HC 15

Catching Chimeras

 

 

That stupid Yongwoon doesn´t know his strength. He just smacked my back making me lose my balance and now I´m kneeling between Hyukjae´s legs. The little Fairy is having fun, you think I can´t see that smirk?! So you like it better when it looks as if I was giving you a than as if I was changing your diapers? Well, let´s see how much fun is to be an adult.

“It´s getting late, let´s get out of here,” I announced and Hyukjae´s attention was on me.

When I was sure he was looking at me I raised my arms and grasped his thighs, that weren´t covered by the jacket. Hyukjae gasped and froze in his place. I pretended as if I didn´t notice the intimate position and pulled myself up. For Youngwoon or anyone else it could have seemed that I was using the boy´s legs to help myself stand but Hyukjae knew otherwise. His eyes were wide and cheeks flushed, what an innocent teenager. He was watching me in awe as if he couldn´t comprehend that I dared to touch him. When I was finally up on my legs, I pulled my hands away making sure they would slide over the bare skin. By then Hyukjae´s face was as red as cherry, perfect masterpiece. I smirked and winked at him and that woke him up. He realised I was making fun of him and grumbled something under his nose, a curse I suppose.

“Go and load your bike into the car,” Yongwoon interrupted our little fun and I turned around to catch the keys he threw at me. “I´ll finish bandaging Hyukjae´s knee and bring him to the car too.” I didn´t like taking orders from him but I guess it would be for the best, if I wouldn´t touch those smooth legs again. All the fun aside, those ing legs are no joke. Isn´t he a guy? What guy has legs like that?

“Got it,” I saluted and walked out of the restroom. When outside of the building, I took a deep breath. The air was chilly and a strange tension could be felt. I better rush.

I jogged to my bike and sat on it. I didn´t bother putting on the helmet because I could already spot the familiar black van in the corner of the parking lot. I drove slowly there and turned off the engine, then I unlocked the van and opened the back door. The space inside was almost empty and a wooden slide was laid on the floor. I pulled it out so one side would be touching the concrete of the parking. Carefully I brought my precious motorcycle to the van and secured firmly with the ropes. This should be enough.

Just when I was cleaning the slide, I spotted Hyukjae and Yongwoon. The big guy was walking through the parking with the boy with the plastic bag on his back. Yongwoon is all muscles, and some fat too of course, but his heart is softer than cotton candy. He might speak harshly but when it comes to action, he´s as gentle as possible. Honestly, it makes me cringe. But now that I look at Hyukjae, he seems to be much calmer that Kangin is here. Guess he really doesn´t feel safe with me.

“Okay, you sit in the middle and I´ll drive,” Youngwoon put Hyukjae down and pointed to the car. The blonde nodded and went to the front to open the door of the black van. Our in the meantime helped me close the back door but his main goal was to speak to me in private.

“He´s in much worse shape than I expected, Heechul,” he frowned at me. Is that an accusation? It´s not my fault but Hyukaje´s! It can´t be helped, if he´s clumsy little runaway.

“You´re being dramatic,” I crossed my arms on my chest, “Hyukjae is a natural wimp.” I defended myself.

“Well, thanks,” somebody said and we both turned around to see Hyukjae standing right next to us. Oops. “I came to ask you to help me up. The van is too high and it´s hard to climb there with just one knee,” he said in a monotonous voice but the stare I was given made me gulp loudly. I bet he´s planning another revenge on me, that little unpredictable smart .

“Sorry, Hyukjae,” Yongwoon gave him a smile, “Heechul will help you,” a warning glare at me.

I rolled my eyes and passing our bulky , walked to the front of the van. I opened the front door and waited for Hyukjae to come limping. He looked as if nothing but he´s like that always; you never know what´s going inside that brain of his. I put my hands under his arms to push him up and Hyukaje grasped the car handle to pull himself. But then his palm slipped and he accidentally slapped me.

“Oh, sorry, hyung!” Hyukjae exclaimed and I was about to say it was okay but then I noticed that huge toothy smirk. So it wasn´t an accident, that brat. I couldn´t do anything since Kangin was already sitting on the other side in front of the steering wheel and watching me so I pushed harder and threw Hyukaje inside. Then I climbed after him and closed the door. While fastening the seatbelt my and Hyukjae´s hands met in the same place but he quickly retreated to let me go first. Now you´re being humble, huh? I sighed.

“We lost too much time, we better hurry,” Yongwoon announced and started the loud engine. Soon we were back on the highway but the silence in the car was a bit awkward. Neither I nor Kangin knew what to talk about in Hyukjae´s presence so instead of usual loud chatter we stayed quiet. Hyukjae of course wouldn´t start with the conversation, the boy is naturally introverted. Or not? Now I remember he told me, he used to be much louder in the past. But it´s not like I can turn back time or erase what had happened to him. Maybe I should start talking then.

“Can I open the cookies?” Hyukjae asked all of a sudden gesturing to the bag full of snacks.

“Yeah, and hand me the chips too,” I answered a little too happy. I don´t know what´s gotten into me to be so excited by his simple sentence. I act as if Hyukjae was a broken dead body while it was the strongest teenager, I´ve ever met.

We were half way through the bag of snacks when we finally exited the highway. From the topic about favourite brand of cookies we got to videogames and phone applications and now we were at cartoon characters. It´s my first time talking to Hyukjae about usual stuff and I have to admit that it´s not half bad. He didn´t even find it funny that I liked Anna from Frozen and even suggested to watch the film together later.

“,” Kangin cursed and we stopped chatting to look at him, “we´re being followed.” Well, that´s bad news. I looked into the side mirror and, indeed, a suspicious expensive car was following us.

“Can you shake him off?” I asked Yongwoon who only smirked.

He hit the ground running and the engine roared. The van sped up rapidly and Kangin began dancing on the road, avoiding other cars and trying to get rid of the silver car. But it wasn´t easy since they had much better vehicle than us. Although the police van was tuned to the max, it was still only a van and the foreign car of our pursuer was much better pick.

“Heechul!” Kangin called when it couldn´t be helped anymore. I was still glad Jungsu decided to call Kangin for help to us, it would be incredibly dangerous on the motorbike with just Hyukjae.

“Get it,” I said and unfastened my seatbelt, “Hyukjae, hold my waist!” I ordered the blond that looked completely frightened by the current situation. Can´t blame the boy, though.

I opened the window and reclined outside. I felt Hyukjae grip me tightly and I suddenly felt sorry for him. But now it´s not the time to think about causing him another trauma, I have to act like a policeman for a change. I pulled out the gun I had with me the whole time and Hyukaje gasped. I decided to not look at him and instead pointed at the silver car. I shot free times but although I only hit the metal, the pursuer unexpectedly stepped on the brakes and stopped the car, giving up. Seeing that in the mirror, Kangin took the chance and quickly made a turn. It was so harsh that the cookies went flying and I was glad Hyukjae decided to not let go of me or else I would end up like the chocolate crumbles on the road.

“We´re safe,” Yongwoon said and I returned back to my seat. It must be the same person that burnt the hut, he found us. But something felt kinda strange.

“You know,” I wanted to ask Hyukjae his opinion but paused in the middle of the sentence. He was glaring at me and I´ve never seen him this upset.

“Don´t you dare ever do that again or I´m going to shove you out of the window with my own hands.” What is that supposed to mean? Any idea, anyone?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi! Finally an update. I´m so busy, sorry, guys. T_T Enjoy! Isn´t there too much action? Well, have a nice day and thank you! - PandaHero