Chapter 2: Seoul and Wine

Smeared with Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello trine_lin here :)) I hope ya'll like the story so far and I'm sorry the first chapter was so short!

Soooooooo..

Jin Hwan finally makes an appearance! ;) ;)

Anyway, thank you for subscribing guys! <3 <3 <3 you got me so pumped up! I'm really really happy :')

ps. The story is set about a year after iKon's debut.

pps. Again, as a reminder from the foreword, Jin Hwan's part is in korean(he speaks/thinks in korean). The other members speak Korean as well unless stated otherwise :)

 

Chapter 2: Seoul and Wine

CLARILYN P.O.V

Wasn’t entirely sure why I chose Seoul. No. It wasn’t because of kpop. I had to be delusional if I thought that I could magically meet one of those perfect Korean boys, then get them to fall in love with me. I used to be a hopeless romantic till’ Aaron came along. Now I just don’t think that my heart has the space to occupy love anymore. Not now.

It has been 3 days since I got here. I shopped everywhere. Retail therapy, is the best therapy after all. It’s not like I’m short of cash. Mum and dad still transfer a humongous amount of cash into my back account every week. I like convincing myself that they must feel bad for leaving me in Melbourne for five years like that. It’s like they’ve decided to withdraw from my life completely but the money that reaches my back account every week consoles me. At least I’ve crossed their mind.

That doesn’t change the fact that I miss them terribly and I’m still pretty upset that occasional phone calls are the only way we communicate. How hard is it, to fly over and tell me things like “I love you”, “you must feel lonely”, “how have you been” or even a simple “I care about you”? We seem to avoid those topics completely.

I don’t need to run into it to realise that there are invisible walls between mum, me, and dad. I don’t need to revisit the pain to realise that we still hurt each other. I don’t think they’ve even spoken to each other since they signed their papers. They’re even more pathetic than I am. Dad used to say that there’s nothing we can’t solve as a family. Now that sounds like a joke. The plot twisted and we’ve been stuck in the corners of a triangular shaped prison for five years now. I do want us to exit this. I haven’t found myself able to laugh without a care or converse genuinely with anyone for five years now. I don’t know if I’ll ever walk out but this cage doesn’t look like it’s going to open up anytime soon if I continued to stay at Melbourne. I came to Seoul to get a breath of fresh air. I’m broken either way, this wouldn’t kill. Melbourne never felt like home anyway.

I just felt like I needed to get my happiness back. Perhaps I’m not the most optimistic person on the face of the planet. The tragic end to my parents’ marriage, our family breakdown, and Aaron, they tell me that I need a break. I want to love, but I am afraid. I’m shaking at the thought of possibly meeting anyone new because all I’ve ever seen are the exact opposite of happy endings. I fear many things but I knew that I needed to save myself.

So here I am in a café in Hongdae, Seoul, just casually penning my thoughts down.

 

NARRATOR P.O.V

Later that day Clarilyn packed her luggage and checked out of her hotel. She had decided to make it a rule that she would check into a new random hotel every 3 days or so just to spice up her getaway. She felt that she needed that tinge of excitement and nervousness. It made her feel independent and she liked that.

She walked around Hongdae that afternoon and decided to have dinner at 7.30pm. When she finished her meal it was close to 9. She made her way further down a street and saw flashy lights illuminate the district, with youngsters like herself filling the street. Some were smoking cigarettes, some wore eye-catching clothing, some called after her in Korean, sounding as if they’ve known her for years. She knew better than to stop to converse. She quickened her pace and her luggage strolled alongside her in the hectic area.

Nightclubs.

She hasn’t exactly been to one although she’s of legal age to drink alcohol. She was technically an adult. However places like that rang warning bells in her head and had the word ‘danger’ plastered all over them. She just wanted to stay a ‘good girl’ and live peacefully.

She was planning to find a hotel nearby to settle for a night. She stopped outside a club with a yellow signboard reading “HOOPER” and took out her smartphone. As she was typing away on google maps to get directions to a hotel she felt a pair of eyes on her and her head shot up to not one, but a group of Korean girls staring her up like a pack of hungry vultures waiting to pounce on  their prey.

Well that’s kind of rude…

She tried to ignore the stares as the girls entered the club one by one, the last girl w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter