Sequel

Do you hear me?

Not an angel


 

A mysterious noise sound swept through the upstairs hall send me into a cold sweat. I quickly snatch the remote control that laid on the coffee table and reduce the volume on the television. I don't know why I react like this but after watch the news about L, I become panic. Even though, tonight is peace, light and solitude, doesn't mean strange thing can't happen towards me.

 

"It's nothing, right? Maybe I forget to close the window and some stray cats jump into my room." I try to calm down as I convince myself that nothing bad will happen.

 

But, when I thought about L, I felt pity which I hate because it seemed cowardly to me. I try to put him out of my mind, but in spite of myself, his face surged up in my memory. Why did I feel this way? I sigh as I lay on the couch, totally forgot about the strange noise upstairs. The television is still on and the news about the missing prisoner, Kim Myungsoo is still going on.

I ignore the news as I play with my phone. I can't let my mind empty, wander around and think about L or something bad will happen to me. Just the thought of it make me feel more and even more insecure. I tightened the grip on my phone while close my eyes.

 

"He will not come here, right?" I ask myself as I keep my sight on the stairs, where the noise sound came from.

 

No, I can't let my guard down. I need to think in positive way and be cautious about everything. As I drown in my own thought, my eyelid become heavy and unconsciously, I feel asleep on the couch without switch off the light and the television. The sound from the television comfort me a little since I don't feel alone by myself and I can sleep with peace.

"Too late, my darling..."

 

After watch the sleeping Dayoon on the couch, a long curve spread on L's face as he step out from his hideout. Slowly, he walks downstairs and scan the whole living room while hum to the random song. His smile never fade from his face as he approaches Dayoon who's sleeping so soundly with her phone in her grip. With a happy heart, L bend down to takes a good look on Dayoon's face. He stares onto her face with a longing eyes and push a few stray hairs from her face.

 

"Time passed and it's been several month since I've seen you. You are still beautiful as always. I wonder if you miss me?" L whispers slowly as he gently caress her cheek. All he can do is calling her name in front of her. His head gets fuzzy, his heart is confused. He doesn't know what he'll do either.

 

But for L, it's like a miracle. To touch and stare at his one and only girl bring him a peace that he carved on the past 2 months. And for him, without her around really drives him crazy. L rest his elbow beside Dayoon and rest his chin on his palm. He enjoys watch his muse sleeps and cherish every moment both of them share even though he's the only one who feels like that.

 

"You know what, it's hard to stay in the prison. And I already killed 5 or 6 police that try to send me there. So, you better appreciate my love for you." L laughs as he recall the way he killed the police that force him to stay in the jail.

"If I can't have you, no one else will have you too. Because you are mine. Only mine. It's already wrote on our fate that you are mine." L talks alone as he protectively stares at Dayoon, try to protect what is his.

 

His eyes land on her lips and gently, he raise his hand and stop right in front of Dayoon's lips. Smiling alone, he touch her lips with his thumb and there was a soft and steady hum escapes from his mouth.  Dayoon stirs in her sleep when L keeps brush her lips with his thumb.

Fortunately, she didn't wake up or else, she will be really shocked to see him and L's surprise party will be such a waste.

 

"My girl must be uncomfortable to sleep on the couch. It's okay, oppa will handle it." Talking to himself, he lightly lift Dayoon up bridal style and set his steps toward her room.

 

He climbs the stairs as careful as he could so Dayoon would not awake. After reach the final stairs, L stroll to one room with some cute sticker on the door and kick open the door softly. He went straight to the bed and about to put Dayoon down but stop when she snuggle into his warm embrace.

 

"Did you miss me that bad?" He speaks in a whisper and a smirk form on his face.

 

After wait for a few minutes, L places Dayoon on the bed and brush her bang off from covering her beautiful face. He spread the blanket and pull the blanket on Dayoon. Then, he bends his back down and slowly, he places his lips on her. It's just a quick peck on her lips but it's enough to bring happiness for him.

 

"Sweet dream, my muse."

A large window allowed a shaft of sunlight in and straight into my face. I blink for a while before fully awake and rub my half-asleep eyes. It's so cozy to sleep on the bed and wake up to the sound of birds singing in the early morning. What a best way to welcome me to start my day. I sit on the bed and stare blankly on the wall in front of me.

 

"Shouldn't I sleep on the living room?" I ask myself when the image of me felt asleep on the couch yesterday play on my mind. Perhaps, I awake at 1 or 2 in the morning and walk myself to the room.

 

I nod to myself since that is what I thought. I never know that my prediction is wrong, uh, I mean always wrong. But be the clueless me, I never realized about it. I keep comforting myself, tell that 'everything is going to be okay' when nothing is going as on my way.

