Chapter 02

Giving Love, Gaining Insincerity

Both Chae Seol and Mino walked into YG Entertainment. The female was laughing at something the male said. B.I was on the landing of the second level, on his way up to Old Yang's office when he saw the pair talking like an attached couple. Anger flashed in his eys for a second before it was clouded once more with a blank look on his face. 

He was getting better at this. The whole concealing his feelings thing. It was difficult, initially, to mask his true emotions. It took a lot of willpower from him before he could block out the hurt he was feeling from the break up. Sure, he was dubbed the new prince of YG after G-Dragon, but that did not mean everyone loved him. He got his way most times. He has the largest studio available at his disposal anytime. Whatever B.I wants, B.I gets. But the keyword here is most. He has everything his heart desires. All but one thing, his girl. Well technically, he did get her, she was his girl, but then again, he didn't know if she was actually his to begin with, especially after she just replaced him, without an ounce of guilt or shame in her eyes.

 

Six months ago

"So this is it? You just leave without even telling me a reason why?" B.I confronted Chae Seol.

Chae Seol looked away, her eyes not meeting that of B.I's. The said male looked at the female with apparent hurt in his eyes, "You walked away because of Mino? Because you fell in love with him? When you are still in a relationship with me?"

Chae Seol didn't turn her head away and kept her sight on the ground with no intention of meeting the male's eyes. B.I, in turn grew madder and madder at the lack of response he was receiving. Not being able to take it any longer, he finally exploded and shouted at the female, "I was committed to this relationship Seol. I did everything to make it work. I sacrificed sleep and put in a lot of effort to keep our relationship going. I understood when you were became too overwhelmed by work. I understood when you were too busy, to even talk on the phone for half an hour maximum. I understood when you never cook for me anymore because you became tired. But now I think I'm just being lied to. Did you get tired of cooking or did you get tired of the whole relationship? Was it because puting in effort was too much hard work on you, making our whole relationship nothing, becuase YOU felt it was tiring? You had the nerve to just walk away from me and get all lovey dovey with someone I am close with? Not a stranger but my own friend and colleague? Were you always that low? Was he your initial target, and I was just someone that got in the way of both of you? Am I not enough Seol? I stopped playing around because I got serious with you, and this is how you repay me?"

B.I took a deep breath, and continued pouring his thoughts to the female who had her eyes closed, trying to stop herself from snaping at the angry male. She absorbed all the angry words directed at her, but did not put any to heart, because Chae Seol knew all B.I said wasn't true. It was enough that only she knew that. The male spoke up again, his voice rising to a cresendo, "Seol, I gave my all for this relationship. You changed me for the better. You are, no wait, you were the centre of my world, someone I chose to give up the partying and girls for. Then shortly after that, you just dump me? Why? Because you just wanted to be the person known for taming the YG Player? The person to make YG's Prince bow down only to step on him? Got bored of the bad boy playing nice with you?"

B.I scoffed and then gave the female a blank face, void of any more love and care for the girl. "Forget it, we are done. Go and have fun with your new boy toy Chae Seol-ssi. You can just forget whatever happened between us. Oh wait. I forgot you clearly don't think that there was any relationship between us in the first place. I take your silence as a mutual understanding that we act like strangers from now on. Clearly I am the only one who wanted our relationship to transform into something even more meaningful and significant for us both."

Hearing that, Chae Seol couldn't just remain silent. The female found the whole situation absolutely ridiculous. She couldn't accpet the man's false accusation of her not giving her all into their relationship, not when she had also sacrificed a lot for the relationship. In fact, to any onlooker who looked into their story, they would all agree that she sacrificed too much. She finally understood that she was losing a lot by committing to the relationship. She finally decided to do something for herself. It was a choice of further destroying herself in an unhealthy relationship or saving herself and choosing to love herself this time, and this time she chose the latter. In her whole relationship with Kim Han Bin, there were good moments, but it was slowly turning into something dangerous and unhealthy. More often than not, she would lay awake late at night, her mind filled with dark thoughts, ones that no healthy person is supposed to harbour. It was those scary thoughts that drove her to make the decision to leave. 

"Only you BI-ssi? Did I hear you correctly? I put in a lot of effort into our relationship. And don't you dare call me Seol anymore." The female's eyes glistened with angry tears, threatening to fall any second. "You know what, forget it. Apparently you are an even more self-centered prick than I thought you were." Chae Seol turned her body away from the male and took a step towards her car.

Chae Seol found it funny that B.I couldn't wait for a better time, and had to confront her the minute she reached YG Entertainment, apparently he thought the best place to have a lovers spite was by the entrance.

God, how am I even going to face everyone after the whole dramatic argument.

She saw the security ahjussi cast a look of pity to her. Damn it.  She didn't need pity. She didn't need people whispering about her when she walked down the corridor. It was already a mess when everyone knew that THE B.I managed to settle down with a girlfriend. It was all everyone could talk about. There were countless rumours, some very disturbing circulating around the company to reason out why the player of the company decided to settle down. It wasn't because Ji Chae Seol wasn't gorgeous, because she is beyond beautiful. But her beauty was also one of the reasons that fuelled the rumours. Chae Seol wondered what people are going to say once the news of the argument spread in the company. All the people who didn't quite like her will have a good time laughing.

The said male, annoyed at Chae Seol's quick exit grabbed her by the wrists and demanded for more answers from her. He searched for at least a bit of clue as to why she would walk away from him. As much as he wanted to deny it, he loved this girl standing before him. Those set of eyes, so bright, so clear. Those lips, ones that move deliciously against his lips. That nose, pointed and small. And god that hair, cascading down her back and perfectly framing her petite face. It was as if this girl was made for him. How her head could fit perfectly into the crook of his neck. How their hands fit perfectly with each other. They complemented each other like a fork and knife, or strawberry and jam. Which was why it hurt even more that the female seemed so nonchalant about leaving him. Their relationship was nothing sort of good, at least for the first few months. Their relationship was one that made him feel good. She made him become a better person, one who finally understood what was really important in life. He made her feel tingling feelings on her skin where his hands grazed. She made him feel genuinely loved and cared for, someone who finally stood beside the lonely man. He made her feel special, because he would not stop reminding her how much he loved her. Sure, their relationship had glitches along the way, it faced rough seas, but every single time, they managed to find a common ground, and learn a lesson. B.I didn't know where their relationship had gone wrong. He still took care of her, her lesser and lesser each time, until she completely drifted away from him. To say that B.I didn't feel it in his guts was a lie, because as much as he wanted to deny it, he knew she was getting further and further away from his grasp. Maybe it was because she became stiff when he hugged her, or how she didn't really say I love yous anymore. He tried saving their relationship, tried stitching back the hole between them, but she didn't really appreciate all the effort he had put in. So, B.I got lazy, and Chae Seol drifted even further away. It wasn't surprising to both of them that by the end of the month, their was no relationship to save anymore.

----

 

B.I was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Chae Seol giggling again, folowed by Mino's chuckle. It was enough to put him into an even more sour mood than he already was. As he continued stomping his way to CEO's Yang office, all he could think about was how much he detested the couple together.