1/?

Time Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was quite a balmy weather in the main, biggest region of the South Nation. The sun rays were remarkably shinier than usual, hundreds of citizens hustling about along the dwindles and crooked rock paved roads of the Huang kingdom. In the upper streets, warm, sugary colognes clung onto practically everyone, expensive jewellery proudly worn and soft silky cloth making up into tens of dresses and suits. They all walked with their heads held up high excluding the children of course who were all either playing tag or just tottering around, eating custom made candy. If one took a close observation to everything in the high class' society, they could see toddlers or young adults being trained to being refined respected people in the community. Behind closed doors, dukes, duchesses, counts and more political forms of ranks were protected by countless inferior guards. A few received a couple of knights, deemed important and crucial to lose by the king himself.

 

Again, Kyungsoo was grateful for not being assigned there. He preferred simplicity and the scent of warm air whenever he did his job. Huang kingdom's downtown was perfect for the silent persona. He was sharpening his pocket knife when he heard small patters nearing him. A young boy, around 10, he estimated bounded over to him, black matted hair bouncing slightly. He was wearing a cute smile but Kyungsoo didn't go unfazed. He didn't have time to go unfazed. Swiftly he placed the gleaming knife in his midnight black jacket's left pocket and handed out a small silver nickel. The boy almost leaped and took the coin, bowing immediately as a form of gratitude.

 

"The pretty woman said she'll be havin' dinner at R-Rued Eart-"

 

"Red Earthen?"

 

"Ah, yes! Rued Earthin'!"

 

The elder ruffled the boy's rough hair and placed another nickel on his small palm. Getting off his feet, Kyungsoo turned his back and began to walk away. He felt an abrupt tug on his jacket and blank eyes stared down at the kid. "Mister, why do you dress funny?" the child asked, brows creased in confusion. Kyungsoo didn't respond and just gently grabbed the boy's hand, asking for release. He continued. "I've never seen this...cloth. Is it the rich? Are you rich, Mister?" His bright large innocent eyes perturbed him a little bit. He wished he could have that look. A kid again.

 

"No," his rich voice seemingly whispered, "I'm just authentic."

 

---

Red Earthen was a huge dining area for the advanced society. The building was the first to stand alone when a duke from the east of the South Nation visited their country and gave unbelievable ideas of a large space where people could gather and actually dine together. By people, they meant the higher class of the population. Purple custom made curtains draped over walls of hard rock with small carved holes for air circulation. Hanging transparent bowls with warm fire inside adorned the ceiling, a friendly yet mysterious ambience covering the vast area. A couple had just finished their luxurious dinner and they left with light smiles on their faces. 

 

"Well, wasn't that a spectacular dinner," the woman complimented fluently, pleased to see a shy smile blooming onto the younger dashing male's face.

 

This was too easy.

 

Nodding his head, they both walked along a street, a way where everyone rarely used since high walls of houses kept the path hidden from light. But since his gorgeous date for the night suggested the road as a shortcut, he couldn't really deny can he? The count was having giddy thoughts when he realised she stopped. Turning around, eyes widening, he spotted something gleaming. "Ha-?"

 

He looked down and at that very moment, he swore he sensed the tip of a knife slowly piercing into his stomach. Blood dripped.

 

0.03 seconds.

 

Kyungsoo swiftly kicked his heels off the pavement and tackled the woman, disarming the knife, linking his arm with hers and pulled her back. The man in front of them stared in shock, darting his eyes from bottom -to check if blood had spilled- and looked into Kyungsoo's eyes, sparks of fear igniting in his own. 

 

"LET GO OF ME YOU BRAT!" she shrieked, scratching her long nails into his cotton covered skin. Kyungsoo winced. Before it happened, he twirled the woman around, pressed his hand against her face and compressed its beautiful head. She screamed, skinny body struggling to escape his deadly grasp but failed. Terror overcame the area. He crushed her harder, feeling the skin unravelling slowly between his fingertips, melting into scorching hot liquid. Ignoring the soft frightened grasps of the count before them, the awed male saw the liquid leaking profusely from his date; not anymore, simmering the rock paved road, hisses exuded from the outcome.

 

With a final burst of energy, the woman flailed her arms and tried to claw Kyungsoo's face. He felt the vibrations of horrible shrieks and screams of torture eliciting from the creature as he punched it with his other fist. The whole area, covering about a 20 feet radius, the ground shook, trees slightly swaying and tiny pieces of debris crumbling. The count also heard the startled squawks of birds and spotted a few flying away. The unknown being screamed, its shrilling voice piercing into the night when Kyungsoo let go of it. It was writhing, like an ant drowning in a puddle, striving to get out before the 'waves' envelops it. Ants couldn't swim. Funny, the creature had every ability to slice Kyungsoo's head into half with the power it still had but very much like the six legged insect; it didn't have a mind and the will to learn how.

 

Stickiness clung to his palm, a perfect example of rotten morning dew.

 

He had to wipe off the goo later.

 

Casually taking out a golden pocket watch, he calmly spoke, voice powerful and steady.

 

"Ratru, section 17, 0345, B2."

 

Kyungsoo watched the lifeless struggles of the sticky beast and leaned down. "Begone," he muttered, placing the pocket watch near it. A ripple flowed through the three standing there, one of them feeling nauseous all of the sudden and dropped on his feet.

 

His date was gone.

 

Closing the pocket watch and keeping it inside again, he walked over to the man who was shivering in fear. "What-what was that? ...What h-happened?" he asked between collection of breaths. "A-and who are you?"

 

The silent male rolled his shoulders back, tireless bones adjusting themselves into places and helped the count to his feet. "Count Mir, ah, you were supposed to not see that. Just...I came in the name of King Huang, assigned to help you." The latter gasped but Kyungsoo hurriedly interjected. "Listen, you are ordered to not tell anyone about tonight. You are instructed to go home right now, lock your doors and you will see two new guards in front of your house. Don't leave your home in, uh, two days. I'm positive that you have sufficient food and clothes to survive for two days. Now, I shall you and no more questions."

 

Count Mir only nodded, gulping as he let an unknown yet trustworthy boy lead him back home.

 

---

"Um, I can never repay you for...whatever happen today but are you completely sure that there's nothing that you want as a reward?" he asked again, fingers laced together, cold perspiration rolling down his light bruised back, the after effects after experiencing a muscle jolting fall on his behind. For the first time a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter