it's way high up

when two dreams meet (they miss)
 

"Love is all a matter of timing. It's no good meeting the right person too soon or too late."


 

 

There was once a girl, well-known to many and was treated nicely by few. She had a big dream, bigger than any could imagine. Her family & friends laughed it all as a joke, what kind of dream was to meet a boy across the world? It was hilarious to them.





Unbeknownst to them, she expected those reaction. she smiled and laughed it all together, despite the hurt they unintentionally caused. Time flew and she grew into a smart girl, she participated in school activities and extra curricular, she was more friendly and generous with all and thus becoming the family's greatest prized possession. She even went overseas to continue her studies.





Unknowingly to all, the moment her plane safely landed on ground, she arrived on another country. A country where it was the start of a new fresh breath; the country where she could fulfilled her dream―Seoul, Korea.





Twenty minutes later, she stood outside with a cup of hot chocolate in her hand while watching the driver carrying her luggages into the trunk of the taxi. Throughout the whole ride to her hotel, she looked out the window with awe. She was finally free from everything.


And she was hoping she would meet that boy in her dreams.










Jung Daehyun was his name. Born healthily on the 28th June and living in the same house as his grandparents. He wasn't famous in school and was constantly bullied almost every single day. But that didn't stop him from becoming a trainee under TS Entertainment.





Jung Daehyun dreams the same dream every night. He dreams of a petite girl and he loved everything about her. From her smiles to her clumsiness. From her head to toes. They were simply amazing. She was amazing.


Yet they were just dreams.





He debuted in the year 2012, along with five other guys whom he could now call them friends or better yet, brothers. They were called B.A.P―Best Absolute Perfect.





The following year, their names were finally known. They were famous for their syncronized and tough choreography to their incredible vocals and nonstop comebacks. Moreover, they had won many awards. As he looked into the mirror, the reflection of six boys and a few backup dancers became clearer than before. They were all tired but in the end, it was all worth it.










The room she booked was fit for two person. It was a bit small and the ceiling was lower than she expected, nonetheless it was still cosy. The spare bed was used to place her luggages. A shiver of anticipation was felt, it was her first time doing something behind her parents' back. Furthermore, she was doing it alone. As exciting as it seemed, she was also quite nervous.


Seoul was a big city, what could possibly be secretly stored for a small girl like her?





"Daehyun-ah, aren't you going to eat?"


Daehyun blinked his eyes. Oh, were they at the cafe already? Did his cheesecake arrived yet?


"I'm worried about you," Youngjae spoke, "Are you sure you're okay?"


There were bags under his eyes and s kept saying he looked quite pale these days. Truthfully, he actually missed his hometown. He missed his grandparents. Daehyun couldn't count how many months had passed without seeing nor hearing their voices and faces.





"Yeah, I'm fine." He lied through his teeth. Daehyun knew Youngjae could see pass his facade but decided not to push the topic further.


"Eat your cheesecake, manager hyung is gonna pick us up soon."





In her hands was a camera. A newly bought camera from the shop at the second lane. To be honest, she didn't know where she was. She won't admit to herself that she was lost, she was just somewhere in a country where she couldn't speak their native tongue.





A rumbling from her stomach cut her thoughts short. She was starving since she didn't even eat breakfast that day. The only thing she had was the cup of hot chocolate and then stubbornly decided that she was full and ready to leave her hotel.


The results, well, the hotel was probably somewhere not so far behind her. She hoped.





From what she was seeing on the directory in front of her, there was a small cafe nearby. Taking one right turn and one left, she would be there in 5 minutes.





Or 3 minutes. She took pride on her mother's walking pace.


The white wooden signboard hung above her shown the cafe's name; White Rabbit.


The moment she entered the cafe, its deco instantly blew her away. Colorful flowers were hung above, the furniture were mixtures of white and green and there were scented candles on each of the tables.




A waitress, thankfully, greeted her in English and she nearly squealed hearing it with her Korean accent and her ways of pronouncing it. She was then handed a menu and damn it was the prettiest menu she ever seen.





At that moment, two men passed her and the door of the cafe opened slightly. The coldness from outside made her shivered a bit before it was closed shut.




Somewhere deep down in her heart, she wondered why she didn't looked up.










"Youngjae-ah," The male with his phone hummed in response.


"Have you ever felt like you just missed something?" Youngjae looked at Daehyun quizzically. They were already in the car on the way back to their company and out of the blue, his best friend missed something?


"What?"


"Like," Daehyun looked at the boy beside him straight in his eyes with a glint, "You're suppose to meet someone, right there and then but you didn't."


"Mmm.. I don't really get what you trying to say."


Daehyun sighed and smiled tiredly at his friend.


"Nevermind. Just something that suddenly crossed into my mind, nothing to worry about." He leant back into his seat, ignoring the worrisome look Youngjae gave.





Alas, Daehyun's heart swelled in disappointment.

 

 

 

 

She has a big dream and he dreams of her every time he sleeps. Both dreams are way up high, like they are gazing at distant stars. Its dazzling, can't you see? The light could be from tens of thousands of years ago and maybe the stars don't even exist anymore. Yet sometimes the light seems more real to them than anything.

 

 

 

 

 

 


the end. sequel, maybe?