.9. Still alive

Empty Spaces

Bom looked at the boy wide eyed trying to understand the situation.

'' What? what happened ? '' 

'' This is bull '' He said, ignoring her and crushing the paper within his fingers. He threw it into the street making Bom even more nervous

'' Guess whose fault was it ''  Ji Yong said with a smug smirk

'' What the G ? '' 

'' Yeah, you ed up big time '' He said almost mockingly   '' It was your ing fault mate, you were too stubborn to follow the ing rules. These are the consequences ''                        

 Bom had never imagined he could be so cold, especially towards one of his friends. She was starting to wonder if ChaeRin knew about this side of him.

'' It's underground fighting, there are no rules '' 

'' We are getting tired of your bull hyung '' 

'' Well you, you stupid ''  

 Bom couldn't help herself but snort a little when she heard him;  T.O.P gave her a quick glance before walking off, kicking a trash can that was near him in the process. 

 '' Hey what's the problem? '' She said following him  '' What happened? Why are you so mad? '' 

'' BOM. NOT. NOW. '' 

'' I am not gonna go until i get an answer '' When her efforts where left unanswered she tried again  '' How can it be fair that you help me out but i can't ''

T.O.P didn't say anything and just looked at Bom. He sighted before he spoke again

'' I get that you're a good person, but this is messy '' 

  Bom glared at him '' What's in the paper? '' 

'' It’s an invoice ''

Seeing her look of confusion he gave up an explained it to her  '' Yeah from the bar where we met '' He said looking down '' After you left those guys ruined the place '' 

'' But why did they gave it to you? '' 

'' Cause i brought those guys, i should have lost, but i didn’t ‘‘ 

'' How much is it? ''  

'' A lot '' Seung Hyun chuckled darkly

'' How much? '' 

'' About 22.000.000 won '' 

'' Oh My Jesus '' Bom screamed, gaining a smile from him ''…that's a lot '' 

'' Yeah i know, i am ed '' 

'' But how can it be so much ? '' 

'' Well '' He said grabbing the paper from the floor and starting to read it '' They forced the doors, scratched the walls, destroyed all the furniture, including the ones upstairs, broke most of the bottles of the bar. They also stole the money, broke the urinals, and took off the sink in both bathrooms. Now who the hell does that? '' He exclaimed, looking utterly confused ‘‘they broke the floor, ruined the ring, shot the front lights and broke the haze machine.  Oh and some really expensive laser lights '' 

She looked at him with disbelief. They were gangsters, not gorillas, how the hell did they manage to do all that? 

'' They stole purses from clients who asked for a refund, beat the out of other costumers and workers who came with the hospital fee and of course let's not forget they are making me pay for the cleaning services ''

'' Well '' 

'' Yeah, i know. I am not sure i will manage to get the money on time '' 

'' Someone once told me you can solve anything except death '' She said sweetly twisting his words

'' Ah you're cute '' T.O.P laughed  '' Should I sell my kidneys maybe? '' 

'' Don't over react, it's a lot of money, but not an impossible amount ''

'' Were you always this delusional ? '' 

'' If i set my mind into it, there is nothing Park Bom can't do '' She said proudly while he just gazed at her questioningly 

'' You shouldn't get involved in adult matters '' 

'' Oh come on. Don't start with that age bull again, i am almost 19, i know a couple of things about life already '' 

'' These things tend to get messy Bom. You already saw how much trouble i brought you last time '' 

All the bad things that had happened those past 2 weeks sort of had something to do with him,  He was troublesome but there was something that just instantly made Bom think he wasn’t so dangerous as people thought.

'' You say that, but you always seem to come to me ''  

She had left him speechless yet again and something told her that wasn’t the norm.

'' What can i say? Once you meet Park Bom it's hard to pull away '' 

'' How can you always know what to say? You flirt '' 

'' We could discuss how awesome i am all day, but i need to figure how to start making more money now. Bye princess, don't forget about tomorrow '' 

When she got into the building again she saw her friends in a deformed circle, comfortably sitting on the floor while G-Dragon made some annotations on a paper.