The room is so quiet until I can heard a clock ticking. I jump off from my bed and do my daily routine before going downstairs.

As I done with all my routine, I walk downstairs and noticed that the television is still on and the light as well. See, nothing happen. I just walk in my sleep to find a better place to sleep. I smile happily and skip to the lamp switch to turn off the light. For the television, I let it open since the sound from the television can accompany me.

I look on the balcony to see the whole town. Today is such a beautiful day with some clouds parted and revealed the light blue sky with an airplane fly across the wide sky. I decide to stroll around the park and enjoy the morning sun light.

As I prepare to go out, I see something weird in front of my door. It's a gift. Not some usual gift, but a really familiar gift that make my eyes widen and my heart beat in painful way. It can't be, right? He's not here.

 

"Boo! Surprise." I hear someone whisper behind me and I can feel his hot breath on my neck. Somehow, it's give me a goosebump just to hear his husky voice.

 

I'm about to turn to my back but stop when a pair of arm sneak on my waist. My heart just can't stop from beating loudly until I feel like whoever behind me can hear my hear beat.

 

"I can smell your fear." He adds and chuckle lightly as if he really hears my heart beat.

"Please, leave me alone." I said as my throat feel itchy from nervousness. I don't want to experience the same and terrible thing twice. It's enough for the first time. I ask him where does he come from and he said it's a secret.

 

Because, I don't know who else will help me. If 2 months ago, Junhoe help me, it's just totally a coincidence. He just happen to saw me run like crazy with a crazy man chase after me. But now, it's just me and him. No one will know and there's no Junhoe to save me again.

 

"I thought you miss me. The way you snuggled into my chest yesterday is so cute. You make me even more crazy to have you by myself. So, practically, it's not my fault." He tightened the hug and snuggles his face into the crook of my neck.

 

Actually, I don't let anyone touch the back of my neck because I get ticklish easily at that spot. But when L snuggles into the back of my neck, I feel so scared until I forgot how to feel ticklish. I just froze on my spot since he didn't release the hug from the back.

I also don't have much energy to fight him back because the thought of being kidnapped again, make me feel sick.

 

"That's your gift. You forgot to take it on your birthday." He release the hug and walk pass me to take the gift. As the gift is on his grasp, he smile at me and pass me the gift.

"If you don't want to take the gift, I can't promise something good will happen to you." He threaten with smile on his face while hand me the gift.

 

I gulp hardly as I stare at his smiley yet serious face. He's joking, right? If he really love me, he wouldn't dare to do anything that harm to me. But..

Slowly, I stretch out my hand and receive the gift even though I don't want to take it. Of course he's serious with his words. He's crazy. How can I expect kindness from him. And to my knowing, he is a bit different from 2 months ago. He forces me and threaten me. Before this, I can't really remember his action. Maybe it's the same too. I just don't realized it.

 

"That's my girl. Take without hesitates." He smile with sincere on his face and bend down to my height to give me a quick peck on the corner of my lips.

 

His action somehow make me melt but even still I'm scared of him. I clutch the gift in my grip and he observes my reaction with smirk plastered on his face.

 

"Didn't I told you to not clutch anything if you're nervous? Just tell me." His voice is soothing yet suffocating for me. I release the grip as he told me before. I don't know why but I feel like obey with his words every time he command me. I still want to live longer.

 

He shortened the gap between us and release my hand from clutch the gift. Then, he takes my hand in him and softly, brush my knuckle with his thumb, I look at him but quickly turn away, look at everywhere except his face.

As I keep look onto his face, I can't help but feel nervous. The bleakness of his gaze unnerved me and my palm break into a cold sweat. He seems to notice the tense between us so he drags me to the living room and make me sit there.

 

"It's okay, baby. Don't be afraid." He caress my cheek gently and show his best smile at me. I startled by his sudden action and shift backward a little. Luckily, he doesn't aware of my behavior.

"Don't you curios about your gift?" His voice makes me even more startled and snap out me from the reality. I gulp my own saliva and look at the gift that wrap in colorful paper.

 

I hesitate whether to open it or not. If I open the gift, isn't it mean that I accept his love? But if I don't open the gift, I don't know what will happen to me. He looks puzzled with my action, since I just froze at my spot. Then, he stare at me with a convince gaze.

Sighing, I decide to open the gift. I unwrapped the paper slowly and he smiles at every movement I take. Finally, after feel like forever unwrap the gift, something welcome on my sight. There's a lot of my picture and I don't even know when did he captured all this photo. My eyes widen and my hand tremble when I see one picture with me and him at the park.

The picture show that I sit on the bench while play with my phone and he sits beside me with his cap on. To my terrified, all this time, he is so close with me that I don't even know his presence. I have a crazy stalker following me around and it's feel so wrong.

