Lucky - XH

A Song For You

Song: Lucky By Exo-M

Pairing: Xiuhan

Word Count: ~2700

Requested By: Mi-ssingkoala

---

Minseok POV

I was awakened by the sound of an alarm and a laugh.

“Why?”  I groaned as I rolled over onto my side and pulled the blanket over my head.  It was way too early.

Luhan laughed again as he pulled at my blanket.  “Come on, you promised.”

I sighed as I heard the words.  Yeah, I had promised, but I had been more than a little distracted when Luhan had asked me if I would go watch the sunrise in the morning. 

I mean, there really should be a rule about asking questions like that during the middle of a make out session.  Like seriously, I’m not going to say no in the middle of that.

I had hoped that Luhan would forget, but I should have known the likelihood of that was practically zero.  Whenever Luhan sets his mind to do something, it’s going to happen, one way or another.

Still that didn’t mean I had to get up willingly.

I pulled the blanket tighter around me as I balled myself up tighter, refusing to get out of bed.

Luhan laughed again before he released the edge of the blanket and climbed onto the bed.  Based on the way things shifted around as he did so, I could pretty much tell he was hovering over me, which was confirmed when he lowered his head down to whisper into what I guess he thought was my ear but was more like the side of my face.  “Come one.  It’ll be fun, and I promise I’ll make it worth your while.”

I pulled down the blanket enough that I could see his face.  “And what would that entail?”

Luhan smirked from where he was positioned above me.  “You’ll have to get up to find out.”  He responded.

I sighed as I rolled back on to my back beneath him, letting the blanket fall away from my face completely.  “Or we could just stay here.”

Luhan laughed, leaning down to peck my lips lightly before climbing off me.  “Later, right now, we have a sun to catch.”

I sat up with a shake of my head and rotated my legs to touch down onto the floor.  “You are crazy.  You know that, right?”

Luhan just smiled down at me.  “As if you’d have it any other way.”

I sighed as a stood up.  He was right.  I liked that Luhan could at times make me do things I’d never do by myself.  It was good for me, the way he could pull me out of my shell and make me try new things, but still, sometimes, like when he was waking me up before the crack of dawn, it was hard to remember that.

I yawned and made my way over to dig through my suitcase for something suitable to wear as Luhan disappeared into the bathroom to brush his teeth, satisfied, based on my rummaging through my suitcase, that I was not going to try to crawl back into bed. 

After pulling on a t-shirt and a light jacket, I joined him, bumping him over with my hip so that I could get to the sink.  Luhan’s immediate reaction to that was to bump me back before I could even get my toothbrush under the water.  I laughed and bumped him back again, this time making sure to hop over the few inches I made him move so that I could get to the water I needed. 

“Hey,” he complained with a laugh as he stepped back towards me, pushing up against my side.  I just smiled into the mirror and started brushing my teeth.

Luhan sighed and switched the hand he had on his toothbrush so that he could raise his right hand to loop around my back, slipping it up and underneath my shirt as he fingers began to trace over my hip in the barest of touches that he knew would drive me crazy, if the smirk on his lips was any indication.

I lasted about 5 seconds before I was stepping over to slip away from his hand, granting him renewed access to the sink.  Luhan trailed his hand across my entire back as he leaned down to rinse out his mouth.  My skin was still tingling from the contact when he rose up and left the bathroom.

---

When I emerged from the bathroom, Luhan was waiting for me at the door, my tennis shoes in his hands.  I stared for a couple seconds in confusion before I let out a groan.  “You can’t be serious.”

Luhan laughed again as held out my shoes.  “Come on.  It’ll be good for us.”

I groaned as I took my shoes from his grasp.  “It’s barely six in the morning, and now, not only are you dragging me to the beach to watch the sunrise, but you want me to run?”

Luhan just smiled, noting that I had already sat down and pulled out the pair of socks he had shoved in one shoe in order to put them on.  “Running on sand is good for you.”  He offered as he knelt down and started to untie the laces on one of my shoes, handing it over to me when he was done so I could pull it on.

I took the shoe and slipped it on my foot, working on retying the laces as Luhan prepared the other.  “Last I checked, running on sand just .”  I complained as I finished off the first bow and took the second shoe.