'' Hey, what did i miss? '' 

'' Well, Ji Yong oppa was showing us some new lyrics ''  Minzy said excited 

'' Anything for Rin and her friends '' He said looking at ChaeRin

'' Oh now i get it '' Bom whispered looking at ChaeRin who was smiling while she listened to something he said.

'' It's called Falling in love '' Minzy added wiggling her eyebrows

'' OH REALLY? '' Bom said with an amused face '' how convenient '' 

Rin was blushing like crazy, trying to get her friends to shut up without him noticing, which was clearly impossible. 

'' Why dont YOU girls bring some drinks ? '' She said slightly nervous

The three girls jokingly complained while they got up to comply

'' Isn’t it better if i go? '' Ji Yong spoke making them face palm  at how obnoxious he could be

'' No no nonono  i-i...we also need to go...somewhere...to check something...out'' Bom said unsure

'' ...okay? ''  He said more confused than Bom

They all smiled and went out the door. When they got out they sighted shaking their heads

'' That boy can be pretty oblivious sometimes '' 

'' Yeah i know, i don't even know why he gets so many girls '' 

'' Maybe he's just innocent with Rin...'' Minzy said

'' ...Cause he actually likes her '' Dara added

'' Oh stop, your making my heart beat faster '' 

 

 

'' Now in this part, Minzy will have to sing but you are coming back after a few verses again, with a faster pace ''  G-Dragon said as ChaeRin stared at him with dreamy eyes. She didn’t know what made her such a girl every time he was near. He was just so handsome, and funny, full of attitude and energy. He had a great understatement of music and was full of passion about it, plus he had a dangerous bad boy vibe. He was perfect for a girl like her. 

'' Don't you think i am getting too many lines?  ‘’ She asked concerned, the last thing she wanted was to outshine her girls

'' You four are bursting with talent...But i have to admit i have a thing with your voice, i just  can't help it''

'' Hey that's favoritism ! ''  She blushed like a little girl but tried to calm down reminding herself he was just a flirt

'' Of course it also has to do with the fact that you are my favorite girl ''

''  Lousy flirt ''  She looked at him as he grinned staring right through my eyes '' What about that foreign girl? What was her name again? '' 

''No...you can't compare yourself to her...she's just a one night , you're...my best friend ''

that hurt. Being friend zoned by Ji Yong hurt more than anything. Just when she thought she could have a chance to mean something to him, he crushed her hopes down. He had made her favors ever since they met, protected her from the bad guys, shamelessly complimented her every time he saw me and still she wasn't anything more than a best friend in his eyes. 

'' One day all those girls you played will come together and murder you in your sleep '' 

'' It wouldn't be such a bad way to die '' He laughed and made a face '' Maybe they can choke me to death with those gigantic ''

'' You didn't just say that, you nasty er '' 

'' Oh yeah, i am a nasty er '' 

They laughed at their dirty mind like there was nobody in the room, not realizing the girls had come back. The rest of the day was spent practicing and reviewing stuff

'' I didn't want to be disrespectful but what the hell happened to your face Bom? '' Ji suddenly asked.

Bom looked everywhere trying to find the right answer, panicking more and more

'' She...had a very bad fall in the stairs of the school ''  ChaeRin said trying to calm her down, even though she knew Ji Yong wouldn’t believe her but simply drop the matter  '' Some girls even filmed it '' 

'' High school girls are scary... '' He whispered acting scared  '' Aren't you gonna go to a doctor or something? ''

'' I,well actually tomorrow T.O.P is going to take me to a friend of yours... who is a doctor? '' 

ChaeRin watched as the boy and her friends all looked at her confused, clearly not understanding what was happening

'' What the hell Bom? '' Dara whispered

'' Now that's generous '' A dark expression was plastered on his face '' So he's taking you to see Yoon Sang Hyun? How nice of him… '' 

'' Yeah, he is '' Bom replied not quite understanding where his thoughts were going

'' Seems like someone attracted his attention '' He snorted '' But i honestly don't think you two are such a good match '' 

'' Ji what are you saying? '' Rin scolded him '' Stop it, they aren't in that type of relationship, i bet he was just trying to help her '' 

The rest of the evening unfolded normally, Ji Yong would often look at Bom as if he had something he really wanted to say but refrained himself. ChaeRin was thrilled to know what was going on but simply kept silent, eventually the truth would be unraveled.

