Treasure - TH

A Song For You

Song: Treasure By Bruno Mars

Pairing: Taohun

Word Count: ~1200

Suggested By: inspirithuman

---

I love it when you smile.

Sehun sighed as he pulled the newest note out of his locker.  It was the fourth one that week and it was only Tuesday. 

“You got another one?”  Jongin asked as he peered over his shoulder, alerted by Sehun’s sigh.

Sehun nodded as he turned the note over, looking to see if this one, finally, would have a name on it.  It didn’t, just like all the other notes for the past three weeks hadn’t.  Really, Sehun wondered why he bothered checking at all anymore.

“Who do you think it is?”  Jongin asked as Sehun threw the note back in his locker and shut it with a slam.

 “No clue.”  Sehun answered, which wasn’t the truth, but well, Sehun was not really interested in debating the possibilities with Jongin.

“Ah, c’mon you must have some idea,” Jongin persisted as they turned into their classroom.

“I have no idea.”  Sehun reiterated as they reached their seats.

Jongin let a huff past his lips.  “Well, do you want to find out?”

Sehun gave a noncommittal shrug.  “Not really.” 

Another lie, because Sehun did want to know for sure if his hunch was right, but Jongin didn’t know that, and as he continued to talk away, Sehun’s mind began to drift over the past few weeks. 

At first, it had creeped him out to be honest.  The person who kept putting notes in his locker knew his schedule way too well, wishing him luck on dance performances and tests, telling him to look after himself when he got even the slightest cold.  Heck, one had even told him to remember to brush his teeth the morning after the day he had forgotten.  It was, needless to say, a little extreme.

However, because it was so extreme, well, Sehun had quickly realized that there were only so many people that would have known him well enough to have been able to write them all.

In fact, Sehun could only think of two, and one of them was the guy sitting behind him still wondering aloud who Sehun’s admirer was, so unless Jongin was the most brazen liar ever, which Sehun was very certain he was not, that left but one other person and that was—

“Tao, do you know who Sehun’s admirer is?”  Jongin asked to Tao, who had just slid into his desk beside the pair.

Tao jumped for a second before shaking his head.  “No, why would I?”

Jongin shrugged.  “I don’t know.  You’re at least more in tune with the gossip than this guy.”  He said with a nod in Sehun’s direction.

Tao’s eyes flashed to Sehun for a moment before he was shaking his head.  “I haven’t really heard anything.”  He said simply.

“Really,” Jongin asked, “nothing?”

Tao sighed, eyes drifting back to Sehun again, who was feigning disinterest, but was actually keenly interested in hearing exactly what Tao was going to say next.  Tao refocused on Jongin with a shrug.  “Secret admirers tend to keep their secrets.  I did hear some rumors about a guy being seen around your lockers earlier, but beyond that,” Tao shrugged, “nothing much.”

“A guy?”  Jongin asked with a blink.

Tao nodded.  “That’s what I heard,” he repeated, eyes drifting back towards Sehun to gauge his response as Jongin turned to him.

“Wow, what would you do if it was a dude?  That’d be weird, right?”

Sehun let his eyes rest on Tao on he answered Jongin’s question.  “What’d be weird about it?”

Jongin let out a surprised laugh, “Well, obviously, because it’s a guy.”

“Is there a problem with a guy liking me?”  Sehun asked, a slight edge to his voice as he looked towards Jongin while Tao’s shoulders dropped.

Jongin held up his hands in front of himself.  “Nothing.  Woah.  I just didn’t know you were into that kind of thing.  You know my sister goes both ways, so it’s cool.”

Sehun nodded, satisfied.  “Exactly.”  He said as he turned back to the front, redirecting his attention to their teacher that was starting to run through the morning announcements, effectively ending their conversation.

---

What does exactly mean?

Sehun stared at the note that had appeared in his locker over lunch in surprise. 

Tao had never been so direct before.  Sehun flipped it over.  Nope, still no name.  He turned it back around and studied the question.  Letting out a sigh, he reached back into his locker and pulled out a pencil, scrawling out a response neatly underneath the words.

Meet me on the roof after class.

He slipped it into Tao’s locker before walking away.

---

Sehun wouldn’t see Tao again before the end of the day.  He figured that was a good thing.  It gave him enough time to collect his thoughts and perfect what he’d been working on since last week when he’d finally thought he had things figured out.

Sure, he’d been more than a little surprised at first when deductive reasoning had led him to the conclusion that it had to be Tao leaving him notes that ran the gamut from romantic to creepy every day, but well, after the initial shock had worn off, Sehun was left with a very good friend, a big stack of notes, and an even bigger decision.

It was a decision that it took Sehun a while to find an answer to, and even once he did, Sehun had no way how to let Tao know, not when Tao kept only leaving unmarked notes in his locker, but today, today Tao had finally left a note that was basically a declaration.  If Tao didn’t want to own up to it today, Sehun would give up, and throw his carefully constructed response off the roof, so really, it’d be best for everyone on the street below if Tao showed up, lest they get hit by a meticulously arranged album that housed side by side in little card slots each of Tao’s notes and each of Sehun’s responses.

Good luck on your math test.

           You need more luck than me.

Don’t forget to brush your teeth in the morning.

          Don’t forget to wash your hair then.

You should laugh more.

          Make me.

You are my treasure.

          You are an idiot.

…Okay, so Sehun would be the first to admit that he wasn’t very good at this, but he was trying. Tao was just so unbelievably cheesy, and Sehun was just hoping that, at the very least, Tao would appreciate the effort because there was no way Sehun was going to manage to write down half the mushy stuff Tao had written down, but at least, if he responded to all of it, that meant he had read it, right?

Sehun sighed and slipped the last new note from that morning into the book. 

I love it when you smile.

Sehun sighed again as he picked up a notecard and scrawled out a response, forcing himself, like he had a couple other times in the book, to write something equally embarrassing.  In fact, as far as he was concerned, this was the most embarrassing card of them all.

Do you want to go out with me?

He slid the card in before he could think better of it and tear it to shreds and slammed the note book shut. 

Now it just came down to Tao…

(Who said yes, while crying, of course.)

---

Want to join my cheesy fondue party?