1. Chapter

The Line between Friendship and Love
Please log in to read the full chapter
Love is not born on one day. It develops. It forms. It grows.. Love can hurt. And love can be the most beautiful thing on earth.   But how do you know..?   ..When do you love someone?   ...And where is the line between friendship and love?         2013 “Junhong!” Said boy turned his head. His friend Jongup ran up to him. “Are you going to the cafe?” They both continued walking together. “Yeah. Why you asking?”
“No reason.”
Junhong eyed the older. But he didn't think anything of it.   “Can I come with you?” The blue hair showed a slightly amused smile. “Sure.” He knew his hyung, he was going to see at the cafe, wouldn't be against it. He liked Jongup. But how could anybody not like him. Though if it weren't for his most important person, he wouldn't even have met his other best friend that day..       2007 He was playing sick, simply not wanting to go to school. He was getting comfortable in his sheets after convincing his mom, when suddenly he was pulled out of bed by two strong arms accompanied by a familiar voice that told him to get ready. Junhong gave out a whine but the other didn't let him rest. “Come on, Junhong. When did I teach you that skipping school's okay?” Finally the younger opened his eyes to look at his friend.
“It's just one day, come on!” “Not a chance. Now get your clothes on or I'm gonna do it.”
Junhong pouted, though he knew it wouldn't work. Nothing worked on the older. At least most of the time. The boy had some special weapons but he only used them on few occasions since his friend didn't like it if he used them for in his eyes reprehensible reasons. And one was not wanting to go to school. He deemed education as very important. Don't get him wrong, he was a very understanding and reasonable person, however, not when Junhong was simply being a lazy .   “I'm counting.” The younger rolled around the floor before standing up with a sigh. “I'm not a child anymore! Stop with the counting.” He could hear the amusement in his hyung's voice. “As long as you're acting like this, you're definitely a child.” Junhong grumbled while still getting ready.   Of course the boy was late, though as fate willed he met a new student in the halls, looking quite lost. “Do you need help?” The other faced him with obvious relief. “Yes. I'm looking for my classroom. The secretary only gave me the room number but I can't seem to find it.” Junhong laughed.   “Our room number system is a bit messed up. I can show you the way if you want me to.” The older sighed and handed his plan over. “Please do, thanks a lot. My name's Jongup.” They began walking after Junhong had looked at the room number. “I'm Junhong. Are you new?”
“Yes. My family moved here a few days ago.”       2013 The two crossed the road. “So do you know what university you want to apply to?” Junhong put his hands in the pockets of his trousers, not looking at his friend. They had been reminded by their teacher again today. “Not really. We still have so much time to think about it.. I don't know why we have to decide already.”   Jongup nodded. “It's like we suddenly have to grow up, be adults.” The younger didn't answer.       “You should think about a university soon.”
Junhong lay on his bed, not saying anything. The familiar voice of his hyung was only a few meters away. “What's wrong?” The boy faced the other. “Did you know when you were my age?” The older laughed. “No. Everybody told me to finally decide but I just didn't know.”   His hyung walked over to the bed. “It's okay not to know right now. Think about what you wanna do, take your time. It's not good if you decide because others are telling you to.” “Is that how you decided?”
“Kind of, yeah.” He ruffled Junhong's hair. “Don't worry. You're going to be just fine.”       “Hey look.” Junhong turned his head and saw what his friend meant: A construction site where an old playground had once stood. Jongup showed a fond but also sad smile. “It's weird to see a place so full of memories gone..” He gave the younger a slight shove. “You broke your arm back then.”   The blue hair had to grin. “Yeah. And you were about to freak out.” They both laughed. “If it weren't for hyung, I would have.”       2007 “Junhong!” He didn't know why he had thought it was a good idea to go on that monkey bars. They had fooled around and it had ended with Junhong having his arm looking slightly weirdly. The boy sat on the ground, shocked, while Jongup was climbing down with huge eyes. Though before he could reach his younger friend, another boy was already by his side. “You okay?” Junhong nodded, though he was still too shocked to actually notice any pain.   “Show me your arm.” The boy did so. Meanwhile Jongup had reached them and was evidently nervous. “Is he alright? What should we do?”
He went on mumbling, but the older stayed calm. “Junhong, can you move your arm?”
Said boy shook his head. The other carefully put pressure on the skin. “What about this, can you feel it?” Another shake of the head.
Jongup's eyes went even wider. “Oh my god, is it broken?” Their hyung stood up, taking Junhong with him. “Ok, we're going to the hospital. Jongup, take Junhong's bag.” The boy blinked and then nodded, immediately picking up their stuff. Together they drove to the hospital where the youngest got his arm put into a cast. All the while he hadn't shown a single tear, though his hyung had seen right through him.   “Does it hurt?” Junhong shook is head again. The older sighed, looking at him with that gaze the boy knew was a demand of telling the truth. “Maybe a bit..” “It's okay to cry, you know. It has nothing to do with showing weakness or the like. It's being truth to your feelings. Never hesitate to cry if you feel like it.”
The younger looked down.   “..Are you angry?” The other lifted a brow. “Why would I be?”
“Because I wasn't careful.”
Now the older laughed. “Sure I am. I almost had a heart attack.” Junhong faced him surprised. His counterpart smiled at him lovingly.       2013 The two boys entered the little cafe, the bells over the door chiming in a friendly manner. “Junhong, Jongup! Nice to see you again!” They were greeted by the owner, a beautiful woman in her early twenties. She had taken over the cafe from her father a few years ago. “He's in the back, changing. Do you want anything to drink?” They ordered and sat at their usual table.       2008 “I got a job.” Junhong looked at the other. “A job? Where?”
“At a small cafe near my university.” “Cool. When do you start?” “Next week.”

