subaek

university au drabbles

prompt: i’m really passionate about this cause and i will give you this flier if i have to shove it down your throat.

 

characters: baekhyun, joonmyeon

 

rating:pg

 

length: 342w

 


 

“hi, have you registered to vote yet?”

 

baekhyun stops and glances at the source of the voice, a boy with neatly parted hair and a bright smile, and makes a face of distaste. “no.”

 

they’re everywhere, and it’s irritating. every sidewalk, every corner, someone’s stopping him, asking are you registered to vote? would you like to be? and out of all of them, this kid’s the most persistent, the most insistent, the absolute ing worst.

 

the boy holds out his clipboard and a pen. “would you care to?”

 

“not really,” baekhyun tells him flatly, “and you know that by now.”

 

the boy’s smile doesn’t falter. “don’t you want a representative who you believes in the same thing that you do?”

 

baekhyun scowls at him. “i don’t care. it’s just a local election-”

 

“local government is important,” the boy insists. “come on, sign up!”

 

baekhyun lets out a heavy sigh. “if i fill this out, will you leave me alone?”

 

“sure,” the boy agrees, and nudges his clipboard towards him.

 

“fine,” baekhyun says grudgingly, reluctantly snatching the clipboard from the boy. “pen?”

 

the boy hands it to him with a smile on his face. baekhyun shoots him a glare before scribbling down his information, then slamming the pen down onto the clipboard and roughly shoving it back towards the boy. “there. happy?”

 

“extremely,” the boy says. his smile’s even wider than before, and baekhyun is quickly starting to regret giving this guy any sense of satisfaction.

 

“whatever,” he grumbles.

 

the boy ignores his sour tone, eyes flicking over the paper before looking back up at baekhyun. “baekhyun, huh? i’m joonmyeon. i’ll see you around!”

 

baekhyun stares at joonmyeon disdainfully as the boy waves to him, headed off to find his next victim.

 

“i ing hope not,” he mutters to himself once joonmyeon’s out of earshot, busy waving his clipboard at a half asleep boy and his apathetic-looking friend.

 

he looks at them pityingly for a moment before shaking his head and continuing on his way to meet chanyeol for lunch.

 

poor kids.