Hold Me Tight - LH

A Song For You

Song: Hold Me Tight by Loco ft. Crush

Pairing: Layhan

Word Count: ~800

Suggested By: Bumkis

---

How long had it been since they’d both been home at the same time?  Luhan wasn’t really sure anymore, but between his traveling schedule for soccer, and Lay’s for dance, they spent a lot of time missing each other.  Of one of them leaving to go out of town the morning the other was due to be back in the afternoon.  It was scary really, how normal that had become the past few months, and yet, as he walked into the house late at night, there was Lay, lying on the couch.

He was asleep, but it was clear he had been waiting for Luhan to get home.  Luhan walked up to him and gently brushed the hair on his forehead to the side.  It was black again.  How long had it been black?  The last time Luhan really remembered seeing it, it had been blonde, and far too short for him to brush aside.

His fingers moved to run down his face, tracing over bags that weren’t usually there.  That meant Lay had been working late again.  Probably on new choreography.  He always stayed up late when he was doing that, losing track of the hours.

It used to have been Luhan that had been the one sleeping on the couch, back when he wasn’t yet on a team that actually paid him to play soccer, and had him traveling all over the country to play it.  Back when Lay wasn’t getting calls to help choreograph concerts for pop stars and hip-hop artists.  Back when things were simple, and Luhan knew the color of Lay’s hair, and when a few more lines had appeared on his face.

He sighed and gently the top of Lay’s head.  It really had been far too long.

The pressure of his hand on his head finally woke Lay up.  He blinked sleepily a few times before his eyes widened. 

Luhan smiled down at him.  “Hey,” he whispered softly.  He pulled away his hand as Lay sat up.

“Hey,” he said smiling back, “Welcome home.”  He opened his arms as he said the words.

Luhan sighed as he moved into them, inhaling deeply as Lay’s arms wrapped around him, holding onto him tightly as he did the same.  Luhan turned his head to the side to speak into his ear.  “I’m sorry it took me so long to get here.”

Lay laughed gently as he moved so he could see Luhan’s face.  “But you got here, didn’t you?”  He asked as he tapped his forehead to Luhan’s own.

“Yeah,” Luhan breathed out, breathe ghosting over Lay’s face.

“Then that’s all that matters.”  Lay said softly as he leaned in to kiss his lips.  It was slow and unhurried, and it felt so right, like finally finding the piece that made a puzzle complete.

Lay pulled back slowly to let his own breath ghost over Luhan’s face as he sighed.

“It’s been too long since we’ve done that.”  Luhan whispered quietly.

Lay nodded.  “Yeah, it has.”

“We’ve got to get better a matching up our schedules.”  Luhan said.

Lay nodded in agreement.  “We do, but it’ll be better in the off season.  We just have to learn to balance it out.”

Luhan sighed.  That still felt very far away.  “I’m sorry.”  He said quietly.

Lay laughed gently again.  “It’s not like you’re the only one who’s been busy.  We both have to work on this one.”

Luhan nodded.  “I supposed that’s right… do you want to go to bed?”

Lay smiled at him.  “And just sleep?”

“Yes,” Luhan said as he got up from the couch and held out his hand. 

“Seriously?” Lay asked as he took it and stood up, trailing after Luhan as he pulled him through their apartment.

“Yeah,” Luhan said as he pulled open the door to the bedroom and stepped inside, pulling Lay in with him before he made his way to the bed, their bed, and released his hand to crawl on top of it and under covers that felt more unfamiliar than they should. 

“You haven’t been sleeping again.”  He finished explaining simply as he flipped away the edge of the blankets from his side, inviting Lay to join him.  “And I’ll still be here tomorrow when you open your eyes after you have.”

Lay shook his head, another dimpled smile on his face as he slipped onto the bed and wrapped his arms around Luhan’s waist as he closed his eyes, holding him tight again.  “You better be.”  He whispered into Luhan’s shirt.

Luhan’s arms moved to surround Lay as well, pulling him closer.  “I promise.”  He whispered into the dark.

Lay nodded into him, already drifting off to sleep, trusting Luhan’s words completely.

Luhan held on a little tighter and followed after him into the night.

---

Tadaa?