Chapter 01

Giving Love, Gaining Insincerity

short A/N before reading! text in this colour are Chae Seol's thoughts, this colour is Mino's 

Enjoy reading! 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Urgh. What is that sound?

Chae Seol opened her eyes slowly and looked at the clock on her bedside table. 5:45 AM

Her eyes blinked a few times before she could identify the source of the noise. Urgh. 

Ring. Ring. Ring.

Chae Seol sighed. She didn't want to leave the comfort of her bed to accept the call. It could only be one person who would call her this early in the morning, and she was not willing to get up from bed for him this time.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

Urgh. I won't be able to get more sleep if he keeps calling.

With irritation, Chae Seol finally extended her hands from below the blanket and reached out for her phone to answer the call without even checking the caller display.

"Yes Mino?" 

"You little . It's Oppa for you." Mino's low voice ringed in Chae Seol's ears.

Chae Seol replied with a mocking tone "Mino, I'll only call you Oppa when you do not act like a 5 year old kid calling me at 5:45 in the morning."

"Aish this kid, I know better than to call you this early in the morning without a reason."

Chae Seol let out a sigh and asked the man "What is it Mino?"

"I delivered a parcel to you. I think it's supposed to arrive like right now."

"Now? Which mailman sends parcels this early in the morning Mino? Plus why can't you just give it to me when you meet me?"

Mino replied, "Well, err, it's impossible for me to carry, and I think it would be a bit too heavy for you to carry. Go and freshen up! The mailman will be at your place soon."

Chae Seol sat up on her bed and rubbed her eyes, the last drop of drowsiness disappearing and replaced with genuine curiosity.

"Mino, the parcel better be a good enough reason for me to get up from bed, you poop."

She swung her feet off the bed while Mino replied "I promise it is worth giving up your sleep for princess."

"Arasso, I'll go and freshen up now. Call you later when I received the parcel."

Precisely after she uttered the sentence, the doorbell rang. Mino heard it through the phone and chuckled before saying, "Oh well. I don't think you can go and freshen up just yet. Go and open the door now. I want to know what you think of the parcel I sent."

Chae Seol looked around her bedroom to locate her jacket before throwing it on and walking past her dining room--living room. She pressed the intercom and asked the person on the other side of her door, "Who is this?"

A high-pitched voiced answered her back "Err, a parcel for Ms. Ji Chae Seol from Mr. SMH"

Weird. The mailman's voice sounds like a girl having a really bad sore throat. Oh well, better open the door first.

Chae Seol walked to her apartment's main entrance and opened the door only to laugh at the sight of it

The girl laughed, a sweet tinkling sound coming out from , her eyes forming cresent shapes.

Beautiful.

She told the 'mailman', "Mr. SMH is right, the parcel is quite impossible for him to carry and TOO heavy for me to carry."

The mailman grinned and replied her, "Told you so."

Chae Seol laughed again at the sight of Song Minho standing before her, with a giant pink ribbon wrapped around his torso. 

She clicked her tongue. "Minho, when you meant parcel, I hope you don't mean you. This is..."

Minho stuck his tongue out and cut the girl mid-sentence, "Please Chae, I am more than enough reason for you to wake up."

The younger female shot him a dirty look but still stepped aside to let the male in.

"What are you doing here Mino?"

"That is a question you know the answer to. Why bother asking again Chae?"

The female responded to his question with a grim face, "You can't keep waking me up this damn early so that you can ask me to cook you breakfast. And how the hell did the security ahjussi allow you to come up again? I should really move to a building with tighter security so no one can come up knocking on my door anymore."

Mino ignored the serious look on her face, knowing that she was not really serious about moving away, not letting him in or not cooking him breakfast. "Hmm let's see, maybe it has to do with me acting like the role of a sweet boyfriend surprising the girlfriend with breakfast in bed too perfectly. Besides, your security ahjussi knows me by name already."

Chae Seol rolled his eyes at him and said, "I swear my security ahjussi trust you more than me." She grunted before continuing, "What do you want for breakfast?"

Mino's face split into a huge smile, "The usual."

Chae Seol looked at the male incredulously and said "Mino, you are going to turn into a real mixed breed of a pig and chicken if I keep cooking you bacon and scrambled eggs everyday."

The female continued complaining while the pair walked into the kitchen. She rambled on about how no one is going to like Winner's rapper anymore if he turned into a mutant, but still took out the eggs and the bacon from the fridge.

Both Mino and Chae Seol worked comfortably around the kitchen. Each were fully aware of the task they were supposed to take. Chae Seol would hand the bacon to Mino who would place several slices on a plate to wait for them to thaw for a while. He would take a frying pan from the cabinet and drizzle some olive oil before placing the bacon on top of it and watch them sizzle. Chae Seol would be the one in charge of the eggs because the day Mino tried to crack an egg, he decided to trip and break a whole tray of eggs. Her apartment ended up stinking like raw eggs for a week. He was never allowed to be close with uncooked eggs after that day. 

Soon after, they had a plate of their usual breakfast set up on the dining table. Chae Seol also whipped up pancakes for each of them, while Mino poured some orange juice into two glasses. Both proceed to sit down on the dining table and started eating.

It was silent only for a few seconds before Chae Seol spoke up with a grumble, "It is not healthy to be friends with you. You invade my place like it's your place."

The man drizzled some maple syrup on his pancakes before looking up at the female sitting in front of him with a raised eyebrow. "And you hate it?"

Chae Seol stayed silent for some time before speaking up, "No, I don't hate it. But aren't you tired?"

"What do you mean? Chae, are you kidding me. Eating breakfast with my ideal woman is never tiring."

Chae Seol put down her fork and knife and looked into Mino's eyes, "Oppa"

. Oppa means some serious business

"Oppa, being a creative director for the entertainment company you are in means I know your schedule. You just reached Incheon Airport from Japan at 1am. You have a studio recording today and dance practice after that starting from 9am. I expect you to be in bed, not having breakfast with me at 6AM in the morning"

Mino looked up and flashed her a charming smile, "Chae, I think you have the wrong idea. I don't really miss you, I just miss the bacon and scambled eggs. No one wanted to eat breakfast with me in Japan, and no one can cook perfect scrambled eggs like you."

Chae Seol snorted at the male, "HAHA, you? Breakfast? Please Mino, both of us know you are not a morning or a breakfast person. If it wasn't for me, you would still be in bed at two in the afternoon. HAHAHA"

"Fine alright, I give in." Mino gave Chae Seol a gummy smile before remembering something, "Hey Chae, remember we made a bet on who could eat a bowl of ramen faster and you promised to grant me a wish because I won?"

Chae Seol groaned, "Of course, how could I forget. All I got from that stupid bet was a burning tongue and a runny nose. But alright, a promise is still a promise. What do you want?"

Mino thought for a while before proceeding with his words, not knowing how the younger female was going to take it. "This might sound very very weird, and I don't mean it in a weird erted kind of way, but let me choose your clothes today?"

Chae Seol sat in her seat, her fork holding pancakes frozen mid air while she stared at the male. "Huh? I'm sorry but did I hear correctly? You want to choose what I wear for today?"

Mino gave her an assuring gaze, "Yes."

Chae Seol thought Mino had gone crazy for a minute, but she couldn't really reject the idea, not when they had promised. Their friendship runs too deep to break promises with each other. Besides she trusted the male enough to not dress her in something she would not wear in a million years.

"Fine Mino, but nothing too short, nothing too open, nothing strapless, and no party dresses. Oh no really tall heels. What am I missing? Erm, no tight fitting clothes, no..."

The male laughed as the female tried to think of more things to say. "You sound like a father scolding her daughter on her outfit choices. Trust me, I won't dress you in clothes that will have men drooling over you. Not that you have the lack of men turning their heads around to look at you, but I don't need more men to introduce themselves or to accidentally bump into you, or ask you for directions."

It was the female's turn to laugh. "Well then, I trust you enough to cover me up like a demure young lady."

Mino scrunched his face up in a teasing manner, "What demure lady hangs out alone with a man in her apartment and works in a company famous for hip hop?"

"Little poop," Chae Seol blurted out. "Arasso, I know I am not THAT much of a demure lady but speed up you , I need to go to the company soon. I have a lot of work to do."

The pair stood up from the dining table and put their respective cutlery in the sink before entering Chae Seol's bedroom.

Both walked further into her room, to Chae Seol's walk-in closet. Mino glanced around and located the cabinet with her jeans. He took out a pair of black jeans then went to another cabinet to take a grey tee.

Chae Seol observed him from the end of the room before understanding what Mino's real intention was.

"Mino, I don't own a red baseball jacket."

Mino turned around and sheepishly smiled at Chae Seol, "You sure catch on to things very qucikly."

Chae Seol let out a small laugh before answering him, "It's weirder if I don't understand what you are trying to do. Not when you are wearing black pants, a grey tee, and a red baseball jacket." 

