Eunoia

Let's remember. {Hiatus}

Here's  a  little  "2nd  chap"  teaser.  I  couldn't  wait  to  post  something,  so.....yeah.  ><



 

Whistling  tunes  blow  through  the  rows  and  tousle  tufts  of  fresh  life  in  the  hospital’s  nursery.  Fussy  whimpers  simmer  silent  to  listen  to  the  wandering  breeze  as  she  floats  past  each  knowing  child,  drifting  song  to  their  ears  and  sleep  to  their  eyes.

 

She  knows  he’s  here,  witnessing  his  birth  herself,  she  would  never  have  missed  it.  She  found  it  to  be  the  most  transcendent  occurrence.  How  a  woman  would  become  the  portal  in  which  a  new  being  is  pushed  through  and  made  to  breathe  something  pristine;  a  celebration  of  cells  as  they  received  their  very  first  experience  separate  from  the  womb;  the  gratitude  and  security  in  their  knowing  that  there  is  just  so  much  more  to  come.  So  much  to  wait  for,  and  so  much  to  enjoy.

 

He  had  smiled  when  the  faint  brush  of  a  familiar  aura  welcomed  him  to  this  life  after  all  the  effort  he  spent  trying  to  wriggle  into  it,  it  reached  out  to  him  like  a  tendril  of  warmth  that  caressed  his  little  body.  He  needed  it,  for  when  his  damp  flesh  exposed  itself  to  the  foreign  environment,  he  screamed.

 

Screamed  for  the  shock  it  caused  him  as  he  was  unprepared.  Cried  due  to  his  inability  to  express  the  strange  discomfort  tangled  with  the  giddiness  of  invigorating  feeling.  Bawled  more  as  a  test,  just  to  see  what  that  would  feel  like.  Wailed  to  initiate  his  existence  on  this  planet.

 

Although  he  just  got  here,  he  liked  it  very  much.  If  the  adults  in  the  room  could  hear  his  subconscious,  they  would  only  be  able  to  make  out,  ‘complete  eunoia.’


Now,  he  lays  alert  in  his  plastic  cradle,  waiting  for  his  companion  to  reach  him.  But  as  much  as  she  wants  to  rush  beside  him,  she  lets  the  Wind  leisurely  trail  her  scattered  constellations  along,  allowing  the  time  to  kiss  a  ‘thank  you’  on  each  individual  sleeper  before  she  entirely  materializes.