Persuading Miss Unpopular

Serving Miss Unpopular

 

 

 

 

"Good morning, My Lady..." Rio saw the figure of a familiar boy standing outside the school gates as if waiting for her to appear. The slightly taller boy smiled brightly at her and kissed the surface of her hand as a sign of deep respect. All the students making their way inside the school grounds stopped and eyed the couple. 
Realising this, Rio immediately pulled her hand out of Ryosuke's reach with a blushed face.

 


It's been 4 days and every single morning, Rio is greeted by this handsome guy right in front of their school. 

 

"What the heck are you doing?"

 

"Well, I would've picked you up from your house but you still haven't given me your address" Ryosuke's voice sounded betrayed. He pulled off his puppy dog eyes as if begging for his 'master' for something. 

 

"I told you, you don't have to do this! You have no idea how all the girls in our class hates me now!" 

 

"Then let me protect you..." Ryosuke insisted. The way Rio rejects everything he does somehow just makes him more persistent. He suddenly found it interesting to find a girl not hopelessly in love with him unlike everybody else.

 

Rio noticed his eyes staring directly at her which was almost enough to make her melt. 

 

"At least let me carry your bag..."

 

--

 

"So... How's being a 'butler' going?" Keito teased the younger boy who seems to be slumping down on his chair in exhaustion. He patted his shoulder before joining his friends to their usual hang out place.

 

"I'm in the verge of giving up... That girl doesn't even want me around. I'm not used to that" Ryosuke started... "Every time I appear in front of her, she hides away from me. And she even gets angry whenever I help her! Girls are impossible!!" He left out a moan and continued to slump his head on the surface of his table. Chinen, Keito and Daiki on the other hand just gave off a chuckle.

 

"It seems like you found your match ne?" Daiki pointed out... "You didn't even know her existence before and now, you're dying to get her attention" 
Ryosuke is never good with names. Despite the fact that Rio was in his class since the beginning of term, he doesn't know a single thing about his 'lady' - a complete stranger. 

 

"That's true. Do you even know anything about her?" Chinen asked curiously, enough to make Ryosuke alert. 

 

"Hmm... No. Do you?" 

 

"Of course! She's been in our class since the beginning! How can you not know your own classmates?!" Ryosuke heard Chinen's reply, making him more miserable. All this time, he's been distracted by other girls confessing to him and didn't even have the chance to notice Rio - his new 'master'... "She seems unpopular though. She doesn't really interact much" 

 


Ryosuke had the urge to lift his head up and vigilantly listen to Chinen who seems to be the only person in the group who knows about everything around him. 

 


"How do I get to know her?" Ryosuke asked and expected a decent answer from his three companions. Silence filled the place until one genius voice called out.

 

"Maybe you should ask her for a date..." Keito proclaimed his idea, making Ryosuke's face light up. A smile immediately grew on his face - determined to ask Rio out. 

 

"You're a genius Keito!!" The smaller boy replied enthusiastically and attempted to go to carry out his plan. Yet, before going through the narrow door of the rooftop, he heard one of his friends call out his name.

 

"Are you sure you won't end up falling in love with this girl?" Daiki asked.

 

"Don't worry, I'm never gonna fall for anyone besides Mirai-chan..." Ryosuke waved his hand and within split second disappeared into the corridor. 

 

---

 

"Rio-chan..." Ryosuke jumped out of nowhere and startled the living day light out of the girl who just popped inside their classroom. He immediately beamed his widest smile as if planning something cunning. Yet, as soon as Rio saw his complexion, she immediately turned around and avoided his gaze.

 

After seeing this, Ryosuke quickly blocked her way and stopped her from making another step. He then pulled Rio outside the room in order to get some privacy. "Chotto!! Why are you running away from me?" 

 

"Because you scared the heck out of me!!" 

 

"I was waiting for you..." Ryosuke replied and unconsciously held Rio's arm to prevent her from running away again... "Are you free on Sunday?" 

 

"No..." Rio said resoundingly without even having second thoughts. 

 


"Ehh?" The rejected guy left off a pout before seeing Rio fidgeting with the piece of paper on her hand. The girl seems to be nervous for some reason as she scanned the whole classroom full of people not so far away. Ryosuke could've sworn he heard the girl gulp in nervousness... "Are you okay? You seem tense..."

 

"I'm.... Nervous...." Rio started and bit her lower lip as a sign of worry. 

 

"What's wrong?"

 

"Sensei told me to talk in front of everyone to persuade them to attend the study camp next week." The girl explained. You see, Rio is one of the few students who was granted a scholarship in school and in order for her to stay, she needs to maintain her grades and do odd jobs for the teachers.

 

"So? What's the problem?" The clueless boy asked before feeling a set of hands grabbing him painfully by his arm. 

 

"The problem is... I can't talk to crowds!!!" She sighed in defeat and soon enough loosened her tight grasp on Ryosuke's nearly bruising skin... "And I'm sure they won't listen to me"

 

Ryosuke in turn smiled and patted her head. His hand landed on her shoulder before leaning down to her level and kissed her forehead... "There's nothing wrong asking me for some help" he said calmly, enough for Rio to feel a hot sensation travelling on her cheeks. 

 

"You want to help me?" Rio looked up and saw her life saviour. Come to think of it, Ryosuke is the best man for the job. He's one of the most popular boys at their campus after all.


"I'm your Butler, deshou?" He left off his evil smirk and soon enough wrapped his arm around Rio's shoulder... "In one condition... You have to agree to go out with me this Sunday" 

 

"I KNEW YOU HAVE A HIDDEN AGENDA!" Rio tried to shift her head away from Ryosuke's shoulder. However, Ryosuke was quick enough to place his index finger on the surface of her lips to indicate silence. 

 

"So... Is that a 'YES'?"

 

"You're crazy!" Rio freed herself from his capture and shot him her famous death glares.

 

"Maa~ it's up to you then... Good luck persuading everyone" The girl watched him calmly walk slowly towards the room as if waiting for the girl to change her mind... "It's such a shame, Sensei will be very disappointed if no one comes to the study camp next week" he continued to tease the girl and enjoyed her torture. 

 


He was about to take another step towards the classroom but heard Rio's voice calling out for him which indicated his success.

 

"Wait!!" Rio called out... "I... I might be free on Sunday..." Rio uttered and soon enough saw a grinning Yamada Ryosuke in front of her... "So can you please help me with this?!!"

 

"As you please, boss..." 

 

---

 

"Here..." Ryosuke handed Rio the same piece of paper they were holding earlier. He watched the girl scan through its surface and waited for her reaction. 

 

Suddenly....

 

"EVERYONE SIGNED UP??!!!" Yamada saw her delighted face and just couldn't help but to feel overwhelmed by her subtle smile. Rio then jumped up and down excitedly before grabbing Ryosuke for a hug... "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!" Yamada felt her arms hanging loosely around his neck along with her body pressing against his... 

 

"Rio-chan, Cup B?" Rio heard Ryosuke softly uttered.

 

"Huh?" 

 

"Am I wrong? Moshikae, Cup A" Ryosuke insensitively said and looked at Rio's chest area. This was enough to make the poor girl take a step back and fought the urge to throw Ryosuke out the window.

 

--

 

"YOU !!!" Ryosuke heard Rio shouted before feeling a striking pain on his face. If you look closely, you could even see Rio's hand print on its surface. It wasn't long when he saw his 'master' storming out the room with a tint of crimson evident on her face.