Shift

Make you sure

And here’s part two ..spoiler alert: it’s terrible. But it was kind of fun to write anyway even though it’s kind of rushed.


 

Your mom bought you a new hat and gloves and gave them to you before you left. You felt heavy like you always did when you leave home after a visit but you finally went outside without crying. You were sure Jiho should have been waiting for you at this point so you wandered out to the front of your house and looked down the street to see him locking the door to his house and head your way. He didn't see you though and you could have just waited for him where you were but you decided to walk and meet him half way. He finally looked up from his feet and seemed surprised to see you. He let a breath out and you could see it in the air because it was so cold. "It's really getting colder isn't it?" You smiled at him and he grinned at you. "Pretty cold yeah." He said looking over your shoulder at your house. “You said your goodbyes already?” He asked and you nodded in response. "How's your mom?" You asked. "She wasn't home." You nodded again and started walking back towards your house and neared your car, Xero followed.

"Do you want to come back with me Jiho? I know you never drive home I'm sure it would be quicker than the bus if you came back with me. If you want to anyway..." He hesitated near the passenger side door. "Are…we okay ______?" He questioned. You shook your head to his question and Jiho looked frightened for a second. “You know you’re driving right? Get on this side of the car.” He didn’t argue with you he still seemed pretty confused so he just switched places with you and you both got in the car.

                “You must be mad at me if you’re making me drive.” He joked and slid on his seat belt as you did the same. “I was never mad at you Jiho.” He nodded to himself. “No look at me” You demanded and he turned to face you and you searched his eyes. “I was never mad at you. I really wish I could be sometimes though” You stuck your tongue out at him. “Why?” “Why did you follow me here Jiho? I know you don’t like coming home so it wasn’t to see your family.” He sighed and turned the car on, immediately switched on the heat and looked over his shoulder to back out of the drive way. “Because no one has ever told me off before or if they did I’ve never noticed.” You glanced out the window and rolled your eyes and raised your eyebrows not really surprised that he’s never noticed.  “I talked to (your friend) and I felt really bad...that you think I don’t care about you.” His tone lowered and it sent chills up your spine. “I don’t really think you care about anyone Jiho.”His head tilted and he pulled over to the side of the road so that he could look at you. “Anyone?” He said in a disgustingly cute voice. “Maybe, maybe not.” He shrugged his shoulders. What was with the sudden aegyo? “Why are you doing this?” you asked kind of weirded out. You were serious and he was joking around. “Yah don’t look at me like that.” His voice became deep and serious again. “Do I care about anyone? Maybe not but I’m positive I care about you more than anyone. I’m sorry I’ve done a really bad job of showing that. Teasing is just kind of how I interact with people.” He turned back forward and pulled off again and you remained silent the rest of the ride back to the campus. As a matter of fact you thought long and hard about what he had said until you fell asleep.

                You didn’t wake up until you felt multiple taps on your shoulder. “______! ...______! Wake up we’re back at school! Yah come on it’s cold out here.” His whining voice easily woke you up out of your snooze and when you opened your eyes he had one knee in the driver’s seat and one foot out of the car and on the ground. “What? Were you going to leave me in here if I didn’t wake up?” You rubbed your eye. “Nope” he smiled and leaned down to kiss you which caught you off guard. “I was just gonna try to carry you.” He got out of the car and closed the door then walked over to your side and opened the door. “Slee.py.head.” He poked the tip of your nose and talked in that aegyo voice again. You just rolled your eyes again but still grabbed his hand when he held it out for you to get out of the car.

                Walking up to the dorms with your bag being carried by Xero you knew something had to be said but when you parted your lips he had already beat you to saying anything. “So if you were tired of me why did you kiss me when you saw me? And when I kiss you why don’t pull away? Is it normal for you to casually kiss your friends?” He sounded serious but when you looked at him he was smirking at you…of course he would go back to normal eventually. You ignored the question and kept walking towards your room, only stopping when he did. You turned to look back at him and he was pouting. “I was happy to see you is all.” you shrugged. “Are you always that happy to see me?” You sighed…yeah he’s an idiot.

                "I don't know if you've noticed that I've like you for the better part of the years I’ve known. The last two years have been especially difficult with your popularity on the soccer team and all." You could finally admit it because it wasn’t that big of a secret anymore. You already kissed the guy if he was still shocked at this point he's just stupid.  Why else would you get so defensive or well…jealous with the way he acts with other girls if you didn’t like him? You went back to walking because you were going to freeze to death standing outside trying to explain the obvious to Xero.  “Do you just casually kiss your friends Jiho? Like you did me when you woke me up?” You actually blushed a bit thinking about that but if he noticed you were probably just going to blame it on the cold. 

                He managed to catch up it wasn’t hard since his legs were much longer than yours he took way less steps. “You do know you’re really stand-offish with me right? Kind of like you hate my guts but tolerate me just because. We this type of passive-aggressive friendship going on most of the time how would I know you liked me? You know I’m just trying to impress you with my popularity.” You blinked at him and raised an eyebrow. Cockiness is not attractive to you. “I didn’t know that. So we’re both stupid I guess.” You laughed and rubbed the back of your neck awkwardly. Because he liked you he was extra arrogant and because you liked him but didn’t want to be hurt you pushed him way.

 You had reached your dorm room and for some reason turned and leaned your back against the door to look up at Jiho. “I’m…sorry. I didn’t quite express my feelings towards you clearly. I don’t buy that you act like that just to impress me because you still are full of yourself naturally but-“You were cut off when Jiho dropped your bag on the floor and cupped your face with both his hands. You didn’t break eye contact with him until he tilted his head and leaned down to gently peck your lips. You closed your eyes and one of his hands remained holding your face while the other rested on your side pulling your body closer to his. He pulled you in but at the same time pressed your back against the door more with his body.

                He had this way of really making you feel like you were his when he did that. He had a firm but gentle way of making you as close to him as humanly possible. He pulled away leaving you breathless and honestly a bit embarrassed because you got really into that last kiss. He laughed a little and even widened his eyes down at you when you parted. You just bit down on your bottom lip and looked away from his intense gaze. “Then let me be clear?” He used the tip of his index finger and thumb to turn you head to face him again. “_______ I like you. I like you a lot. Shouldn’t we….stop playing games?” He thought about it again and ran his hand down your arm slowly. “I mean I do like playing with you. You react so cutely to everything I do. You’re so fun and cute ______. Be my girlfriend?”  Your mind went blank for a minute he was teasing you and at the same time he was obviously completely serious yet you still had to ask... “Are you serious?” He gave you a cheeky eye smile while also going “MM-HM” with an exaggerated nod. “Will you stop acting like everyone must love you because you’re just so attractive and talented?” He thought about it. “I can’t promise that but I can try toning it down for you.” “I- can live with that. Yes I’ll be your girlfriend.” With that Xero wrapped his arms around you tightly and kissed your forehead which caused you to giggle in his chest.

                You heard footsteps and let go of Xero to look at who was coming. It was your friend…who is also your roommate so this was kind of awkward. “So you two are good then? I’ve never seen you hug before.” Xero grinned and faced her. “We…talked yeah. Now she’s my girlfriend.” He was so proud he turned to kiss you quickly. “How is that for getting my together?” He sassed.

Your friend looked honestly disgusted but relieved. “Fantastic, so I‘m going to be helping you make extra big signs for his soccer games now right?  Wonderful.” She threw her hands up in defeat and Xero gave you a questioning look. “She’s good at painting okay?” He just laughed and ruffled your hair and attempted to lean down to give you a kiss yet again but your friend wasn’t having that.

“Okay okay lover boy that’s enough I get it you’re together now. Clearly a lot happened over the last three days so I’m going to need you to go away so I can talk to my friend.” She forced a wedge between you Jiho shamelessly and he looked baffled by the turn of events. “Why does she hate me again?” he whined to you.  Your friend placed her hand on his shoulder while simultaneously unlocking the door and pushing you inside. “Oh I don’t hate you Jiho. I just need you to go away so I can see how you managed to brain wash my best friend.” She looked him up and down then turned to you in the doorway. “IT’S HIS LEGS ISN’T IT?” You only laughed and shook your head. “I’ll just see you later Jiho thanks for walking me home.” You leaned out to kiss him but you were intercepted again.

“No more of that until we talk.” You were suddenly being pushed deeper into the dorm and the door was being shut. “B-BYE BABE” you yelled before the door closed completely in his face. After the struggle was over your friend glared at you in disbelief. “Babe? Oh I’m going to be sick. Come oooon” she dragged you into her room and shut the door. This is where you talked for a few hours until she completely understood the situation and it took a whiiiiille for her to understand considering your attitude when you left.

------MONDAY EVENING-------

There was a knock on your door as you were trying to get ready for the big soccer game in a few minutes. When you opened the door there he was, your boyfriend, in his team uniform and everything. He looked really good in it but you wouldn’t tell him that, he would probably say something like “I know” with a signature smirk that would make you want to strangle him.

“Jiho what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be stretching and practicing a little before the game?”“Yeah but I wanted to give you this.” He handed you a ball of fabric and when you let it unravel it was a shirt similar to the one he was wearing right now. “what’s this?” you asked examining the jersey with his surname on the back and his number. “It’s one of my extra jerseys. I want you to wear it tonight so that everyone knows I’m yours.” You were surprised by his reasoning he’s only been your boyfriend for a day and he was already ready to make it so publicly known “and the other way around. So everyone knows you’re mine…I don’t like the way Seogoong looks at you.” He glared and you laughed. “YUP there it is. The real reason, so possessive Jiho.” You shook your head at him and you both exchanged eye smiles. Your friend passed by with a gagging sound. “Oh get a room” she groaned and Jiho pushed the door open wider. “Oh are you moving out?” You burst into laughter shocked that he had such a snappy comeback so quickly and your friend’s face was so shocked and then she looked impressed. She nodded with approval and went back to her room.

“Anyway thanks babe, I’ll wear it proudly.” He cheekily smiled at you and kissed you of course because it was like his favorite thing to do whenever he saw you. “Now go I don’t want you getting in trouble or messing up on the field tonight. This is a big game.” You fanned him away. “I know. I’ll play extra well knowing you’re watching me.” You rolled your eyes. “I watch every game. You and I both know you’re just good at soccer.” He smirked at your comment. “True.” He replied. Ugh why do you even feed his ego? He ran off and you went back to getting ready. You passed by your friend’s room and she shook her head at you. “How did you even get here, you were only gone three days!” You shrugged. “Change of perspective I guess?” Now it was her turn to roll her eyes at you.

                “It’s totally his legs tell me the truth!”

All she heard was the front door closing. You had to go cheer for your Jiho. 

 

[End]