The younger sat upright. “Can I come visit?”
“Sure.” For a moment they both went silent before Junhong opened his mouth again. “Do you think I should get one, too?”
The other grinned. “A job? At your age?”       2013 Jongup's eyes wandered to one of the waiters with black hair who was smiling at a guest while noting their order. Junhong followed his gaze. Seeing the man made him think about the first day he stepped into this cafe, his hyung working in the same black and white clothes.       2008 Junhong looked around the cafe. It was really nice and cozy. There weren't many people in so he didn't take long to find his friend. The older was smiling and seemingly joking with a waitress. They made a lovely pair. For some reason Junhong stopped and simply stared. The next second the other had noticed him and came over with the beautiful girl. “Junhong, this is my boss, Jieun. Jieun, this is Junhong, he's like my little brother.” Jieun smiled warmly at the youngest, though it took him a moment to do the same.       2013 “Did you hear that Jieun-noona has a boyfriend now?” Junhong nodded. “I saw him one time. He seems decent.” “You know I was actually surprised that she and hyung never dated.” The younger stayed quiet.       2008 Every time he was at the cafe he watched the two interact. And after some time, when he was lying on his hyung's couch, he confronted him about it. “Do you like her?”
The other threw him a glance from the food he was cooking. “Who?” “Jieun.”   The older hesitated. “Sure, she's pretty nice.” Junhong turned around and leaned against the back rest. “That's not what I meant.”
His friend sighed. “I don't know. Haven't thought about it.. Why are you asking?”

“Maybe you should try dating her.” The older frowned a bit. “Leaving you on yourself? I don't think so.” That statement made Junhong forget everything about the girl. “I can take care of myself!” His hyung snorted. “Yeah right..”       2013 “I never really liked hyung's girlfriends, though.” Junhong hummed in response while the other continued. “I'm glad he doesn't date those anymore.”       2009 “I have someone I want you to meet.” The older seemed a bit unsure. Junhong was hesitant. “Who?” “A girl. I met her at the cafe. We went out a few times and I like her.” The younger didn't know what to say. But moreover he didn't know what to think about it. What to feel..   The girl was nice. Friendly. She smiled at Junhong. And he did the same. But inwardly he was doing everything but. It was weird. He had suggested the older to get a girlfriend before. Unknowingly he had been glad the other hadn't. Now he was confronted by the new situation. His hyung had another person in his live. Someone who was important to him. Someone he spent a lot of time with.
Please log in to read the full chapter