Prologue

Let's remember. {Hiatus}

Skipping  atop  the  flimsy  film  of  gold  specs.  So  beautiful,  the  only  thing  to  separate  my  loose  soul  from  that  Earth  below  is  a  sheet  of  Stars,  the  glowing  kindness  I  can  feel  flow  through  the  soles  of  my  feet.

 

"They're  playful  this  night,  I  think  they're  just  as  excited  as  we  are."

 

Instead  of  replying,  I  spend  those  moments  twisting  my  toes  deeper  into  the  glitter,  tilting  my  head  back  and  swaying  in  the  love  the  smoke  of  my  skin  sings  with  every  movement.

 

That  is  what  we  are.  Humanoid  outlines  of  smoke  against  the  great  mass  of  mass-less  cosmos.  Purply-indigo  swirling  swirling  round  white  balls  of  blazing  light,  and  yet  this  river  of  gold  tinsel  I  wade  in  is  so  gentle.

 

This  stream  of  Stars  so  becoming  of  me.  They  don't  have  physical  Stars  on  Earth,  but  there  is  no  contrast  up  here.  Where  shall  the  fun  be  found  if  the  fun  I  fancy  lies  in  the  incognito  of  fun?  The  search  for  the  fun  is  the  fun  part.  Oh,  it  is  so  beautiful.

 

Hands  wrap  my  waist  and  words  say,  "Sing  to  me,  Arias."  And  so  I  sing,  and  so  we  sway,  and  then  we  laugh.  Laughing  as  we  tumble  towards  warm  glow,  crying  as  we  lay. 

  "We'll  live  on Earth  soon,  Kaimbre."

     "Earth."

        "Yes."

           "So  many  feelings  in  one  word.  So  many  attachments."

               "Doesn't  it  sound  like  great  fun?  Many  contradictions  in  only  one  race,  and  they've  seemed  to  have  forgotten  everything.  They  are  an  interesting  bunch,"  I  sigh.  Some  moments  of  silence.

 

"Ari?"

   "Yes,  Kai?"

      "I'm  ready.  Would  you  care  to  join  me  on  Earth?"

More  moments  of  silence. 

            "Let's  live  new."

A smile forms on the ghost of a face.

               "Yes,  let's.  Don't  forget  to  remember  me."

                  "Your  smile  is  stitched  into  my  being.  Even  if  I  do,  I  won't."

 

With  that,  we  parted  the  field  of  Stars  with  the  pads  of  our  fingers  and  dove  into  the  atmosphere  that  was  to  birth  us.