JESSIE

JeTi sns (collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is normal, or would I say consent, that people make up nicknames for the ones they are close with. You have nicknames for your bratty but lovable sister, your grumpy but respectful grandpa, your bothersome but elegant mother, your seems-to-never-study but still clever friends, and most importantly your one and only not replaceable lover.

 

It’s the 11th February, two days before the almighty Valentine’s Day. Here she is, Jessica, strolling down a street in San Francisco. Because of an unforeseeable but very important family issue, she has to stay in her hometown till the 15th, which is she’s going to miss the Valentine’s Day.

 

Yes, Valentine’s Day without her valentine by her side. Upon thinking of this, Jessica recalls her lover.

 

“Tiff.” The name rolls off Jessica’s tongue smoothly.

 

Anyone who hears that would feel his/her pair of ears is enjoying a cup of sweet caramel coffee, the smoothness and the sweetness make your heart swell a little and your lips tug a little.

That one single word just sounds perfectly in the brunette’s mouth.

 

Walking down the street of San Francisco in a cool dry night, with her curls flutter delicately with the mild wind, Jessica feels nothing but peace and relief. Because there are very few people on the street, no one would recognize her under the dim streetlight and comforting moonlight, she can once again be normal and walk down the street freely without worrying paparazzis bothering her, leaving the tag of an idol behind for this moment.

 

“Tiff.” The brunette said when she took a few steps down the street.

 

She thought of the times when the raven hair girl called her ‘Jessie’. Never once in her life would others call her this, even her little sister calls her Jess, her friends would only call her Jessica or Sica. She can still recall how her heart skipped a beat whenever the mushroom said the lyrics with her husky voice, ‘Listen Jessie, our first love story…’ Everyone thought the eye-smile girl did it for fun, even Jessica and Tiffany thought so themselves, but little did they know the start of this little nickname would lead them to so much more.

 

“Tiff.” More steps and she said the word again.

 

Jessica remembered the time she ‘confessed’ to Tiffany. It was during the Gee photo shoot. The concept of Gee was that the girls had to be mannequins, so they needed to pose like one in the photo shoot. Tiffany stood the farthest from Jessica, while Jessica stood beside her favourite dongseang Yoona. When all the girls stood at their respective spot, there was some technical problem, which made them have to wait a bit. During the waiting, Jessica called out to Tiffany and made a heart shape with her hands, sending a virtual heart to her American best friend, now her lover.

 

With each step she takes down the street, the brunette’s lips tug up a bit more. The way she said her lover’s name resounds in the night, she can’t help but also think how gorgeous that name sounds in her own ears.

 

‘Buzz.’ Feeling the vibration in her pocket, Jessica takes out her phone and checks who’s texting her during this hour.

 

How are you doing half across the world, my love?

 

Upon reading this message, Jessica can’t help but smile with all her heart. If someone sees her, he/she will definitely describe her as a love struck fool. Seriously though, who cares to be called a fool when you’re so madly deeply truly in love with someone, and that someone has to be a certain Tiffany Hwang?

 

Doing just fine. What? You miss me? Shouldn’t you be resting at this ungodly ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter