Addict

Viva La Cattus

Hongbin shivers. He pulls the blanket tighter around his body. He walks down the hall toward his room. He stares at the ground, not noticing where he's going. He hits another, falling to the ground.
"Sorry," Hongbin whispers, looking up at the blond cat.
"No, I'm sorry. I'm still trying to learn my way around this place," he states, helping him up.
"You're Sanghyuk, right? The earless cat," Hongbin asks.
"Yeah," the blond states, pulling the black beanie further down on his head.
"Sorry," Hongbin says again.
"And you're," Sanghyuk starts, clicking his tongue after.
"Hongbin," the brunet states, pulling his blanket closer around his body.
"Right, you were in the kitchen when I first came here," Sanghyuk remembers.
"I don't remember you. Sorry. I was having a bad day that day," Hongbin states, shivering slightly.
"What happened?" The blond asks. The brunet shakes his head, and walks around him.
"Follow me. Yours and Wonshik's room is beside Jaehwan's and mine," Hongbin states, continuing on. Sanghyuk turns, and follows him. The brunet's hands shake, and his tail sinks low.
"Are you alright?" The blond asks, catching up to him.
"I'm just cold," Hongbin states, pulling the blanket closer.
"How? It's warm today," Sanghyuk questions, and Hongbin shakes his head.
"I'm always cold," Hongbin whispers, staring at the ground. They continue on, as Hongbin starts to shake through his legs.
"Are you sure you're alright?" Sanghyuk reassures, looking at him.
"I just really want something, and I know I can't have it. It just hurts, and it's so cold," the brunet cat whispers, his tail curling around his stomach.
"What can't you have?" The blond asks, staring at him. He pauses, and stares at his slight reflection in the floor.
"Do you know what breeder cats are?" Hongbin whispers. The blond cat strains to hear it.
"The prettiest and handsomest cats who are forced together to mate, and create the next generation to sell," Sanghyuk states, mindlessly. He blinks his eyes, and looks to Hongbin. "You were one, weren't you?"
"Yeah." The brunet's voice shakes, as he looks up at him. The blond moves slowly, and awkwardly wraps his arms around him. Hongbin leans in, and his ears tickle Sanghyuk's neck. The blond cat starts rubbing the brunet cat's back.
"Why are you so cold?" Sanghyuk whispers, feeling Hongbin's tears on his neck. His tail wraps around him.
"They made us take so many heat drugs. I'm so messed up. When Hakyeon saved me, he managed to get some for me. They didn't last long," Hongbin whispers into Sanghyuk's neck. "I was forced to impregnate so many female cats. It's all such a blur. Face after face under me, as I attempted to remove the heat. They were just as messed up as me, we were all reaching that same goal."
"You'll get better," Sanghyuk mutters, causing Hongbin to shake his head.
"I'm so messed up. I crave those pills so much," the brunet cat whispers. Sanghyuk pulls him closer, and starts scratching behind his ears. Hongbin purrs lightly, and snuggles closer into his neck.
"When was the last time you had a heat cycle?" Sanghyuk asks, continuing to scratch.
"A natural one? My first, over ten years ago. One natural, then all the drugs," Hongbin states, pulling away.
"Oh," Sanghyuk utters. Hongbin nods, and pulls his blanket around his body again. He walks down the hall, with the blond following behind him again. They reach the two doors, and Hongbin gestures to one.
"There is your room," Hongbin whispers, walking across the hall.
"Hey," Sanghyuk yells, and Hongbin turns to him. "You'll be alright, right?"
"Maybe one day," Hongbin replies, entering his room. Sanghyuk exhales, and enters his own.
Hongbin walks to his bed, and goes under the mountain of blankets. He pulls one closer, pulling its plug into the wall. Heat circulates through it, and he hums contently. He thinks back to his brief conversation with Sanghyuk.
He wishes he didn't have to repeat the story; his story. He curls into a ball, thinking deeper and darker thoughts.
"Hongbin?" Said man looks up to his golden haired roommate, snapping out of his thoughts.
"Hello Jaehwan," Hongbin greets, staring back down mindlessly at a space heater.
"Bad day?" Jaehwan asks, sitting beside him.
"I told that blond cat, Sanghyuk, my story. I hate remembering," the brunet confesses, curling tighter.
"It will get better," the golden-haired cat promises.
"When?" Hongbin asks, looking up at him.
"I don't know," Jaehwan confesses, reaching out to grab his hands. Hongbin curls into his warmth, and closes his eyes.
"I want to be warm," the brunet cat states, breathing slowly.
"I know," Jaehwan whispers, rubbing his hands.
"I want to do something," Hongbin confesses, opening his eyes again.
"You can, really soon," Jaehwan states, as his tail circles his friend.
"What?" The brunet questions, his ears poking up in interest.
"Hakyeon got word from Amber. She's coming back from a breeders. She said that she has fifteen coming with her, twelve females and three males," Jaehwan states, smiling brightly.
"Breeder cats?" Hongbin breathes, looking up at him.
"Yeah. Hakyeon talked about it with the more powerful cats. You're the only breeder left from your group. They believe that you'd be the best to help them," the golden-haired cat explains, smiling brightly. "Of course nothing has been confirmed, and Amber has to get here with them."
Hongbin blinks. The thought of other cats like him, cats who've been in the same instance as him, frightens him. He curls tighter, and looks up at Jaehwan.
"I'd help them," Hongbin whispers, smiling weakly. Jaehwan smiles back, and starts to stand.
"Good," the golden-haired hybrid states. Hongbin tugs on his arm.
"Will you stay with me?" The brunet cat asks, looking up with pleading eyes.
"Sure," Jaehwan agrees, slipping under the covers with him. Hongbin curls into Jaehwan's neck, their tails wrapping around each other. Hongbin's ears tickles Jaehwan's neck. The brunet cat falls asleep, content and warm.
Jaehwan is happy to be chosen to stay.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Chapter 2, Hongbin's. Progess and an update. Oh, and a title! Now, who wants to make a poster for me? Please? (-<) <3 ^_^