 

 

 

The next day when Bom got to school the girls attacked her with all types of questions about the thing of the doctor, curious of how it turned out like that. 

'' Well, he kept insisting on why couldn't i tell him who had hit me and i just tried avoiding it the best i could '' I said as they gave me concerned looks '' He said the most important thing was that i had to go to the hospital and so he promised to take me to this man that helped the fighters who were severely hurt without asking questions or anything '' 

'' Wow that's amazing. Are you sure he ain't in love? i mean you really have got to like someone to go through all that '' Dara commented

'' He's just being nice. He said he wanted to be my friend...and then he hugged me '' 

'' OH MY GOD ''  Minzy yelled excited

'' How? Why? Was it romantic? ''

'' I don't know, it just felt right with the situation, he was trying to comfort me and sort of went with it when i jumped into his arms '' 

'' You sneaky girl, you jumped into his arms? That sure sounds romantic '' 

'' We are just friends who hugged each other, just like you and me '' 

'' Yeah, except i am not a man who is more handsome than a god and can't seem to leave you alone '' Chae Rin told Bom

 

As soon as the day was finally over Bom found herself staring at the massive ocean of girls that were surrounding T.O,P and his bike, all with a flirty aura. She struggled trying to get past them and sighted a little, realizing there was no way she could go without having the attention of everyone on them. 

'' Missed me? '' He confidently said

'' Hey '' She replied with a look of disgust as Seung Hyun tried to break free from the grip of a girl that was mercilessly flirting with him.

'' Help '' He told her with a desperate tone

'' You sure about that ? You seem pretty comfortable ''

'' PLEASE '' 

'' Hey Lee Myung , i think i saw your boyfriend with Park Min '' Bom simply said

The girl opened her eyes wide like the moon '' I knew that was after him '' She yelled, making her way towards the school again with a scary look. 

'' Alright princess, hop in '' He said patting the seat of his bike

'' We are going...on that? '' 

'' Yeah. Are you scared little bom? '' 

'' No, but i would appreciate not getting more hurt than i already am ''

'' Don't you trust me? '' 

'' You are not exactly what i would call safe ''

'' I will go slow just for you '' He said giving her a wink

'' It's my first time riding one '' 

'' Riding what? '' he suddenly smirked 

 '' I am underage you jerk '' Bom said flustered '' ...A bike of course '' 

'' Come on get in, i promise i am going to go slow ''

Bom seated and grabbed the helmet Seung Hyung gave her. She gripped the edges of the seat as soon as he turned it on. All the girls where glaring at her, their envy could be felt from blocks away. Bom was sure rumors would start appearing again.

'' I think you should hold me '' 

'' No...you will get funny ideas '' 

'' If you fall i am not coming back for ya '' Seeing how unresponsive Bom was he tried to persuade her again  '' Please, you aren't the first girl who has given me a back hug, just do it '' 

'' Excuse me, you might be a playboy but i never been that close to a guy, you won't be the first '' 

Without another word T.O.P speeded up and began driving. Even though he promised to go slow, he only seemed to increase the speed more and more as he kept going. They got into a point where Bom had no other choice but to grab his defined torso and hug it. She saw from one of the mirrors how he grinned with satisfaction. It seemed as if time had slowed down, as she felt his strong arms, wide back and hard chest. She could feel his fast heartbeat with her hands just as much as he felt hers while she hugged him. 

'' Your heart is beating like crazy '' He mocked her

'' So is yours '' 

'' Yeah but that's because you're hugging me '' 

Bom felt her cheeks turn red with just a simple sentence. She noticed that as soon as she hugged him he immediately slowed down and went at a normal speed.

'' You went fast on purpose '' 

Seung Hyun didn't reply and simply smirked. They kept riding in silence, just feeling each other heart rate over the loud engine. They got past all the nice neighborhoods until they reached the dark part of Seoul. Bom started wondering where exactly was he  taking her. She got more worried when suddenly he stopped at a gas station and told her to get off. He searched for something on the space under the seat until he found a bag and gave it to her.

'' Here, go change '' 

'' W-what do you mean? ''

'' Well this place isn't really safe, the last thing you need is them knowing you're a high school student, or them identifying your school, so you should change clothes first ''

'' You bought me clothes ? '' 

'' Yeah, but don't expect much, you can't stand out in these type of places '' 

'' Do you even know my size ? '' 

'' I have been with enough women to guess it by just one look '' He said with a cocky attitude

'' Playboy...'' Bom muttered before she went to the bathroom to change. She got the clothes out of the bag; there was a pair of short shorts, a black t-shirt and a small grey jacket. Bom looked at herself as she put on the clothes, thinking they might be a little too short for her liking 

2013825121828opufpho_T5_48820.jpg

''  We are good ''  She approached him

'' Nice '' He said eyeing her up and down

'' Any reasons why my clothes are so small ? '' 

'' Well, we want them to believe that you are my girlfriend '' He told her as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. The heart of Bom beat at an unbelievable speed as she looked at him confused 

'' I mean like we are gonna pretend you're my girlfriend, to stay out of trouble '' 

'' That doesn't explain the length of my clothes '' 

'' The skimpier the better, that's my style '' 

'' I lost the little respect i once held for you '' Bom gave him a flat look

'' I will learn to live with that '' He shot back

.

They drove off until they got to a dark alley, with a small building and an equally tiny door that was full of graffiti. The neighborhood screamed danger and Bom tried hard not to be nervous. T.O.P turned the engine off and waited in silence.

'' Bom, you're supposed to take your hands off me now '' He mocked her

'' O-oh right '' She said a little dizzy. They got off and he held her hand with a strong grip. Bom was about to complain when he stopped her

'' Remember we are a couple '' He whispered in her ear as he led the way with confidence.

 After they knocked, a small window on the door opened and asked for a name. As soon as he said his name a chuckle from inside was heard and the door flew open. A man grabbed T.O.P by the shoulders and gave him a hug while laughing and telling him things. He looked like he was on his mid-fifties, with greasy black grayish hair that was combed backwards and a neglected beard. He was wearing an old, dirty apron and his arms were uncovered, revealing tons of tattoos

'' My boy T.O.P !! ‘‘He said laughing

'' Hyung, how's the business? ''

'' Oh you know, a couple of broken noses, a fractured pelvis and some 's sore asses you know ‘‘He joked laughing with a dirty smile. T.O.P imitated his laugh even though he didn't look amused at all. Bom smiled at the sight.

'' And the champion came with a lady '' He said trying to look behind T.O.P. When he finally saw her he scanned her body up and down. '' You always liked the ones with glamorous bodies '' he commented as he tried to unsuccessfully pat Bom . 

'' I would appreciate you not touching her ''

'' Since when you care so much about women, huh? '' 

When he finally looked at her face he flinched at the sight.

'' ing hell, i never knew you beat them up '' He said turning Boms face one side and the other

'' It wasn't me '' 

'' Oooh she's a harlot ''  He smiled at her '' I get it now. Her pimp couldn't handle you taking her away '' He said confidently

T.O.P didn't answer and just followed him unto the back of the building, where a bad light up room with an old bed and all types of medical instruments was.The walls were scratched and dirty with different things, some looked like blood. He signaled Bom to sit on the bed while he prepared some weird liquid thing.

'' You were lucky they got her and not you '' He told Seung Hyun as he began rubbing disinfectant in Boms face '' Some pimps beat the out of these lovers '' 

Bom was annoyed by the fact he talked as if she wasn't in the same room, while Seung Hyun just indicated her to stay quiet.

'' You don't find this type of fancy in the market anymore '' He commented to T.O.P who looked at him with disgust

'' Will you stop calling her a ? '' He said already enraged

'' How do you want me to call her? ? '' 

'' Just stop, don't talk to her '' 

The man gave him an annoyed glare and kept massaging her face.

