Telephone

Telephone

Minho POV

I ran in the pouring rain, the rain hit my face like needles prickling, my body soaking wet, I don’t care.I just wanted to get home, sitting on an over stuffed couch accompanied by a cup of hot chocolate and the strains of classical music melody.

 

“Gah, Finally.” I lay down on the couch and then took off my shoes are wet. Then I rushed to the bathroom, I'm a warm bath. It was so comfortable after feeling cold out there before. Out of the shower and get dressed, I headed to the kitchen and then make a cup of hot chocolate. After that I picked my favorite music and play it. I sips of a hot chocolate and then lay down to the couch. I almost asleep but suddenly the phone rang. “Who call this time of night?” I mumbled. I get up with half hearted. I pick up the phone. “Yeoboseyo??” I said but no answer, “Yeoboseyo??” I called again, but still no answer. “Yah, who's this? Why not answer? If you're just joking I'll hang up. You know, you are disturbing other people getting a break.” I said with annoyed tone. Then I heard someone was crying. Suddenly  I remembered the horror movies that I watched last night, I felt goose bumps.When I almost hang up the phone, I heard someone on the other line said, “ Mianhae, joengmal mianhae... I've been disturbing you.” She said while criying. Oh, I relieved. I think she’s human because she know to says sorry. “Emm, Miss. Do I know you?” silence for a moment, “Aa – aan – nnieyo.” I could hear she stop crying. “Anni?? How can you call this number?? Then why are you calling here??” I'm puzzled, why she calls me if she doesn’t know me?? “Errmm, Actually, I just dial random number.” “Mwo?? Waeyo??” I’m curious. “I just need friend to talk. I'm lonely here” her voice sounded sad. I suddenly felt sorry for her and for some reason I wanted to make her happy. “Where are you?? Where your family or your friends??” she's silent again. “I'm here alone. I have no family, I'm an orphan. My best friend was out of the country. Would you mind to chat with me on the phone?But it’s okay if you don’t.  I am sorry once again for disturbing you. Jeongmal mianhae.” “Nah, It’s okay. I’d loved to talk with you.” Aigoo, Minho. Why you said like that?? Why you want to talk with stranger?? Haiss...

“Jinca?? Oh, Gomawo.” “Ah, Ne. I was not able to sleep, by the way.” Mwooo?? Yah, Minho. What are you doing?? Are you lie?? Omo, what happend to me?? I scratched my head. I thought I was crazy, but I do not know why. At the moment I really want to talk to her.  “So what do you want to talk about??” I tried to make a conversation. “Emm, First. I want to introduce my self. Im’ Kwon Yuri.You can call me Yuri. And you?” “I’m Minho, Choi Minho.”

 

After that we start talk about each other. Everything  just flowed. We talk like we've known each other since long. We talk like no tomorrow. Unnoticed time show at 3 am. Wow, I've never chatted with someone for so long like this.“Yuri, I think it's late. You have to go to bed now. I want to sleep too, because tomorrow I have to go to work.” “ Ah, Ne. Mianhae, because it was too fun chatting until forget the time. Okay, sweet dreams, Minho. Bye.” “ Ne, Sweet dream Yuri. Bye....Oh, wait. How if I want to call you?” Ouch, Minho you too obvious. “Ne?? Errmm, I’ll call you later, in the same time. I love talk to you. You’re so fun. It’s okay if I call you?” “It’s okay. I like talk with you too.” “Okay, Bye Minho.” “Bye Yuri.”

 

Since that night,Yuri is always calling me everyday at the same hour. Slowly we became close friends, little by little I began to know who she was, what she likes and dislikes, I also began to share my story even a secret that I've saved from other people. Somehow I feel comfortable with her and I feel she was trustworthy friend. But strangely, she did not say where she lives and  she also never wanted to be invited to meet. Maybe she was feels shy, but I really wanted to meet her. I don’t care if she’s ugly or fat. I just wanted to meet her, she makes a smile through out the day, a person who always I miss her voice, someone who makes me laugh when she laughed, too, someone is always singing a song for me before I go to sleep and someone from her voice has made me fall in love.Tonight I should be able to invite her to meet, it should be. 

 

“Yuri, This has been for 5 months. But why do you still have not let me to meet you?” I dared to ask her. I could hear her sighed, “Minho,how many times I have to say, I do not want us to meet each other. This was enough.” “But Yuri, I really want to meet you. This wasn’t enough. I want to see your eyes when you talk, I want to see your face when you smile, I want to hold your hand and hug you when you feel sad. So far I can only imagine and fantasize about you. Every morning I wake up at all that happened like a dream, not real. But Yuri, I know you're real, you're there. That's why I want to see you.Please Yuri.” I begged her. She doesn’t answer, she’s just silent. “Yuri??” I called her but no answer and then I heard she was crying. “Yuri, Gwaenchanayo??” still no answer. “Geuraeyo, Yuri. I will not force you again. Forgive me. Jeongmal mianhae.” Although I really wanted to meet her but if it makes her uncomfortable I will not force her.“Mianhae Minho-ah, actually I also want to see you, but when we meet will only hurt each other later.” “What do you mean??” I’m confused. Why could hurt each other later?? I buried my face on my palm. “I can’texplain it now, Minho. You will know later.” I let deep sighed, “Alright, Arraso.” I gave up. Then I tried to talk as usual, I do not want our relationship to be awkward. I tried to forget about the problems earlier. Although I still feel curious, but I do not want to Yuri feel uncomfortable.

 

But after that night Yuri did not call me anymore. Is he mad at me?? Yuri forgives me. Please call me, I miss you. Already a month she did not call me, I wanted to contact her but I do not know how. Then I have the idea to ask for a list of callers who call my phone number, at the telecommunications company. And I got it. And I got her number, I immediately call that number. No answer, I called again still no answer. But I don’t want to give up, I tried again. And...