Prologue

Time Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His skin was beginning to sear by the time he reached the charred wooden door. Kyungsoo could feel his worn out pale blue sneakers slowly ripping away from his now heated toes, warm crimson liquid dripping ever so slowly. The hot red stripes were the small used to be cosy house with such ferocity that the male had the actual courage to laugh breathlessly as his fingers curled deeply into the marble floor. Impossible, it was marble. But his mind which was definitely all dizzy and drunken felt that his body could sink into the cold yet burning floor. If I could just reach the steel doorknob, Kyungsoo thought, blood pumping lazily through his veins. The horrifying sound of a broken chandelier crashing into sharp, sharp, shards somehow gave energy to the quarter burned body to actually lift his arm. Too bad, his height had always aggravated him. He felt the house rumbling, crumbling at a snail pace. It became a killing machine. Wallpapers crackling, wood charring, ornaments and furniture were lit up in fire when a small chunk of debris landed on Kyungsoo's legs. Blood splurged from his dry mouth, an awful crunch sound floating into his buzzing ears.

Kyungsoo screamed.

He was dead, he was dead, dead, dead. "T-To hell w-with you," he angrily whispered, drifting off into indefinite darkness. All he could sense before his untimely last memory was the metallic taste of his own blood. And cold.

He felt really cold. 

---

It wasn't really Chen's fault when the little girl's hand turned brownish black. He did warn her. At least, he thought he did.

"Okay, Jongdae. Mind sharing the story again?"

"First of all, and again, it's Chen. Second of all, I wasn't wearing my glove."

The officer sighed and took a deep breath. "Chen, I told you to be more careful a-"

"Are you tired of me?" Chen interrupted, bored eyes boring into the elder's soul. "This is the fifth time, Chen. Fifth time you almost burned or electrocuted someone. Those," he pointed towards the leather gloves, "are supposed to help you."

Chen smirked and tapped his fingers against the steel table. "You didn't answer my question, officer. I'll take that as a yes then." The officer's eyes widened and quickly shook his head. "No, no! I mean-"

He didn't have any chance to answer the question as his body dropped dead on the steel table, left cheek implanted on the cold surface. A sharp metallic scent alerted the policemen behind the mirror when they realised what just happened. There were jagged and spirals of golden blazed electricity floating around the table. Chen stood up, grabbed the black leather gloves and sorted them into his calloused hands. And he waited. Thin lips curling into a smile, he heard the door being opened hurriedly.

"Take him to the asylum! He's ing crazy!" 

---

No

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter