The Love of my Life

My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Key Notes:

RED: JONG

BLUE: MINZY

JONGIN POV

I stood there leaning against the side of the doorway, watching her from behind as she just finished cooking, seeing her walk around the kitchen, giving finishing touches to the food, to then let it cool down. My baby took her apron off, placing it down, I saw her turn back to look straight at me, it made my heart flutter in happiness, her eyes curved into a beautiful smile followed by her lips, my breathe hitched in my throat, I pushed myself off the doorway, walking towards her, staring into her eyes, I wrapped my arms around her entirely, she is the best thing that’s ever walked into my life, she is my baby, my world, and I don’t want to lose her, ever. I took her by surprise, but she would always return my affection, wrapping her arms around me tightly, breathing and taking in the scent of me, I felt her smile in my hold. How much I wanted to tell her that she meant the world to me, but it was hard for me, instead I hugged her tighter frustrated at myself for being unable to say them, ‘Baby, it’s okay. You’re the best thing that’s ever walked into my life too’ she told me, caressing my back with her hands, making me grip at her skin and my heart tighten at how she could see right through me.

I wasn’t the type to say affection and loving words, it was hard for me to express such words, but the words just wouldn’t come out when it needed to, when it was needed most. Every girl I have been with expected too much of me, I told them that I wasn’t that kind of person, they accepted it, saying that its fine, that it doesn’t matter, as long as I was there. But in the end every single one of them wanted to hear "the word" from me, they weren’t satisfied with just my actions, they wanted more, and that… I couldn’t give. They left me in the end, and which it became harder for me to express my feelings even more. Mingkki knew that I couldn’t express the things a normal guy would, and she told me that she didn’t need to hear "the word", she told me that all she needed was me, and she stayed with me. There were only a couple times I would express my feelings for Mingkki, but "the word" love wouldn’t leave my mouth.

____

She was always there for me when I needed her, even when I tried pushing her away from me.

****

Flashback

I was at a club with the boys, I had just broke it off with Mingkki, why? Because she was too good to be true, she was everything a guy needed, and I know she deserved more than me, she deserved better, and I had to let her go, so she could find someone who she deserves.

I had girls around me, trying to get my attention, talking to me cutely, touching me but the only thing that had my mind and heart was her. I tried to forget her, by drinking and dancing the night away, it didn’t work, because the person who had my attention fully, was in the same club. Mingkki was by herself, but she didn’t care, I knew she was here since the moment I walked in, and she knew I knew. She watched from afar, seeing everything I was doing, dancing with girls as they grinded upon me, touching me, talking in my ear, I let them do whatever but I never laid a hand on them. I would see guys approach, even though I broke it off with her, I love her and still do, it just always annoyed me seeing her with a guy, the tips of my mouth would twitch in anger, but she would shoo them away, and it calmed me, for now.

Mingkki was there because she was watching over me, like always, she wasn’t stalking me to make me take her back, she was making sure I wouldn’t get hurt through the night and that I would return home safely, that is what she is like, she is caring and loving till the end.

By the end of the night of was furious and jealous, the amount of guys that hit on her angered me, I would glare at the guys as some of them made her laugh and smile, but then again who was I to be angry, I just broke up with her. I wanted to leave and so I did, I knew she would follow me out, I hoped into my family car, that had waited on me to take me home, and from the corner of my eyes I saw her standing in the distance, watching me as the car door closed. I couldn’t take her with me, after what I had just done today, even when I wanted so much to apologise and take her back, she deserved better. And I wasn’t that “better” she deserved.

The car drove off, I watched her from the car side mirror, seeing the bitter smile on her face, I bit my lip clenching my fists mad and sad to see her like that, but as she turned her back on me as the car got farer, it tore my heart into pieces, I turned looking at her retreating back as she walked the opposite way as me, I grabbed at my chest, clutching at it, my lips trembled at the sight of her back, it hurt, it hurt badly.

I told the driver to turn around, so I could go after her, was she walking home, why didn’t she take a taxi, what was she thinking walking around at this time of the night, I couldn’t leave her alone any longer, I couldn’t let her go, my mind would say to let her go, but my heart was pulling at my strings telling me to go after her, and that I should have never let her go in the first place.

I didn’t see her at all walking, I got worried that maybe something happened to her, I went straight to her house to check if she was home, and there she was walking up to her door, stopping in front of it, I got out of the car, I was nervous and anxious, that maybe she wouldn’t take me back, I quietly and slowly walked up to her from behind. Then my heart dropped, as I saw my baby turn looking up to the sky, running both her hands through her hair with her eyes shut, she dropped to her knees, her face in between her arms as her hands were now placed at the back of her neck, she leant down to the ground gripping at her hair, and there I heard silent sobs turn into frustrated cries.

I walked up to her, as I cried at the sight of my baby breaking down in front of me like that, I was now standing in front of her, she didn’t see or hear me, I dropped to my knees, I completely wrapped myself around her, hugging her tightly, she flinched under me, taking a look at who it was, and once she saw me, she gasped trying to push me away, I wouldn’t let her, as I held her tightly never ever thinking of letting her go again, she gave up on pushing me away. We cried together in each other’s arms, ‘I’m sorry, Mingkki, I’m so sorry’ I told her regretfully, ‘I was wrong, I was terribly wrong, I wasn’t thinking properly’ I said crying, I thought it was best to tell her everything, ‘I thought you were too good to be true, and that you deserve better than me’ I told her with a shaky voice, ‘B-but my heart was saying otherwise’ I stuttered, as she listened to every word I was saying, ‘I love you, I love you more than the world, more than anything, more than you would ever know’ I told her, as it was the first time I expressed my love for her, in which I felt her tremble in my arms, ‘I don’t plan on letting you go ever again, so please baby don’t leave me’ I said worried she might not take me back, ‘I know it’s not fair, but please give me a chance’ I asked pleading she would forgive me, for being a stupid .

Being the pure and loving person she was, the love of my life wrapped her arms around me, letting out a deep breath, ‘Who says I deserve better, I don’t need anything or anyone else other than you’ she told me, making me sigh in relief and happiness. My baby took me back, and I promised myself that I would treat her better, giving her everything she needs, the love she deserves, to shower her with happiness for the rest of her life, ‘Thank you, Mingkki. I’m sorry for my stupid actions’ I apologised, ‘You better make up for it’ she said, ‘I will, I definitely will, for the rest of my life, I will make up for it’ I told her smiling, ‘I love you’ I told her, wanting her to know how much I cared for her, how much she was to me.

Flashback End

____

Mingkki always had my back, she knew what to say to make me feel it was okay and that everything will be fine, she knew how to make me feel as if I was the most important person in the world, and she always saw through me every time. She saw me in my worst, yet she stayed by my side, she never once made me feel insecure about my growing feelings for her, and I made sure to return all the love she gave me, but with even more. Because she was the one, and I knew she was since I laid my eyes on her.

Flashback

We were getting ready to attend my high school reunion, and of course I was taking her with me, but just as we were about to leave, I got this feeling of not wanting to go anymore, I got lazy, she knew this, because it’s not the first time, and Mingkki herself also felt like this lots of times, more than me actually. ‘I got ready, so you could change your mind?’ she asked laughing, she always found it funny when this happens, I pouted, ‘Ok, let’s go. But only for a while, we are not staying there for long, I want to come home with you and watch some One Piece’ I told her, ‘You think I want to stay there, when you’re ready to leave that’s our queue got it?’ she said, I chuckled grabbing her by the waist and pulling her in for a loving kiss, to pull out of our kiss gazing into her eyes ‘Sure do’ I told her, ‘You look beautiful’ I said, scanning her ove

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter