Chapter 2/2

XOXO - The man from the magazine

And then it was friday, Christmas eve already. Usually a day on which you're with the people you love, you eat delicious food, exchange presents, have fun and be happy.

But Joonmyun wasn't happy at all.

Kris answered not even once.

He chatted with Lu Han but the latter doesn't heard a thing from their friend either.

Joonmyun was worried sick.

What if something happened??

He was restless.

His parents asked him what was wrong and the boy couldn't help himself and blurted everything, what Lu Han told him, out.

"Boy, maybe you should drop by his flat. Maybe he's at home", his father said.

"..its christmas, appa.. We should be together", Joonmyun replied quietly.

"But you're sad and moping around the whole time and I'm not going to watch you any longer", Mr Kim said with a stern voice but smiled nevertheless.

"Appa is right, Joonmyun", Ms Kim agreed, "He is probably at home. You should go to him and spend the night with him. And tomorrow you can take him along for lunch with auntie Kangsook and your grandparents, ok?"

The young male looked at his parents who both smiled sincere and full of understanding.

He immediately returned the smile, "Thank you. I love you so much"

"We love you to, Joonmyun-ah", his mom smiled.

"Do you need a ride, son?"

"Ani, thanks appa. I'll take the sub. I want that you two have a nice night", Joon stood up to get his jacket and scarf. When he was dressed properly, he grabbed the gift they prepared for Kris, "When he's not there, I'll try it at EXO's and in the bars he likes to go. I.. I'll come home when I don't find him"

His parents nodded, "Keep us informed, okay?"

"Sure", he smiled, waved good bye and left.

Nobody was outside as Joonmyun made his way to the subway station.

Sure, its christmas eve and family, friends and lovers sit together, inside, where its warm and nice..

He just passed one family who were taking their dogs for a walk. The kids running ahead and throwing snowballs at each other while laughing carefree.

He smiled, bowed politely and wished them merry christmas.

At the subway station wasn't a single person. The outskirts are very different from downtown, but Joonmyun liked it. He needed to wait about 15 minutes til the sub to the town arrives.

And while he waited, the sub from downtown to the outskirts drove in.

Joonmyun turned around, curious if someone reached his destination but he saw nobody so he turned when the doors closed and the sub departed again. He fished his phone out of his pocket and began to play angry bird.

When the loud noises of the subway fainted the sound of steps echoed through the station. They were fast, as if this someone is in a hurry, but then they halted before going on in a slower but steady pace. And they were getting louder, as if they'd approach Joonmyun.

So Joon paused his game to look up.

*KA TANG*

His phone met the ground with a loud noise that echoed through the station. It was so silent around there that Joonmyun thought it could be heard outside the station.

But the thing, that was probably louder than everything else on this world, was the fast, heavy beating of his heart.

"..Hey"

The korean shot up. He wanted to yell, cry and lash out but only a small, "Kris..", was all he came up with.

The tall blonde looked helpless and guilty.

He slowly bend down to pick up the phone before he handed it to Joonmyun, "...Here"

"T-thanks.."

Then, it was still between them. And really awkward. And both males felt uncomfortable.

"Uhm.. I bought presents.. and.. uhm wanted to drop by and give them to you..?!", the older scratched his nape awkwardly.

"Oh", Joonmyun looked down and his view fell on the bag with Kris' gift, "Eh.. we got you something too", he pointed at the cute christmas paper bag.

"Oh really? Uhm.. wow.. thank you"

The boys looked at each other and both showed a small smile before it went quiet between them again.

"Joonmyun, look. I-", Kris tried to break the silence but the korean cut him off.

"Why didn't you answer me?"

"Huh?"

"Why didn't you answer me? My messages?"

"Messages? I only got one-"

"Don't kid me, Kris! I wrote you almost 10 ing times but you didn't had the time to reply even once?!", Joonmyun got angered and tears swelled up in his eyes.

"L-look, I'm really sorry", Kris began to panic as he saw how Joon reddened and began to cry, "B-but I really got only o-one message and I couldn't reply 'cause-"

"'CAUSE WHAT?! YOU HAD NO TIME? MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO?", Joonmyun couldn't stop his feelings from bursting out, couldn't hold his temper, couldn't hold back the tears that were running down his red cheeks and met at the tip of his chin and dropped down as fat teardrops, one after another, "YOU CAN'T ING TELL ME THAT YOU DIDN'T EVEN HAD A SINGLE MINUTE TO CHECK YOUR DAMN PHONE, CAN YOU?!", Joonmyun was raging, feeling like setting everything around him on fire, including the blonde chinese-canadian guy in front of him.

"I lost my phone..", came the very quiet answer after good a minute.

Joonmyun rolled his eyes and scoffed, "Ha, couldn't come up with an better excuse, hm?"

Kris shrugged. Joonmyun expected a different reaction from the older boy. This was so not him, it confused Joon.

"You really lost your phone?"

"Yep", Kris gave a short nod, "I read your message a minute before I had an interview with the chinese edition of 'XOXO'. I wanted to answer you on my way to the hotel but I couldn't find my mobile.. I dropped my bag before we drove off, so I probably lost it then. We drove back and I searched for it, asked the staff, janitor and the people from the cleaning service but nobody found it"

"...Oh"

"I really tried to contact you, but I don't have your e-mail adress, nor the number for the phone at your home nor do you have any social network accounts.."

Joonmyun looked down, embarrassed that he flipped out without letting the older explain his situation, "I- I'm sorry..", he whispered.

"Ani.. it's ok"; Kris shook his head, "I would react the same way, I guess..."

It became still again until the sounds of the subway nearing disturbed the silence.

"Ah.. uhm.. I'll go home, I guess. There's my sub..", Kris said and placed a bag on the bench, "The presents are in there.. tell you parents I wish them merry christmas"

The older wanted to turn around but Joonmyun grabbed his arm, "Wait!"

"Hm?"

"Don't you- uhm.. Well, you cou-... Do you .. may want to come with me? Mom and dad would be happy too.. if we.. uhm.. could celebrate christmas together..?"

Even though Joonmyun was a stuttering and blushing furiously, Kris got the message and he felt like a bomb with happiness and butterflies exploded inside of him. He smiled a brightly gummy smile, and you have to know, that this doesn't happen that much. So Joonmyun knew that Kris smile was genuine and that fact made his heart race.

"I'd love to"

 

Joonmyun was completely happy, everyone smiled and laughed when they entered the living room, Joonmyun still holding Kris arm and grinning like a cashire cat. They ate together, exchanged presents, Mr Kim opened a bottle of wine, they laughed a lot, talked a lot and told stories, laughed even more and most important, they all were happy.

 

Later at night, Kris and Joonmyun laid in the koreans bed. They know each other since a year now but this was the first time they shared a bed or slept under one roof in generel.

And Joonmyun was so afraid that the older could/would hear or feel his enormous heartbeat and quivered at the slightest touches.

"Everything's alright?", Kris asked, sensing the tense behaviour of the younger

"Y-yes", Joon stuttered, "Uhm.. did you enjoy tonight?"

"Ne, it was beautiful. The best christmas since quite some time..", Kris sighed

"That.. makes me happy", Joonmyun whispered, "Especially since your-", the korean stopped midterm 'cause he remembered that Kris didn't know that Lu Han told him about the models past.

"Since what?"

Joonmyun lay with his back towards Kris and it was dark in the room but Joonmyun could feel Kris staring at him.

He sighed and rolled onto his back, "Lu Han told me.. about your past"

It was silent for a short moment.

"This er"

"Don't be mad at him", Joonmyun said, "He's just worried about you! Like me!"

Kris didn't asnwer.

"Show me the messages", the taller said after a while.

"W-whaat?"

"C'mon, show me"

"N-no!"

"Why?"

"Just no!"

"I would've read them anyway if I didn't lost my phone?"

"Still no"

"That doesn't make sense, you know"

"Won't change my mind"

"Are you embarrassed?", Kris snickered.

Joonmyun whined, "I would've wrote something else when you would've answer me!"

"Now I'm even more curious", the foreign boy chuckled.

"Still no"

"Please!?"

"I don't want- NO!", Joonmyun shrieked when Kris suddenly leaned over him and grabbed Joons phone from the bedside table. And it wasn't a problem to get a look at Joonmyuns messages and so on because the young korean doesn't have a screen lock.

"Dooooon't reeeaaad!"; he whined, grabbed Kris arm and tried to snatch the device away but to no avail.

First, the older was faster than him and second, Kris was stronger as well.

He sighed in defeat and half leaned over Kris to make sure the older really only reads the messages he wrote him. Its not like he has some forbbiden things or pictures on his phone, nobody should see, but rather safe than sorry.

Kris had a -eating grin on his lips while reading what the smaller wrote.

Joonmyun grumbled.

"You're too cute for words", Kris laughed.

""; Joon muttered and Kris laughed more. It was carefree and thats rare.

"I thought you love me?"

"S-shut up!"

"You haven't said it yet"

Joonmyun just answered with a whiney noise and it went silent for the nth time that day/night.

"You know.. I don't feel well lately", Kris began.

"Are you sick?", Joonmyun sat up and looked at the other, worry immediately coming up.

"Ani, it's not the sick kind of not well but more 'I-can't-think-clear' kind off not well.."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Its weird.. and hard to explain.."

"Try", Joonmyun said and his voice sounded so encouragingly.

But Kris only sighed to what he got nudged by the younger.

"It's .. I.. I felt weird without you around me.. like.. I couldn't think clear, I devasted my flat even more -thanks for cleaning up by the way- and yeah.. I-I got used to you being around me and.. I ing missed it the last two weeks"

"..Kris.."

Suddenly, Kris reached out for the younger and pressed him against his chest, Joonmyun half lying onto Kris and the latter held him in a strong hug and nuzzeld his face in the koreans hair. Joonmyun gasps.

"I missed to see you, talk to you, missed your opinion and cheering at the shoots, I missed your nagging when I didn't slept enough or didn't eat and your 'You-can't-even-take-care-of-yourself!-How-did-you-made-it-this-far?! speech but most of all you smiling and telling me you like me..."

Joonmyuns eyes widened and his heartbeat was so fast that it wasn't healthy anymore, thats for sure.

"Yo-you.. woaw.. uhm.. A-and I.. always th-thought.. I annoy you.. with my confessions and all.."

"No", Kris smiled and hugged Joonmyun even more, "I don't mind it at all. It makes me feel like I'm needed and wanted.. it makes me feel I'm worth it.. and I'm really thankful that you told me everyday. It made me keeping my head up"

The younger was glad that Kris couldn't see his face cause he blushed so hard that he thought he looks like a tomato.

"So.. I can still tell you..?"

"For sure! That would be really nice.. and uhm.. I actually really want you to", know it was the chinese turn to blush.

Joonmyun didn't reply and so they just lay there, Joon returning the hug without noticing it, breathing in unison, their hearts beating a fast rhythm in duet and both drowning in the arms, warmth and smell of the other.

"This..", Joonmyun began but didn't end his sentence.

"Yeah?"

"I-it's nice.. and kinda as if..", he broke up a second time.

"As if?"; Kris seemed so relaxed unlike Joonmyun who felt and definitely was a wreck (of feelings and thoughts) by now.

"..as if I'm you're boyfriend.."

"You are my boyfriend"

Joonmyuns head shot up to this statement and he stared at the older with eyes almost falling out of his head, not even noticing that their faces were mere a few centimeters apart.

Kris smiled carefree, "Only if you want to, of course"

Joonmyun couldn't even say a thing, his brain went on power saving mode the moment Kris pulled him down to embrace him. So he could just smile the brightest and biggest and happiest smile and nod eagerly.

They both began to laugh.

Then, Kris flipped them over out of the sudden, Joonmyun letting out a rather girlish squeak and the model hovered above the korean.

They looked at each other before Kris leaned down to brush his lips over Joonmyuns.

"Kris.."; Joonmyun breathed.

"Yifan.. please call me Yifan"

"I love you.. Yifan"

"I love you too, Joonmyun-ah"

 

 

Shy pecks soon turned into curious and daring nibbling and then in deep and loving kisses.

And the rest of the night consisted of gentle touches that turned as daring and lascivious as their kisses, rustling bedsheets, low moans and the sounds of two rapid beating hearts.