blink and you'll miss it (sequel)

when two dreams meet (they miss)

 

because you guys wanted a sequel and omma keeps forcing me to continue, enjoy c:<


 

In this dream, they met one another under a different circumstances. It wasn't their normal place at the beautiful field of pink sunflowers which was surrounded by tall trees. He didn't place his head on her lap nor did she played with the strands of his hair with her nimble fingers. Their fingers didn't intertwined like perfect puzzle pieces, sweet words of encouragement and empty promises weren't shared.

No, this time they met at a place which looked (or was) very realistic. The one that felt as if they time travelled back many years ago.


They were back to the Middle Ages.

 

 

 

 


A coronation was bound to happen. The deceased king had symptoms of heart failure since years ago and he refused to acknowledge it. He refused to believe that he, the Mighty King, would fall in the hands of fate, he still stood on his decision of dying in a battlefield. A great honor it was, if he was killed for protecting the country he loved and ruled. But alas, he didn't and weather Daehyun liked it or not; he was chosen to become the next ruler of the country.


Somehow in this dream, they didn't recognize each other. Their minds were already planted with fake memories that none could oppose. Supposedly, Daehyun was a handsome prince and she was just another commoner whom he would definitely meet.

 

 

Saying she's 'ordinary' wasn't true. Everyone was special in their own ways, including her too. Maybe it was because of her nimble fingers that could unlock difficult locks which no one else could or maybe it was her fast and slick way that could allow her to escape from under everyone's nose or maybe it was the simple disguise she wore to fool people who thought she was one of them. Whatever reason it was, she used it to become one of the most wanted thief by knights and the royal family themselves.


She managed enraging the royal family once, they even sent out knights to both of the kingdom's neighbours, searching for anyone who seemed suspicious of thievary. Of course, no one would check inside the boiling kettle for the Golden Ring, passed by many generations and was made by a famous person whom she could not recall. By the end of the search in her small cottage, she watched in amusement as the knights in shining armors took off with their horses in disappointment. One even had the manners of apologising to her for the spotcheck. She only smiled and shook her head.

 

After they left, she started humming a tune whilst entering her cottage. Locking the door behind her, she headed towards the kettle. There wasn't any water in it and the guards didn't even noticed that. She took the lid off and there sat the Golden Ring in the metal piece. She slipped it on her finger, happily admiring its beauty.


The ring did look extremely well on her. Oh, she has such a great taste!

 

 

 

 

The cold air swooshed their way through the big rectangular window and into Prince Daehyun's room. Silence was so deafening, the prince himself couldn't get a shut-eye. Another reason was because he was nervous. Tomorrow was his coronation and being the only child of the late Mighty King gave him no choice but to accept it. Just the thought of becoming king the moment he open his eyes, terrified him. 


Daehyun trembled as another gush of air entered his bedroom. He should get up and close the window, again. It was a nuisance cause this was his third time closing it. Tomorrow the first thing he would do was order his servants to fix it. Daehyun huffed in annoyance, he took off his blanket and sat up from his laying position.


Suddenly, he felt something sharp prickling his neck. Daehyun's breath hitched upon seeing his bedside drawer was left opened. The dagger, his father had given when he was nine years old, gone. He swore on his father's grave that the intruder was using it against him.


"Don't scream." 


Could it be—the infamous thief? The same thief that stole the most precious thing from royalties. The same thief that never been caught or seen by everyone or anyone.


The intruder chuckled lightly,"I could hear the gears in your brain." His voice sounded soft and melodious like a girl's.


"Your voice is like a girl's." Daehyun blurted out his thoughts. Another chuckle was emitted, he wouldn't admit the sound made his heart fluttered.


"That's because I am a girl." He sighed in relief. At least, the intruder was a female. Daehyun really didn't want to try figuring out his preference later on in the future. What's worst was how his mother would react. He was not letting both of his parents die because of heart failure. 


"Stop thinking." 


"Are you going to kill me?" The knife was now placed comfortably under his Adam's apple and she had moved closer (a stupid move if he could say). Daehyun could practically feel warmth radiating from her. If she was closer—


She hummed,"I'm thinking about it."


"You're thinking about it right now?"


The knife pressed harder, not enough to break his skin tho. It was a sign for him to shut up.


"You do know your life is now in my palm, right?" Got it.


"Well now it's not!" Daehyun used the back of his head to hit her. She stumbled backwards with a groan, catching her off guard. Using this as an advantage, he quickly grabbed both of her wrists, pinning her on the bed, putting all of his weight on her.


The intruder struggled under him. She couldn't even move her legs, the prince had place his legs over hers. His dagger slipped out from her hand when she lost her balanced just now.


