一 .

The Hidden Desire

CHAPTER I

“Jinu.” his mom called out from downstairs. He was in his room drying his hair as he just get out from the shower he thought that his mom already came back from her trip. He went downstairs with his towel on his head as he wasn’t even done drying it. He’s wearing a loose cream sweater and sweat pants. He lifted his head up slowly and saw his mom together with a man and a young lady who he haven’t even seen before. He blinked his eyes as he already have a haunch what this is all about and he might have already expected this to happen. He look in the eyes of his mom and forced his smile, he doesn’t want to make her worry that’s why he did it. He bowed his head and removed the towel from his head. “Good day! I am Kim Jinwoo.” he introduced himself in a bright tone and smiled to the two strangers. 

“Jinu my son, this is Jae rim. He’s the guy who I am going to marry.” He can see it clearly to the eyes of his mom that she’s really happy with the guy. He felt sad on the inside as he can remember the words that he and his mom shared most of the time. ‘I’ll protect you mom. We can be always be together and you won’t need a man to protect you anymore because I am already here.’ That’s what he used to tell his mom. 

“This is Irene his daughter. She’s the same age as you but she’s older by a few months.” The girl in front of him smiled and greeted him with her cheerful voice. “Isn’t she pretty?” The question ringed in to his ears as he just stared at her in daze. No doubt about it, she’s really pretty. “We brought some food so we can eat all together and we would like to discuss something together with you.” That smile of his mom it’s been a long time since he have seen it and it was really different from how she smiled before. He felt sad on the inside but kept telling himself that he can’t show it.

His mom lead everyone to their dining table and the young man helped his mom with preparing the utensils at the table like he usually do. It was just always him and his mom that was he kept on thinking. 

He was in daze when their dinner started as if his mind wasn’t there at all and was flying out of nowhere.  They kept discussing about how they meet and how happy they are. His eyes turned to the lady who was sitting across him. She was smiling and seems like he was happy for the both of them.

“They will move out in our house next week.” He blinked his eyes and look at his mom, surprised at what he just heard. ‘Next week?’ he asked his mind. It’s too fast. 'Why are they seem to be in a hurry?' He looked in to the eyes of his mom and just nodded he doesn't have any choice but to agree with it. 'My mom's happiness is what matters the most.' he kept thinking it to his mind as that was his priority.

After dinner he went back to his room as it is already time for him to study. He have an upcoming examination for next week to his surprise he was followed by Irene who peek in to his room with a bright smile. "Hello!" she said in a cheery tone stepping inside his room and looked around. It was the first time a girl enter his room other than his mom and he was really taken aback. "I'll be looking forward to be your sister." She winked at him. He felt his cheeks burned as he shut his eyes and look down. The girl on the other hand was chuckling and take her leave. He heaved a deep sigh and plop on to his chair trying to breathe in calmly. 

'Should I be happy that I am going to have a sister and a new father?'