Luhan ducked down and darted his head between my face and my hands, laying a quick kiss upon my lips.  “Yeah, but we’ll be doing it together, so it won’t nearly that much.”

I shook my head as Luhan pulled back and rose from the floor, offering me a hand when I finished tying off my second shoe.  I took it and let him pull me up, forcing him to do most of the pulling so that he ended up off balance and stumbled back into the wall with me landing against him.

“You did that on purpose,” Luhan complained with a laugh as I rested my head against his chest, enjoying the feel of it.

I leaned up and kissed the side of his face, “Yup, consider it payback for the torture you are about to put me through.” 

“It won’t be torture.” Luhan said with a laugh as I pulled back so that he could get off the wall, taking my hand the instant he had managed it.

“I’ll be the judge of that.”  I responded, squeezing his hand lightly as we opened our hotel room door and headed out to the beach.

---

We walked hand in hand to the beach, and along the way my suspicion that I’d been woken up even earlier than necessary was confirmed as Luhan admitted that the sun wasn’t supposed to rise for at least another half hour.

“So, you woke me up this early to run beforehand?”  I asked as our feet finally touched down on the sand.

Luhan nodded as we stopped part of the way down the beach.  “You’re not mad are you?”  He asked, glancing over at me.

I wasn’t mad.  It was so typically him, and besides, I had wanted to run on the beach together too.  I had just envisioned it being a bit later in the day since we were on vacation.  Therefore, I just dropped his hand with a laugh as I turned to look down the still darkened coastline.  “Of course not, you’re just going to have to keep up.”

I took of down the beach, careful to not lose my footing on the loose sand.  I could hear Luhan laughing from behind me as he ran after me, trying to catch up.

It didn’t take him long.  Sprinting on sand isn’t’ exactly an easy feat, and besides, the point was to jog for a while, not sprint for a few seconds, so I slowed up after a short while.  Luhan easily fell into step beside me, keeping pace as we made our way down the beach.  Every so often, he’d tap my shoulder and point at something back along the backside of the beach, a tree, a seagull, or a particularly large sand dune, whatever caught his fancy, and then he’d just smile his usual dazzling smile that I’d have to look away from.  Otherwise, I’d probably trip like I had when we’d first met.

I’d been jogging along the river that day when Luhan had jogged past in the opposite direction.  I was caught off guard.  I’d been jogging that path at that time for two years, and I’d never seen him before.  I was even more caught off guard when, all off a sudden, he reappeared beside me, tapping my shoulder, and when I turned to my left to look at him and found myself greeted with a wide smile, I had promptly stumbled forwards in surprise. 

Thankfully, Luhan has pretty quick reflexes and his two hands darted out to keep my face from having an unfortunate meeting with the ground, but there were still a lot of awkward apologies as Luhan tried to make up for nearly causing me to fall flat on my face, and I tried to let him know that it was my fault because it wasn’t like he was to blame for the fact that he looked unreasonably good while jogging alongside a river.  Seriously, the sun seemed to bounce of his skin and make it shimmer.  It was completely unfair for him to look that good when I knew I most definitely looked like I’d been running for two miles.  (Because I had been, of course.)

Luhan however, didn’t seem to notice.  Instead he proceeded to explain that he had turned around to ask me some things about the path because he was new and not very familiar with it.  I was happy to offer my advice, and pretty soon, even though we never exactly agreed on it per say, we were jogging to together every morning, which led to shared morning breakfasts, and then shared likes and dislikes, which we discovered were numerous, and also gave rise to our first date, not that either of us called it that.

No, it was just Luhan and I agreeing to go to a movie together when we both realized we liked the same ones, but then, somewhere in the middle of the film, our hands ended up on top of each other and my head ended up on his shoulder, and even though neither of us said anything, I think we both knew then exactly what was going on.

We kissed for the first time the next morning somewhere among the trees when we had stopped to catch our breath.

It’s been almost a year since then.  Sometimes I have a hard time believing that it’s only been that long.  It often feels to me like we’ve known each other forever, not just a year.  Whenever I say that aloud, Luhan nods in agreement.  It’s one more thing we feel the same about.

I’m pulled out of my daydreams by the sound of my name.  “Minseok!”

I stopped jogging, confused as I looked back behind myself to see Luhan calling me over.  “What?”  I asked as I made my way back to him.

“Let’s stop here.”  Luhan said between breaths, pointing to the pier that, in my musings, I had run past without even a second glance.

I nodded as my eyes fell upon the several benches that lined the structure.  It seemed as good a place to stop as any.  “Where do you want to sit?”  I asked as I tried to see how far the benches went.

“All the way at the end.” 

I nodded with a laugh.  I already should have known that’d be the answer.

“First one there has to come back and buy the water?”  I asked with another nod toward the vending machine right at the entrance.

“And how do you know I have money?”  Luhan asked with a laugh.

“You do, don’t you?”  I asked, looking over at him with a smile. 

He nodded as he pulled out a few bills from his pocket.  “Of course.” 

I nodded.  I had known he would because there was no way this pier being here was a lucky coincidence.  Luhan didn’t like to rely on luck anymore, not when he felt like he had already used his entire lifetime allotment on getting to meet me.

I tend to agree with that sentiment.  The odds of his work transferring him, of him passing me by on the path that morning, and of us ever talking more than that single time are all so low that our lives have to be flat out of lucky coincidences, but I don’t really mind.  I don’t think I’ll be in need of many more so long as I am with him.

I won our footrace to the end of the pier, although I’m pretty sure Luhan let me win, but he wouldn’t let me complain about that.  He was already disappearing down the wooden planks to fetch the water we both wanted. 

I settled down on the bench at the edge of the pier, looking out over the ocean.  The sky was lightening rapidly now.  The sun would most definitely be out soon, and it looked like it would be beautiful, just like Luhan had said it would be last night when he had asked to go see it.  (At least, I’m pretty sure he said that somewhere in the middle of all the kissing.)

Luhan announced his return by pressing the cool bottle of water against the back of my neck, causing me to jump before I leaned into it.  I hadn’t realized how warm my body had gotten until he had done that.  It felt quite nice actually.

Luhan seemed to notice and kept the bottle against my neck as he began to circle around the edge of the bench, giving me enough time to raise a hand to keep it in place as he sat down beside me.

“I take it that feels good?”  He said with a laugh. 

“Great.  Want to try it?”  I asked as I pulled the bottle away from the back of my neck and pressed it against his. 

Luhan jumped in a movement mirroring my own before he relaxed against it.  “You’re right, that does feel nice.  I didn’t realize I was that hot.”

“I did.”  I said with a laugh.

“Thanks.”  Luhan said with a light snort as he unscrewed the cap on his water and took a sip.  I pulled mine away from his neck and did the same.

“No problem,” I said wiping a bit of water from my lips as I pulled the bottle away.  “How long do we have left?”  I asked, gesturing towards the water, above which the sky had lightened even more.

Luhan glanced down at his watch.  “Any minute now.”  He said, glancing back up from his watch to look out over the water as well. 

I sighed and moved to rest my head on his shoulder as we waited. 

Luhan didn’t complain, even though he probably should have considering we were both plenty sweaty and literally hot enough for the contact to not necessarily be pleasant, but he didn’t.  Instead, his free hand just moved to rest on my thigh as we wordlessly waited for the sun to rise.

It probably wasn’t but a minute or so later when that finally happened, the sun appearing over the waves and sending beams of light streaking across the water towards the coastline.  Luhan’s fingers gripped into my thigh as he took in the sight. 

I didn’t mind.

Instead, after I watched the sun for a couple more moments, I pulled back to study his face.  It was stunning, each tiny ray of sunlight illuminating his face as he took in the sight with an expression that was a mix of wonder and joy.

I don’t know how long I watched that sight before he turned to look at me.  “You’re supposed to be watching the sun.”  He said with another dazzling smile.

I smiled back as I leaned in.  “I am.”

Any criticism he had for that comment was swallowed up as I pressed his lips against mine.

---

Welcome to the land of really sappy, fluffy, cuteness

Population = me

<3