{ .03 } -- 00:00:30

00:00:00

Mark pulled out of the embrace, immediately reaching into his pocket to retrieve his cellphone. "We need to take photo evidence of this moment!" he exclaimed. Naeun chucled quietly as she pulled out her cellphone as well. Mark extended out his arm, making his wrist visible. Naeun followed suit, placing her wrist on top of his. Their glowing, matching clocks blinked up at them, causing the two of them to smile. The two remained in their spot as they took several pictures of their wrists. Afterwards, the two stod close to each other and took a selca on each of their phones.

When they finished, Mark turned to look at Naeun, his smile still wide. "Should we...go celebrate? Dinner and dessert?" He tilted his head to the side in curiosity. Nodding, Naeun agreed and answered, "Mmm. That sounds like a good plan," Mark slowly reached for Naeun's hand; their hands cupped and their fingers not entwined. The warmth of Mark's hand caused Naeun's cheeks to heat up. "Anything specific you want to eat?" He questioned. 

"Mmm..." Naeun's nerves were getting to her. "I like anything honestly. I do favor barbeque, though. Meat and lettuce is awesome. I could eat that forever! Oh, and red velvet desserts," she mused, her heart beat racing. She tried to calm her nerves, by taking a deep breath. "I know just the place," Mark responded as he squeezed her hand lightly. The two stayed silent as they walked out of the park and into the busier scene of the city. It was a brisk evening and the warmth of Mark's hand was keeping Naeun from becoming cold in her cardigan. The silence gave the two the opportunity to soak in the fact that they were each other soulmates. "Oh, here's a good place," breaking the silence, Mark tugged lightly on Naeun's hand and pointed at the restaurant a block away; the two picked up their pace.

Arriving at the small restaurant, the two didn't break contact at their hands. They bowed politely at the hostess that approached them. "Table for two?" she asked. Mark nodded with a smile. The girl's eyebrows rose in interest, causing her to then glance down at his wrist. Naeun smirked to herself as she watched the girl carefull. She watched as the hostess' warm smile curved down into a frown when she saw the blinking zeros. "Right this way..." she muttered, her tone professional but her small frown still on her lips. She led them to a vacant table and Mark pulled out a chair for Naeun to sit in. As the hostess placed the menus on the table, Naeun discreetly placed her arm on the table, turning her arm so her wrist would be visible. She glanced up at the hostess who was still eyeing the male who was settling himself into the seat across her. The hostess caught a glimpse at the blinking numbers, clearing she asked what the two wanted to drink. The couple answered in unison: "Water." They laughed softly when the hostess walked away to get the drinks.

"So...where should we start?" Mark questioned, propping his elbows on the table, placing his chin on this hands. "Tell me a little about yourself," he smiled softly. Naeun pursed her lips briefly before running a hand through her hair. "I'm the oldest between my sister and I. I attend Dongguk University and I'm majoring in theatre arts. I have a job at a café as a barista and I have a obsession with the color black..." she chuckled quietly at the last fact she told about herself, "how about you?" she asked next. 

"I was born in America; California to be exact. I grew up in Brazil and Paraguay. I'm of Taiwanese decent. I have two older sister and one younger brother. I moved here about four years ago. I came here for a fresh start in hopes of being scouted by an entertainment company, but I ended up joining an underground dance crew with six other guys... Um," he paused for a second when the hostess came back with their drinks. "Are you guys ready to order?" Mark nodded slowly. "Bulgogi and Samgyubsal," he ordered without taking a look at the menu.

Naeun chuckled quietly, picking up the menu and holding it up for the hostess as she took a mental note of their order. When she walked off, Mark put his attention back to the female. "I've been studying Korean these past four years. I am fluent in English and Mandarin. I'm good at martial arts tricking and whatnot," Naeun tilted her head to the side in interest and raised a brow at Mark's lengthy list of things he could do. "Do you miss your family a lot since you're here and they're in America?" she asked curiously. Nodding, Mark glanced off to the side before responding. "I sometimes get homesick but the members in my dance crew are like my second family and their parents treat me like one of their own, so it suffices for the most part." 

The hostess returned with an array of banchan. Setting them down, Naeun grabbed the chopsticks on the table and eyed the food placed in front of them. "The meat should be out in a moment," she spoke. As Naeun picked at the small plates, Mark watched her carefully. Mentally taking note of what she went for first and what she hesitated over before deciding not to eat it. "So what made you want to pursue theatre arts?" he questioned. Chewing her food, she looked at him with wide eyes. "Ah--I've always had a knack for acting. I draw, but I really wanted to try something different so I went with theatre." The meat then came out and Mark began to put the raw meat on the grill that had been heating up since they were sat down. Naeun kept the chopsticks pressed against her lips as she watched him tend the meat. Humming quietly, she picked at the kimchi at the side, to fill her stomach more. 

---------------------------

A week and 1015 words later, I finally post the third chapter. I know it ends at a weird spot, but I felt the need to update.
I've been busy with uni and writing three essays for three different classes all within the same week (which I didn't do), really takes a toll on my creativity.
I hope you guys enjoyed it...the 9 of you who have subscribed. I know this is only a small crowd, but I appreciate you guys a lot.
I just wanted to let you all know that today (Nov. 21, 2014) is the mark of my 4th year of being on here.
Before I used to be more active but I took a two (and a half) hiatus from writing and now that I'm getting back into the gist of things, I realize that things aren't going to be the same like it was before. I realize it might take awhile for my story to get recognized and more love, but that's alright.
For the those of you who are joining me through this story, please be patient with me. There may be a chance there might be two weeks or more between each update, but I will work on getting something written. 
Okay, enough with my personal banter. I hope you liked the chapter and hopefully you'll stick around.

If any of you have a Tumblr, you should follow my personal: yeoshinism I'm not always there but if you want someone to talk to. I like meeting new people!

-K