Final

Stay Together

Arguing and losing her temper was something Dara rarely did. On few occasions will something get her mad enough to do so. But this was too much. She couldn't control the red that she saw, nor the tears that came to her eyes. They've been together for more than 5 years. Yet, everything seems to be going wrong. It was only a day before their Alexander Wang x H&M performance, when Dara couldn't hold back anymore.

"It's all your fault!" she nearly screams in CL's face, tears streaming down her face. They stood in the middle of their old dorms. "There's a reason why Bom can't even go in public anymore. There's a reason why Minzy thinks we are no longer a family. There's a reason why I think you're being selfish. It's because you aren't even there anymore. Late rehearsal practices, trips to the US, and you even missing our weekly dinners! Chae...what happened? Has this solo gone to your head? What about 2NE1?" Dara finishes her teary rant.

Chaerin just stands there, shocked. The sight of Dara almost sobbing broke her heart. She has been busy for the preparations of the solo and she didn't expect Dara to be angry about it. CL felt ashamed.

"Dara unnie...I'm sorry. I should've been there for you, Bom unnie, and Minzy. I know lately, it's been hard on all of us. But you know this is my dream. To debut in the US. All I want is for you to support me," Chaerin replied to Dara, quietly. 

Dara closed her eyes for a few seconds before opening them, "But your debut means the end of 2NE1...," she says sadly, and then leaves the room, slamming the door behind her.

Realization hits CL. No wonder she was mad. Dara assumed that since she was debuting in America, she would leave 2NE1 to be a solo artist; that she would be leaving them. And 2NE1 would no longer have their Chaerin. 

'But that would never happen. I would never leave them,' her thoughts say.

CL's eyes burned from holding back her tears. Muffled sobs came from and she walked to her room. Throwing herself onto the bed, she fell asleep crying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When she woke up the next day, she couldn't find the will to get up. The performance was today but last night's fight with Dara made her feel horrible. 

Her phone lit up with a text message.

From Bom
To Chae: "CL-roo, are u up yet?? The car will be picking us up soon..hurry!!! ^^
Also do u know why Ssantoki is upset? She came last night to my dorm, crying."

Her heart felt heavy while reading Bom's text. 

From Chae
To Bom: "Aniyo...I don't know why she's like that. I can go talk to her about it. And I'm getting up right now!"

Slowly, she got out of bed and made her way to the bathroom. As she passed by her dresser, a few pictures caught her eye. She leaned over and looked at them. There were four small frames each with a memory in them. The first was a picture of them winning their first award for "Fire". The next was them enjoying a meal at Jeju. Third was them with the YG Family. The last was...all the girls smiling at the end of their New Evolution tour, the night of they made promises to each other. Nostalgia washed over her.

Chaerin took the last photo into her hands and she remembered her promise to the group. And she now understood what she had to do.

Hopping into the shower, she quickly washed herself. She grabbed all her bags before jogging out the door to look for Dara at the other dorm. 

She reached their door and knocked impatiently. The door opened with Minzy behind it. 

"unnie? Why are you here? Weren't we supposed to meet downstairs?" Minzy asked, confused.

"No time to explain, where's Dara?!" CL glances around her shoulder.

"She already left. She said she'd meet us there for rehearsals."

CL inwardly groaned. She needed to speak to Dara to clear things up and make amends. "Okay, thanks anyways...I can talk to her later." 

Minzy moves out the doorway and lets her in the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They arrive at the rehearsal for the Alexander Wang x H&M party. The three girls greet the other people, while waiting for Dara to arrive.

Chaerin grows anxious, wanting to talk to her. Suddenly, the door opens and Dara enters the room. CL calls out to her, "Hey, Dara unnie!"

But her yell went unheard by Sandara who just turns and greets the manager. CL feels her eyes sting at being ignored. Their friendship meant too much to be like this.

Soon, the rehearsal is done and the party begins an hour later. Their own performance begins. They sing "Come Back Home," "I Am The Best," and "Gotta Be You."

During their songs, CL attempts to go near Dara but she moves every time CL would get close. Chaerin grew frustrated at this. 

'I'll talk to her after,' she thinks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After their last song ends, they exit the stage. Chae quickly grabs Dara's hand and leads her to an empty room. She locks the door so they won't be interrupted. 

They stand in front of each other awkwardly. Not knowing how to begin, CL stutters, "I-I...I'm sorry for being late and missing the dinners. But please know that I will never leave you and 2NE1!"

Dara keeps her head down, "You have a good way of showing that, Chaerin."

"But, it's true! Dara, even though I'm debuting, I will be there for you, Minzy, and Bom. We're a family. Forever," Chae tells her. She continues, "Remember our promises? We promised to stay together forever. Maybe not as a group, but as friends. I love you all so much. I can't stand to know that you're angry at me. Please understand.."

Dara is still, not knowing what to say. Finally she opens , "I want to believe you...but I recently heard that you're leaving to America in a few days. Right before my birthday. You're going to miss it. You're going to miss my birthday. You know how much that hurts?!"

"I know...I'm sorry. I didn't want to miss your birthday. This is the only one in the past 5 years I've missed. If only you knew how much I want to stay. But I can't. President-nim has already prepared my schedule. I can't cancel," CL says. They stare at each other for a few seconds. Finally, Dara gives in. 

The older girl sighs, "I'm sorry, Chae. I overreacted. I know this means a lot to you. It's just feels...different. I don't know, it's a weird feeling."

Chaerin pulls her unnie into a hug, "It does feel different. But I promise you, nothing will change.

We'll stay together."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Written on my phone. 2ne1 will always be there for each other. I know their friendship is strong like that.