CUBE Café

Food cravings led to meeting a puppy and someone else...

“I have been patient, but I can’t hold it in anymore! I need to go!” May declared sitting on her bed holding a travel brochure that was shaking in front of her face. She got up and threw the brochure on the ground “that’s it I’m going” she said and picked up her helpful side bag. Grabbing her keys and camera, she stuffed them in the brown side bag she pulled over shoulders and put on her dark blue denim cap. Renting a bike she drove off into the city again.

May arrived at a building.

A large white cubed-shaped building stood before her as she tied her bike in a safe spot. Under her cap she was able to see a café through the glass doors. She giggled to herself.

May couldn’t help it, she went to CUBE.

The promotion poster glued to their building was BEASTs Hard to Love How to Love album cover and she had happened to be listening to Shadow on her way there. The view of just seeing that blue cube on top of the building and the labels name in bold on the face of the entrance above the video box showing advertising clips of BEAST was just breathtaking, but seeing the poster nearly made her legs weak. She could enter the same building where the members of BEAST, BTOB, 4MINUTE or even GN.A could be! Maybe practicing their dance, singing in a recording booth or could just be sitting in that café having coffee! The chances of that last one happening was low, but May doesn’t mind, she really wanted to enter one of these places before she could grow old and wrinkly and wouldn’t be able to travel.

She pushed through the door having it make a chime as she entered.  May took in the set of the place, the refreshing aura around and the air-conditioner coolly hitting her face. She took off her cap as the workers greeted her. She walked around and spotted a selection of souvenirs. Accidently letting out a squeal she shut and turned around to apologise to the workers and customers who got scared.

Walking by the numerous souvenirs in the glass cabinets she internally cried knowing she didn’t bring enough money to buy any for herself. So instead she went over to the café and ordered a Latte. They gave her an additional cardboard cup holder with Doojoons face printed on it and she tried so hard not to squeal while thinking that she is holding and touching a cup holder with his face on it. The workers thought she was crazy but in all honesty they have seen worse, at least she tried to hold it in.

She loved BEAST, it wasn’t that hard to tell. In fact, she loved CUBE, all the artist that worked there so of course it had to be the CUBE Café she visited first. Examining the photo of Doojoon, she admired it before taking a sip from the cup and burning her tongue. Moving away from the cup quickly, she calmed down from the pain but felt her tongue was weird, she sighed to herself, the latte was going to be tasteless with a burnt tongue. But she continued to drink it anyway.

Her eyes still wandered around the café, it was quite a large place, but her eyes landed on one door. The glass texture made it hard to see the other side but there was a note on it, using her Korean skills and squinting her eyes to read from the far distant she was at, the note said: Do not enter unless an employee. Or so she guessed.

She shrugged it off but there were young high school girls that sat close to the door and had their eyes glued to it, why? She wondered. Must be a popular door, she mentally joked and almost died of internally laughing at her lame joke. Calming down from her low chuckles and teary eyes she looked back up and soon became fascinated by the door. Could it be perhaps? She thought hard, she has seen that door before when watching videos of BTOB. Oh God.

That door was where the idols entered through! Oh god May could not stop staring after that.

There was a video, if she remembers correctly, Hyunsik was holding the camera and entered through the café. He signed a ‘happy birthday’ to a BEAST member and entered through THAT door! Oh my god! May almost dropped her cup that she was holding but quickly held it tight, thankfully it was half empty otherwise it would have made a mess.

Trying to mentally relax, she thought that this could really be the closest she has ever been to an idol. Calm down, calm down, she repeatedly thought. The door made a chime and it scared her temporarily calm self, nearly knocking the cup out of her hand again. Deciding that it was a bad idea holding her Latte, she placed it on the small coffee table.

Then that door opened.

Mays eyes lifted from her cup and into the vision of the high school girls silently squealing. Her eyes widen. Lee Minhyuk! Lee Minhyuk just came out of that door! Mouth wide open as large as her eyes, no words came to mind after that. She just stared at the idol who made his way to the person who had just entered the Café. The person was a male, wearing a faded pink beanie under familiar red vibrant hair. The man was wearing black sunglasses and a thin scarf over his jacket. He smiled as Minhyuk approached him. Facing away from the counter where the workers were making his order he looked at the idol, Mays heart almost had an attack when she noticed what was in his hand.

“Good to see you again!” Minhyuk greeted, smiling opening his arms for a hug but stopped when he noticed something on the other boys head, “Hey that’s mine!” he exclaimed and he snatched off the pink beanie, “So you had it!” The other boy laughed sheepishly, “Yeah, Hyunsik wanted to play around”.

As much as May wanted to pay attention to what they were going on about, she couldn’t help but look at what was in the boy’s arms. “So you brought Snowball? Hello, I’m Lee Minhyuk! This is the first time we’ve met, isn’t it?” he greeted adorably lowering his head on the same level as the puppy, May could just faint.

 

 

 

A/N

Hello, author here and I have got to say I am so, so, so sorry about not updating in so long. I had this chapter written up a while ago but I’ve been so busy with Uni that I had to stop for quite some time. This chapter hasn’t been proofread but I’m putting it up now because I think you guys have suffered enough time waiting for this (maybe not haha…)
But thank you so much for not unsubscribing! You guys are the best and I hope you continue to stick by me :) Thank you for your patience.