Min Rin

Bird Out Of Its Cage

Chapter 10

(Min Rin’s POV)

 

‘I have to call him or otherwise, I can’t give him his jacket!’ My head was spinning whether I should call him or not. The jacket he borrowed me was clean after I put it in the washing machine. My heart was nervous while my brain kept forcing myself to call him. “Should I call him?” I asked while walking in circles. “Should I call him not?” “Mi~n Ri~n, you’re making me dizzy… can you just stop and sit down?!” Yuna told me. I looked at her and stopped walking, “should I call him, Yuna?!” “Call who?” she asked looking confused. “The guy who saved me-- who gave me this jacket?!” I pointed out the piece of clothing in my hands. I resumed walking in circles while listening to Yuna’s answer, “he said you can keep it, right? So I recommend you to not call him.” “Yeah, you’re right… I should call him!” “Wait! I didn’t say tha-!”

I dialed his phone number that I revised on a piece of paper and then asked Yuna after I heard she was trying to tell me something, “did you say something?” She rolled her eyes and replied, “no, I didn’t say anything.” I turned facing forward and then heard, “hello? I’m Park Chanyeol, who’s this?” I wasn’t prepared. His deep, manly voice was ringing into my ears. My heart was beating so fast! “Hello?” “Ah! Umm, this is Min Rin, whom you let borrow your jacket… the other day. I want to return it to you,” I spoke nervously. He was quiet; I figured maybe he forgot about me.

“Min Rin, do you like Bubble Tea?” he suddenly asked me that. “Yeah, I guess,” I answered with a confused face. He sounded thrilled to hear that answer, “then that’s great! Let’s meet at the XXX tomorrow at 10am!” I agreed. “Then… goodnight.” “Goodnight, Min Rin.” I couldn’t believe we just said goodnights to each other!

 

BRIIIIIIING!! My alarm sounded. “Why do you always disturb me when I was having a great dream,” I talked to the alarm clock as if it can talk back (that is a good thing though). I peeked at the alarm clock and noticed it was 7:30 am. I stood and walked slowly into the bathroom like a zombie.

After taking a refreshing bath, I went downstairs to help our dorm guardian, Mrs. Sang Ri, to cook the students’ breakfast. Mrs. Sang Ri is quite a delicate person, shy but really pretty. “Ohayou, Minnie!” Hyemi greeted from behind. I flinched, surprised to her sudden greeting. “Woah! Minnie, you’re over-reacting!” “You surprised me!” It was Hyemi, Hee Jung and my duty to help cook breakfast and dinner with Mrs. Sang Ri, so we three have to wake earlier than the others. Hee Jung wasn’t there at the dorm though, she was chosen for a ‘Math Competition’ in America. Awesome, right? After a while, eating breakfast, cleaning the place, talking with the others… I almost forgot about meeting with Chanyeol!

I looked at the clock and it pointed at 9:30. “I’m going to be late!” I quickly took Ahra with me towards my room. Ahra was blank to my sudden action but I ignored it. I asked her to help me choose suitable, pretty clothing. Sometimes, I wondered to myself, ‘it’s not like it’s a date… why am I so nervous about?!’ Seriously, why was I nervous about?!

 

I wore a peach-colored dress, with a red ribbon as my belt. I walked into the café that he told me about and saw him standing near a table, waving at me. I went closer and sat in front of him. He smiled and asked, “drink?” “Bubble Tea is fine,” I answered. He’s a sociable guy, and I liked it. We chat and chat until evening. “It’s late. Let me walk you home,” he told me. What a gentleman he is.

 

We walked and reached the dorm’s main door. “It’s nice to meet you, Min Rin.” “You too and thank you once again about the jacket.” “No… thank you.” I looked at him, confused to why he thanked me, “for what?” “For giving back my favorite jacket.” “Your favorite jacket?” “Yes, dork!” he said. I talked back at him, “you’re the dork!” He chortled, “and handsome too.” Tch!

 

I closed the door after saying goodbye. Honestly… he is handsome. He makes my heart fluttery.