HJ 42

Catching Chimeras

 

 

“You are lying,” Heechul said in disbelief.

“I´m not,” I answered seriously.

I was sprawled on the sofa with my legs on Heechul´s lap. He stopped rubbing my tights when I told him my opinion on the matter of Likya. They were alive, I knew it for certain. What scared me was that they were actually active.

“Wait, wait,” Heechul shook his head and closed his eyes to help himself understand, “how this all relates to your case? Did I miss something?” He asked me in horror.

“That´s what I would also like to know,” I told him and sat up. My legs were still stretched over the detective´s knees but my torso was close to his. Our faces were just inches away, I didn´t feel safe saying my thoughts aloud. I went closer because I didn´t dare to talk louder than in whisper. “When I was going through the secret documents, I found out a list of names. As you know, there are hundreds of chimeras but on the list there were only about fifty. The headline read: LOCALIZE. My name was on the list, hyung.”

“What secret documents are you talking about, Hyukjae?” Heechul also began whispering and didn´t interrupt our intense eye contact.

“That,” I gulped, “I will tell you once I make sure you believe me.”

“Hyukjae,” Heechul closed his eyes. So he doesn´t trust me? If he forces me, I´m not telling! “Was there any time that I didn´t believe you? Aren´t I on your side? Didn´t we promise back during the school festival when Seunggi died?” And when he opened his eyes I knew I could rely on him.

“It´s a long story,” I sighed and flopped backwards on the comfortable sofa. “But in short, I felt like something was off with the institute, so I checked the blueprints and somehow calculated that there was one more spare room. The entrance was from the principal´s room. I kind of tricked him and he unknowingly locked me up in his office. From then on it was easy, I found the door and the secret room full of various documents. I made lots of copies of them, it took me the whole night and this is the stuff I found out.” I told him truthfully everything. I didn´t want to put the headmaster in problems because of me so I decided to keep silent about the secret room. But this was Heechul, I could trust him.

“Hyukjae, you are too dangerous I tell you!” Heechul slapped my legs and I yelped in pain. I knew he didn´t mean it bad but he had to punish me at least symbolically.

“Hyung, I´m sure the principal in the institute knew what I wanted to do and that´s why he gave me the chance to become a detective. He knows it too that Likya has infiltrated the ASC and so he can´t do anything except for supporting me. But it´s not enough, I need you too,” I blabbered.

“Aigoo, my baby,” Heechul mocked my sudden soft side.

“Not funny,” I retorted pouting. Now I must have seemed even funnier and childish.

“Whatever!” The cat-lover sang and grabbed the last pillow that was left on the sofa. He smacked me with it and I began complaining while trying to avoid the hits.

“There! Take this!” I yelled and started kicking him with my feet. But Heechul had an upper hand and pushed my legs over his shoulder as he leaned over me and continued hitting me with the pillow. I was laughing unstoppably by now because I was folded like an envelope. I couldn´t even move apart from flailing my thin arms uselessly.

“Give up!” Heechul commanded between his own fits of laugh.

“Never!” I retorted still unable to counter attack. An answer to my heroic scream was having the pillow plastered to the side of my face as I was squished between the sofa and the detective. My legs were somewhere in the air and I had no idea about my arms. Yet I couldn´t stop laughing.

“Ah! I´m tired!” Heechul announced and put his head on the pillow that was on my head. He lay completely on me and I was forced deeper into the sofa.

“Okay, okay, I give up! I can´t breathe!” I pleaded. But all Heechul did was to slump a little to the left between me and the headrest of the sofa. Once I was released I began falling over the edge but my detective was quick enough to catch me before I had a chance to plaster my face against the floor too. He grabbed me by the waist and pushed me closer to himself. Strangely it didn´t feel bad.

“I´m tired,” Heechul mumbled again against my hair, “but it´s too early to go to sleep. The rated movies haven´t even started yet.” I had to chuckle, this person was always himself.

“Let´s nap until the movie starts then,” I offered. The tall man pressed against my back said nothing, only hummed a little and I guessed he had agreed.

I closed my eyes and relaxed my body. I wasn´t wearing the back protector, only loose shirt, which was pretty refreshing after the long week. I wanted to stretch my wings and so I carefully turned around still in Heechul´s embrace. Who cares if I lie facing him or not? I settled down next to Heechul again and raised my transparent wings. Together with the wings rose my long shirt and slid up, I shivered because of the cold air hitting my .

But to my horror, sleepy Heechul reacted to my shivering without checking my reason for it and blindly reached for my bare skin with his hands. I almost yelped when his warm hands landed on my skin right under the wings. Nobody has ever touched this place, it was under the wings after all! I panicked, to scream, to shove him away? To let it go? It was only Kim Heechul and he didn´t even mean anything by that, he was asleep. My body was boiling with nervousness after the first shock, my heart was racing and my throat was dry. I needed to calm down quickly. I squeezed my eyes tight and my body bent slightly forward. My forehead was now touching Heechul´s chest and my arms were lifelessly laid between our bodies. Our legs were touching here and there and his hands were under my shirt, sometimes soothing my bare skin.

“H-Hyung?” My voice croaked as I couldn´t muster enough courage to speak aloud. I gulped but my dry throat only squeezed my own breath.

I wouldn´t be able to say anything, I understood it quickly. Instead I tried to move out of this compromising position. I shifted a little but the effect was the complete opposite of what I had on my mind. My shirt uncovered even more of my body and I was hit with another small wave of shivers. One more time the protective side of the detective took the lead and Heechul this time dove his arms under my clothes properly. He pushed me against himself and his head slumped on the top of mine. I could feel him breathe through my hair. But what is this? Suddenly it doesn´t feel scary or uncomfortable anymore. This is no good, Hyukjae. Get a grip!

So I thought and then fell asleep like a baby.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! Do you remember? I talked about the secret room in one of the previous chapters, as expected Hyukjae managed to get inside. Also it seems like their relationship is dangerously shifting towards something new. :) Thank you for reading and  commenting! - PandaHero