"Let go of me!" She hissed, thrashing harder than before. She would not give in to a man she barely knew despite he was well-known to the villagers. Not everyone was nice like people said they were.


Daehyun put more pressure on her. It was when she looked given up and tired that he managed to look at her face properly and Daehyun couldn't believe his eyes how such a beautiful thing could do much thievery. He gazed into those pair of vulnerable brown eyes. Underneath the annoyance, anger and slight fear, Daehyun saw her fragility guarded by walls she built throughout her whole life. 


And before he knew it, the infamous thief had struck once again. This time she stole the prince's heart.


"Are you done checking me out?" The beauty huffed in irritation. "Because—"


She nodded her head forward, successfully knocking Daehyun unconscious. What better way to fight back an enemy by using their previous tactic, it was foolproof. 


"It was nice meeting you, Prince Daehyun."

 

 

 

 

 

Daehyun jolted awake from his sleep. The room temperature's high, he woke up sweating and breathing heavily. He saw her again, in his dreams. However, it wasn't like the previous ones. Daehyun wondered why he kept dreaming of her, the same girl with the same perfection and flaws. Is she the one he was destined for? Ridiculous.


A series of knocks disrupted his train of questions. Daehyun glanced up, the door opened and a familiar head popped behind it. 


"Dinner's ready." said Himchan. "You better wash your face before eating, kid."


Daehyun nodded tiredly and went out of the room, passing his hyung. From the smell, he assumed Himchan cooked his famous bimbap again. Daehyun hummed in delight.

 

 

 

 

"Let me get this straight. Last night, you dreamt about a prince who's about to get crown but he don't wanna and a thief who steal stuff from rich people. You're the thief and this guy," Yejin pointed at the magazine, "—right here is him?"


She nodded. Yejin raised her eyebrow, feeling more confused as ever.


"What."


"You basically summarized everything."


"What."


She sighed. Yejin was making this difficult. She met Yejin at the cafe; White Raabbit. Yejin worked there for almost a year and she already knew the cafe like the back of her palm. Yejin was the one who handed her the pretty menu. They became friends the moment Yejin asked 'what would you like to eat?'


Her English was so cute and still is. ("Shut up." Yejin blushed.)


"I didn't know you were a fan of BAP's Daehyun," Yejin said in disbelief. "Let alone knowing him."


"I'm not! He just—appears in all of my dreams." 


"Okay, okay. You met him in your dreams, so?" 


She mumbled something back softly, Yejin laughed heartily.


"You think he's your soul mate? That's the funniest thing I heard this week!" 


She felt hurt, she thought Yejin was different from the rest. She guessed wrong. A forced laugh escaped her lips, suppressing the rising anger. 


"Yeah." Yejin immediately stopped laughing upon hearing the tone she used.


"You're not kidding, are you?" 


"Not even a little bit." 


The waitress looked at her with surprise. She wasn't kidding, she was dead serious. "But you guys never met!" Yejin quickly cut her off before she could respond, "Dreams don't count."


She closed . Yejin got a point there. 


"You don't even know him! He could even be a womanizer!"


"You don't know that! Stop making assumptions." Then realization hit her on the head. 


"Oh my god, did you came all the way here just to search for him?" 


"No," she answered slowly. She felt down a bit as Yejin asked her that. "It's personal."


"Oh, I'm sorry." Yejin said sincerely. "I didn't mean to ask you that. I was just curious."


She shook her head, "It's fine." 

 

"Yejin, stop slacking off!" A man wearing a white dress shirt and black slacks with a mop in his hand scolded her in their mother tongue. He had a frown on his face but his eyes showed no hints of anger."This is the third time already."


"Sorry, boss!" Yejin quickly scampered to the counter, not before mouthing a 'talk to you later'.


She giggled at her friend's antics. Now that's she all alone at the table, she thought back about their conversation. Maybe she daydreamed too much, thinking about how they could be soul mates. Yejin's right; it was really funny.


Furthermore, the guy in her dreams was the Jung Daehyun? 


"I'm so silly," She moaned in despair, hiding her face in her palms. Dreams were bad for her health.

 

 

Right at that moment, a bus stopped exactly in front the cafe. The traffic light was red. In there, were six boys excluding the driver and the manager. One boy she spoke of stared out exactly at where she sat.


Daehyun watched in amusement as she slapped her cheeks repeatedly. The view from where he sat was really funny. Suddenly, they were looking at each other. 


Both of their eyes widen.

 

 

It's her.
It's him.

 

 

The traffic light turned green and the bus drove away.

 

 

 

 


The truth was there was never a specific and perfect time or place for true love. It happened accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment. Blink and you'll miss it.