 

"You like it? I love that picture so much. You look cute with those floral printed skirt on you." He points to the picture and smile happily as if he recalls all that moment.

"L, stop it. You're crazy. You scared me." I shout at him while close my eyes tight. He's crazy and I can't let him take over my life. I need to end all of this.

"Don't said like that. I know you love me." His stare is so cold when I shout at him but he remain his expressionless face.

"No, you live in other world. Wake up and realized that I don't love you." I stand from the couch and take a few step back. He stand up as well and grin at me evilly.

"If you try to run away from me, I can't guarantee what will happen to you." He hiss and take the picture that contain two of us and keep in his pocket.

"Please, what are you want from me?!!" I yell my lung out in frustration and throw the small pillow toward him. Even though the scared take over me but I try to collect all my courage to keep me brave.

"I want you." With that, he walks toward me and about to hug me but grins widely when he sees me run upstairs.

"You can't run away from me." He smirks.

 

I run with all my might and lock my room door. This can't be. This really need to be stop. I walk back and forth around my room, feeling extremely anxious about what is waiting for me outside my room. Yeah, that psycho. The feeling slowly eat me up and my brain can't thinking any other ways to escape. Should I commit suicide?

 

"What should I do?" I ask myself as I am jittery and shaky and always seem extremely nervous about him.

 

The eerie noise that suddenly filled around my room make me stop thinking and froze for a while. What was that? My eyes set on my room door and to my terror, the knob of the door being turn again and again as if someone try to open the door and it's make a loud noise. What the hell? It's send my whole body to a nervous panic.

Fortunately, I already lock my room when I enter just now. I don't know what will happen to me if I didn't lock it. But then, I heard something more terrible than before. The sound seems like someone insert a key into the hole of my door. Did he has a spare key to my room? How could?

I quickly run to my drawer and open it, revealed a fruit knife. Since I always eat in my room, I decide to keep one of the fruit knife here so it's easy for me to peel whatever thing I want to eat without burden myself to go the kitchen. I pick up the knife and my knuckle turn white as I grip the knife in case it will drop or snatch away.

A minute later, the door being open. With a devilish grin, L drop the spare key into the floor and smile at me.

 

"Don't come near me. I have a knife." I try to threaten him by my weapon but he just ignore me as he takes a few steps toward me.

"You can't hurt me because you love me." He confidently state. I wonder what make he thinks like that. Am I look like easy person?

"No. I can hurt you in real." I take a few step back as he keeps moving forward.

 

He's eyeing every movement I take and in a blink of an eye, he already shortened the distance between us and grab my right wrist that I used to hold the knife. My eyes widen at his quick movement and I let out a squeal but I try my hard to release his grip from me by step hardly on his feet. He feels the pain on his feet as he releases my wrist and bend down to his leg.

I push him aside and try to escape but stop when I feel a sudden grab on my shoulder. Without turning back, I run my heart out but once again, failed because he tries to snatch away the knife from me. I scream loudly and both of us struggle to get the knife. It become chaos since I keep the knife in my grip while L tries to make me drop the knife.

Unconsciously, I close my eyes as I want to avoid the knife from getting into L's hand and at that moment, I don't realized that I stab L with the knife. I open my eyes when I heard L's voice and drop the knife on the floor. L is bleeding too much and I still in a state of shock. I cover my mouth and quickly run downstairs, leave L alone in my room. I get the phone on the coffee table and with a high speed, I called ambulance and police.

 

"He'll be okay, right?" I stare at the stairs while waiting for the ambulance and police to arrived. I can't go upstairs anymore after those tragic incident happen right me.


The ambulance and police now are in my house, investigating the incident and I just sit there, fill with fear. One of the police man approach me and tell me something unexpected. We rush upstairs and I gasped when I see no one in the room, just L's blood and the wide open window with a flying curtain on it.

 

"Did L escaped with his bad condition?" I mumble as my eyes never leave the window.

 

The ambulance leave after I apologize and one of the police man gives some advice to me. He said if I have any information about L, I need to inform the police. Then, they leave. I go back into my house and walk to my room. I need to clean this mess up. I hope L's okay and he will never come back. I kinda feel guilty for stabbing him.

As I take a mop to wipe the floor, I saw something on it. I crouch down to the floor and saw a bloody hand writing on it.

 

I always love you and you are only mine. Do you hear me? - L

Someone POV

 

With all the pain that prick into his body, he runs away after jump from the window. He press his wound on his side body to stop the running blood and jogs slowly into the nearby woods.

 

"This knife will add my memory with you." The corner of his lips lifted up as he keeps the bloody knife in his back pocket.

"I already tell you, you really love me and care for me." With that, he disappear into the woods.