Chae Seol walked towards Mino to take from him the jeans and tee he had in his hands. "I won't wear this tee, I'd settle with a white shirt."

Mino contemplated his options. He didn't want to push Chae Seol's buttons, especially since he was sure the girl would vehemntly reject his idea if she had not promised him. He spoke up, "Fine, but a grey bra at least?" 

Chae Seol responded to the male with a grunt, "This friendship is totally unhealthy. Which male can ask his female friend to wear specific underclothes without shame?"

"Me," Mino retaliated without missing a beat. He then scanned her pile of clothes before picking up a white cropped tee. Chae Seol wrinkled her nose at his choice, "This? To YG Entertainment? A sheer cropped top isn't exactly covering up Mino."

Mino answered, "It's a combination of y and cute. I don't think anyone would mind you wearing this. I know I don't."

Chae Seol smacked the elder male's head before turning around to grab a Nona9on leather biker jacket from a few seasons ago and throwing it to Mino.

"You wait around while I go and bathe. Do not fool around and touch anything and everything Mino," the girl warned.

The male lazily nodded, "Yes, okay, now go and bathe. I need to go to the company too."

As Chae Seol entered the bathroom to take a bath, Mino walked back to the female's bedroom to put down her biker jacket on the bed and then went to the kitchen to take off his baseball jacket before walking to the sink and washing the dishes.

I swear I do a lot of things for this girl. 

It was a routine Mino was used to doing. Chae Seol would be in the bath while Mino would take it upon himself to wash the dishes. He walked back into Chae Seol's bedroom after finishing to find her still in the bath. A bit jetlagged from his recent trip, Mino dragged his body to her bed and plopped down on it, unknowingly falling asleep as his eyelids become heavier and heavier.

 

 

Chae Seol came out of the bedroom to find that everything was too quiet for her liking. Usually Mino would be rapping when she was in the bathroom, or she could hear sounds of despair from having been defeated in a game in his phone. She walked into her bedroom to find the older male curled up in her bed. A smile unknowingly came to her face.

This kid.  

As much as she didn't want to disturb him, they had to go to the company or else they would risk being late and getting scolded at. 

Chae Seol crept to Mino's side and shook his shoulders.

"Mino, wake up. We need to go now, or else old Yang would flip. "

Mino, who was in a light slumber woke up at the touch of the younger female. He was about to open his eyes before his playful side caught up to him. Mino stayed asleep while Chae Seol shook him harder. 

The male pretended to stretch his hands in the hopes of pulling her down to lie beside him for a minute, like those moments in korean dramas. He stretched his hands but couldn't feel the female beside him anymore. 

Where did this girl go?

Mino continued to flail his arm around, trying to locate the girl to no avail. The male finally peered through his eyelids, to find the female standing on the bed beside him.

Chae Seol looked at Mino and laughed, "Mino, you don't think I would be stupid enough to fall for your plan on making me lie on the bed with you right?"

Mino grumbled, opened his eyes fully and stayed silent for a minute before standing up suddenly, shouting at the female, "Yah! So you shook me on the shoulders with your foot? You little . Come here you!" By then, Chae Seol has escaped her bedroom, far away from the wrath that was Song Minho. 

Mino chased the girl down and ran around the living room trying to catch the younger female. With longer legs, he managed to pull the girl and encircle his arms around her waist. Chae Seol squealed when she was caught, an action that didn't happen a lot. Mino turned the female around and ruffled her hair before slumping his whole weight on her shoulders.

The girl complained, "Mino, get off me. You are too heavy."

Mino listened to the female and got off her, ruffled her hair before going back to her bedroom to grab her biker jacket.

Chae Seol, in turn, took Mino's baseball jacket hanging on one of the dining chairs. Her eyes turned towards the sink, empty from a clutter of dirty dishes.

Dependable, as always.

 

Grabbing her work bag she packed the night before off the living room table, both of them walked out, but not before Mino took out a pair of red converse from the shoe closet for Chae Seol to wear.

Mino cautiously peered at Chae Seol, "At least we can wear matching colours right?" 

Chae Seol looked down at the pair of shoes, "Okay, the shoes are fine. I'll drive today, so you sleep in the passenger seat."

That one statement sparked off another argument between the two on who should drive whose car to YG Entertainment.

 

Just like that, the two friends bickered while walking to the underground car park, anyone seeing them thinking, "Cute couple." 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

meeting BI next chapter! *excited! What would he say to two of the people he once cared walking in together in couple outfits? or did he even stop caring at all?