the ground and quickened my pace, halfway to my house. My feet stumbled and I caught myself in time before I fall to the ground. Suddenly, my visions blurried and my head started pouting when everything was spinning around me and closing my eyes I collapsed onto the ground.

"Ugh, where am I?" I murmured and attempted to open my eyes, but my eyelids were too heavy.

" Ayla? Ayla?" A voice called out but I couldn't tell who it was.

" Who?" I asked and I heard the person moved closer.

" It's Minwoo." The voice answered and I felt sudden relief.

" Minny?" I called using the nickname that I used to call him when we were little. It felt foreign on my tonge, since I've havent called him that for years. And I heard him laugh.

" Yes, Miss cry baby." I pouted and stifled a small laugh.

" I'm not a cry baby." I protested but is secretly happy that he still remembered.

" Minwoo what happend to me?" I asked curiously.

" You don't remember?" He said and I shook my head, concentrating hard but I couldn't recall a thing. It feels as though that part of memory has been erased. I really can't remember.

" No, I don't, I really don't." I answered furrowing my brows in irritation.

" It's okay, take it easy." He sat on my down and gently my hair. I rest my head on his shoulder and breath in his sweet scent. "I missed you."

" When did you come back Minwoo?" I asked, holding back the urge to cry.

" Just today." He said, his hand resting on my back.

" I see... you know I'm still mad at you right." I slightly pushed him and scooted away but he held my hand stopping me.

" I'm sorry Ayla, it wasn't in my control." He said his voice mixed with tinges of sadness.

" You know how sad I was? There were times when I ached for a true friend,someone to talk to,  but you weren't there." I said and stared into his eyes. I knew it wasn't his fault, but somehow I couldn't supress the anger that was rising.

" I know, and I'm sorry but it was my mom that forced me to study abroad. If it was up to me, I'd stay with you. Always." He replied softly and glanced down at the floor. Sighing heavily, I reached for his hand and pulled him close.

" I missed you. I missed you so much." I mumbled as tears fell from my eyes, and I buried my face into his chest. He was still incredibly skinny, which was something that always worried me when we were younger. I was so afraid that one day he would break or just disppear into thin air. Out of reach.Out of mind. And out of sight. Such thoughts frightened me. 

" Now that you're back, let's hang out every day! We have alot of catching up to do!" I exclaimed and he chuckled.

" Of course....But it looks like you're not well so it's better if you rest for a while" He said and gently tucked my hair behind my ear.

" It's alright Minwoo, I'm not sick. However, I may be forgetful in the future though.." I trailed off. I wasn't sure if I should tell him. I haven't even told Youngmin yet. I wonder what he is doing right now? He must be angry. Of course he would be, I acted so childish. I was stupid.

" What do you mean forgetful??" Minwoo questioned as his face expressed confusion. I smiled gently ,and told myself it was time to tell him.

" Minwoo, I'm dying. But I'm not sick." I answered and a small laugh escaped from his lips, and he grinned widely.

" Ayla! you're so crazy!" He laughed and poked my cheek playfully, but his laughs gradually faded when he saw I wasn't smiling.

" You're just kidding" He said and I shook my head.

" I'm not sick." I replied and he sighed heavily as if he had been holding his breath.

" I'll die one day.Because if I can't remember who I am or if I'm even alive,wouldn't that make me dead? At least to myself?." Minwoo furrowed his eyebrows indicating his perplexity.

" I have dementia." The words fell abruptly from my lips. I thought I was going to regret it. Instead I felt relieved, as if a ton of concrete has been lifted from my chest.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello there!:) It's been so long and I sincerely apologized. I've just started college and everything is so stressful and there are mountains of homework that I have to finish, but I feel like I needed a break and update my story :D. I'm incredibly grateful and happy that I still have subscribers ^_^ Thank you for not leaving me all alone, haha. But I hope you all enjoy this update and please comment and subscribe!xD