'' They make you lose your soul. Don't forget where she came from, you are way too good to be ruined by one of these '' He lastly said to him, before finally shutting up.

When he was finally done putting some weird ointments he proceeded to check if her wrist was broken. When she flinched after he did a fast movement, Seung Hyun made a pained expression and looked away. 

'' Could you check her ribs? i think one or two are broken '' 

The man complied but stopped and looked at Bom quizzically as she stood still

'' Baby, i don't know if you understand how this goes. You need to take your shirt off ''

Seeing how uncomfortable Bom was Seung Hyung meddled in.

'' Could you just make her lift it hyung? '' 

'' Oh come on, she has done worst stuff with that body, trust me '' He laughed 

'' Just don't, we are uncomfortable '' 

'' Are you protective of her body? i mean she's got great  bu-''

‘’ Will you just shut up? ‘’

'' , what is happening to you boy? '' 

Watching with fear, Bom suddenly spoke

'' L-let him do that, a-after all it's not the first time you have seen them '' She tried to act as if there wasn't any problem. 

T.O.P looked at her half concerned half embarrassed as she took off her shirt, exposing her perfect body. He looked at her for a few minutes before turning around and letting the man do his 'job'. The man pressed the bruises making Bom yelp with pain. T.O.P went to her right side and grabbed her hand firmly, completely forgetting about the fact she was half .

'' It's okay baby, don't worry '' 

'' This is turning you into a '' the man muttered, looking at him with disbelief. '' I think we have got two broken ribs and three that are just bruised '' 

Bom was impressed, unlike his appearance, he was a good doctor. She wondered how he ended up in there. He let her dress up again and T.O.P tried conceal the fact he was staring, his red face giving him away

'' What will you give her? '' 

'' Well, i put some ointment on the bruises, her ribs will naturally heal within a month but it will hurt so i will give her Naproxen for the pain, which i will charge you later ''  He warned. '' There is not much i can do besides that. Is she going to start working again? '' 

T.O.P looked at her and answered '' No, i am going to take her out of the country '' 

The man made a face but continued talking '' Then there's no problem, since she can't do big  efforts '' 

'' T-thank you '' Bom whispered, wiping the tears she shed from the pain.

The man simply winked at her and led them to the front of the building once again.

'' I will charge this on your account '' He told T.O.P before making him come closer to him                    '' Remember, these beauties sure make you happy now, but they ruin your future later. You can make tons of money fighting like you do, don't let some knocked up mistake take that away '' 

He whispered trying to sound like a fatherly figure, which only made T.O.P and Bom cringe more. They got out and walked in silence towards the bike. Bom noticed him frown.

'' What's wrong? '' 

'' Why are you trying to defend that er? '' He said with a sad expression

'' What do you mea-''

'' You know what i mean Bom. Why the aren't you doing anything about this? You have got two ing broken ribs for god's sake, the bastard should be dead by now '' 

'' It isn’t that easy '' 

'' So? It was easy for him to hurt you, you just have to say it and i will make him wish he was dead '' 

'' I told you, it's not simple okay? it wasn't a random man, it wasn't someone who you meet in a club or in the street '' 

'' I only have 4 guesses: It was a boyfriend, a friend, a family relative or your boss '' T.O.P said motioning 4 fingers '' Now correct me if i am wrong, but none of those deserve to be covered if they fractured 2 of your ribs ''

'' You don't know how many times i have though about taking him to the police...But i just can't, you need to understand things usually don't go like that '' 

'' THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME? '' 

'' I-i...''

'' I have seen all types of horror in these streets. I have seen people suffer and have horrible lives. Half of them deserved that at some point. The other half just got bad luck. There were tons of people i wish i could have saved; i won't make the same mistake with you. These isn’t normal, a man beating you up isn’t normal. You are underage, but more importantly you are a good person, you. don't. deserve. it. '' 

'' How do you know? '' 

Seung Hyun laughed '' Oh please, what could you have done to deserve it? Steal a candy when you were five? '' 

Bom laughed, wiping small tears away

'' You don't need to tell me. I am going to find out, and i will take revenge for you '' He said smiling 

'' Thank you, Seung Hyun ''