Chapter 1 - Daehan High School

Wallflowers

Park Ji Yeol's POV

"OMG! Your new purple glasses are so nice!" I screamed softly so that Se Hyun, my best friend, was the only person who heard it when she flopped down lazily next to me. The class was just too rowdy to hear anything while talking normally.

"I know right! By the way, what was our homework? It was just Maths and English right? There wasn't any Korean or Science or anything else right?" Se Hyun asked me.

"I tried asking around, but everyone just ignored me," I made the derpiest face ever while complaining and laughed it off together with Se Hyun. Just then, our form teacher, Mrs Choi, stepped into class with one student who was two heads taller than the 165 cm Mrs Choi. Everyone stopped dead in their tracks and immediately scampered back behind their desks and greeted the teacher with our class' specialty - drag greeting. We then sat back down on their chairs.

"Good morning everyone! One student from SOPA is here with us today!" Mrs Choi said with excitement in her voice. Everyone clapped except me. 

*OMG why is Park Chanyeol here?* I thought to myself. 

"Yah Park Ji Yeol, isn't that your brother?" Se Hyun whispered to me. 

"Yeah..." I mumbled before looking at Chanyeol and mouthing, "What are you doing here?"

Before he could reply, Mrs Choi said, "He will be going back to his school, SOPA, after a week... Think of this as an immersion programme." All the girls in class started making sounds, like they were love-sick or something. Obviously, they knew nothing about Chanyeol. Sure, he's nice and all but he can get very irritating sometimes. But all the boys, on the other hand, were staring him down.

"I need someone to take care of him while he is studying here. Who would like to do it?" Mrs Choi asked. Almost every single girl raised her hand. For both our sakes, I think that my mother did not mention to the school that Chanyeol was my real, blood related brother, so of course Se Hyun and i did not raise our hands. Somehow, by God's will, Mrs Choi chose me to take care of him. Why? Because all teachers like to drag unenthusiastic pupils into the mess. I sighed.

Chanyeol immediately ran to me and sat down beside me three-seats-in-a-row style and i was wedged in between Se Hyun and him.

"What the hell are you doing here? Do you want everyone in the world to know we are related? Your sasaeng fans are going to attack me with questions like, "Can you ask your oppa to go out with me?" and whatever . Se Hyun and I are wallflowers and if you start hanging out with us, it's gonna get troublesome! You better stay away from me!" I cursed at him. Se Hyun nodded beside me. 

"Chillax Ji, I am here because I need to persuade you to go to SOPA and attend the classes there as a student," Chanyeol replied. 

"WHAT?!" I shouted. 

"Miss Park Ji Yeol! Out of my class, hands in the air!" Mrs Choi shouted at me.

"Mrs Choi, I was the one talking to her, punish me instead," Se Hyun said.

"Fine, both of you! OUT!" She screamed at us. 

Once we left the room, both of our seats were flooded with girls pushing and shoving each other, all wanting to get a seat next to the instantly famous Park Chanyeol. 

Chanyeol's POV

"Aish! Stop it! Ji Yeol is my sister, and this seat and the one next to it belongs to her and Se Hyun only!" I shouted at the annoying girls.

"What? Ji Yeol is your sister?" One of the girls, Choi Ye Seul, asked. 

"Yes, got a problem?" I replied. I am so gonna get into trouble with my sister.

"Heck no... This is a joke right?" Kim Dong Ri, the class joker, chuckled for a while but then stopped when she saw how serious I was.

"Girls, calm down. And what, Chanyeol? Ji Yeol is your sister? Your parents never told me," Mrs Choi said in a calm voice but it was obvious that she was taken aback by my claim.

"Yes. She is my sister and my parents never said anything because they didn't want trouble. Park Chan Yeol, Park Ji Yeol...See the similarities?" I said. I better write my will now because I am totally going to be killed by Ji Yeol. 

Mrs Choi called Ji Yeol and Se Hyun back to class to confirm if what I said was true. Of course, Ji Yeol tried to remain calm but her eyes were shooting daggers at me. "Mrs Choi, I have no clue as to where you got that idea from. Park Chanyeol, the hallyu idol, and we just met today, a few minutes ago..." Ji Yeol laghed emptily for a short period of time. Mrs Choi just looked at her then, at me, then back at her again and tilted her head slightly to the right, perplexed.

"Mrs Choi, judging from your expression and actions, you aren't buying it." She paused, then continued, "Okay, fine! Think what you want to, everyone!" She stubbornly shouted as she crossed her arms tightly and sat back down on her chair.

"Well, the faces look similar, the names..." Mrs Choi mumbled to herself. 

"Sorry, Mrs Choi? What did you say?" I tried to persuade her that we were not siblings...or as what that idiotic sister of mine had said. 

"You guys seriously look similar!" Mrs Choi pointed at me and Ji Yeol. 

"WHAT?!" We both shouted. 

"I, Park Chanyeol, is clearly better looking than her!" I exclaimed.

"No, I am obviously better than this fool," she said, staring at me in the eye.

I was about to talk back when Se Hyun burst, "Oh My God. Can you guys just calm down? What the hell is this?"

"Se Hyun is right. I will deal with you three later. Obviously, Se Hyun knows something about this mess because she is the only other pupil who is not asking questions related to your relationship," Mrs Choi said, restarting class. Only then did I realise that everyone was gossiping around us. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to come here.