Chapter 2: The Plan

Popular

I thought it over for about a day. That was all I really needed, since I had nothing better to do. Needless to say, I had trouble falling asleep that night. 

The next morning, everything seemed normal for a minute- but then it hit me: my boyfriend is gay. I groaned and rubbed my eyes with my hands. I was going to have to initiate my 'plan' fairly soon, if I didn't want to let myself change my own mind, so I quickly got out of bed, got myself ready and left the house without a word to my family.

I walked to Jong-dae's house- I figured that that way I would get some time to think. Am I really doing this? I thought. It just seemed to strange, this wasn't like me, I wasn't that type of girl. And I knew how stupid it seemed, wanting to... degayify somebody, but I just felt like I had to! I just couldn't lose my status at the school, I couldn't become someone's gay beard or whatever the term is.

When I finally reached his front-door, I hopped up the steps and knocked. About ten seconds later, the man himself answered. We just stared awkwardly at each other, until he eventually said, "Do you wanna come in or something?" I nodded and stepped into his house. 

We automatically began trudging up the stairs to his room. As I was just about to enter it, he pushed past me, frantically said, "Wait a minute!" and closed the door in my face. I blinked rapidly, surprised, as I heard suspicious rustling sounds coming from beyond the door. A few seconds later, he swung it open and invited me in with a somewhat panicked smile. 

I sat down on his bed (which strangely made a crinkling noise as I did so), and he joined me, his hands intertwined in his lap. I took a deep breath and, taking his face in my hands, turned him to face me. "We're gonna get through this," I said, in what I hoped was a calm voice, "Okay? We're gonna solve this...problem, and then everything will be just as it always was. Understand me?"

He looked dazed for a second, but then he said, "What do you mean? Are you...disgusted by me or something?" He suddenly looked cross and pulled his head away from me, "Because if you are, then I'm sure you'd be just fine without me. I don't need 'fixing' or whatever, you know!"

Hmm. I really should have thought this over. I stood up quickly and grabbed onto his arm. "No, no, it's not like that at all! Jong-dae, how long have you known me? You should know by now that I'm not that kind of person!"

"Then why-"

I grabbed him and kissed him. As hard as I possibly could. It was now or never. I felt him start to kiss me back after a minute, and soon we had our arms wrapped around each other. I urged him with my body back towards his bed, where we continued. I won't go into detail about what we did, but you can probably guess. 

When it was over, I clung onto his body under the sheets, panting. "Woah," was all I could say.

"Are you sure that was okay?" he asked me, also panting, and with his arm around me.

"Mm hm," I answered with my eyes closed, holding onto him like a life-raft. This had to have worked, and if it hadn't, then I didn't know what would.

I tried to put what I had done out of my mind that afternoon, although I struggled. It hadn't been that fun, but it had seemed real all the same. Had I made a mistake? 

Jessica was the only one who seemed to notice that something was different about me that evening. "You alright?" she asked me, eating a bowl of soup on the couch, "You're walking funny."

I just smiled weirdly at her and, making an immense effort to walk more normally, made my way up the stairs to my room.

Little did I know that what I had just done would...well, I won't spoil it for you.