Part 4

What Does The Future Hold (DON'T DOUBT MY LOVE'S SEQUEL)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aom Amm POV

          Today is Kimhan’s birthday and as it has been planned with her little daughter during  the day we did paint the mural for the nursery, we are going to do a birthday surprise for her. I wonder how this little girl could be this smart and thoughtful. She is just a four – year – old girl but she has the ability to think and act two years ahead of her age far more different from the other children. Can I have the tips from her Mummy? What kind of meals she ate when she carried this little girl in her pregnancy?

 

            Now, we are at the resort. I am not really familiar with this place but little Sushar told me that this is her Grandpa’s resort. Her family is undeniable wealthy right? We have planned the surprise with her Uncle Zee and Aunty Jane. It comes to my knowledge that her Uncle Zee is a tom too! What a family Kimhan has? It’s kinda weird for me but it doesn’t matter. They didn’t cause any harm to me and in fact I really wonder how they could sustain this kind of relationship.

 

            As far as I could say, I have spent a lot of time together with this family since the previous months. I can’t help myself of not showing  my affection towards the little Sushar. Day by day, it is not only her to be overly attached to me, I am overly attached to her too. All I know I love this child. I love this child as if she is my own daughter. Why is that? I can’t explain to myself either. Everything happens between me and Kim’s family is somewhat an arranged occassion but no one ever knows what is the significants of it. I always have this in my mind ; what does the future hold for us? Until now, I can’t figure out the answer.

 

*****

 

            “Mummy, what are you thinking of?” The little Sushar crawled up to Aom Amm’s lap and place herself safely around the lady’s arms. Aom Amm who is a bit startle with the little girl’s sudden appearance smile secretly. She hopes this little one didn’t see her startled face.

 

            “Nothing dear. I am waiting for you.” Aom Amm wrapped her hands even tighter around the petite little girl. The little Sushar can’t help herself but giggling happily with Aom Amm’s action.

 

            “You smell so nice.” Aom Amm kissed the little one on her cheek. Sushar is so cute in her white princess – like dress. She deserved to be called princess. Her cuteness is overload, her brunette hair added the the charm on her look while her beautiful smile  could melt everyone’s heart. When ever she curled her lips into a smile, you won’t see anything but feel the peace in her pearly innocent face.

 

            “Mummy is beautiful too.” Little Sushar giggled her fruity laughter. She purposely cupped Aom Amm’s face and kissed that lady on her lips. “Muahh.” She expressed all of her love affection towards the lady.

 

            “Really? You too, dear. Just like a princess.” Aom Amm said her genuine compliment to the little girl.

 

            “And Mummy is the Queen.” Sushar added. “While Papa is the King.” She chuckled. Just like every other girls, this little one must has been exposed to every fairytale princess story. She has wide imagination within each of the characters.

 

            “Ladies, get ready for the surprise.” Zee came out of nowhere abruptly disturbed their good moment.

 

“Papa is here?” Little Sushar asked to her ‘Uncle’. Her face looks so bright just to know that her Papa is coming.

 

“Yes, princess. Your Papa will be here in no minutes. Hurry up.” Zee winked to her and then left.

 

            “Alright. Let’s go dear.” Aom Amm said. The little girl nodded  and she let her down carefully.

 

*****

            “Sshhh.” Kim is coming. Jane informed them as she tiptoed back to their hiding place slowly. Every step she made is a careful one, not letting herself to be tracking by Kim.

 

            “Where is everybody?” They heard Kim asked to the empty space. The tom seemed puzzled with the situation. No one could be seen around the reserved restaurant. She thinks she has been fooled by her cousin, Zee.

 

            “Ready?” Zee whispered to the gang. All of them nodded showing that they are ready to surprise Kim.

 

            “Happy birthday to you..Happy birthday to you..Happy birthday to Kimhan..Happy birthday to you.” They came out from their hiding place while singing the birthday song for Kim. Zee is the one who holds the cake. Following her from the back is Jane, little Sushar and also Aom Amm.

 

            “Woah!” Kim is in her utmost surprise to see her family and what more surprising is  Aom Amm is there for her birthday celebration too.

 

            “Blow the candle and make your wish.” Jane reminded Kim as she noticed Kim stone in awe, staring unblinkingly to Aom Amm. Distracted by Jane’s saying, the tom makes her way to blow the candles and soon she closed her eyes, praying all her wishes.

 

            “Happy birthday Pa. I bring Mummy too.” Little Sushar comes to her Papa’s side with Aom Amm. She wore a big smile on her face. A happiness smile she ever has since ever she met Aom Amm.

 

            “Thank you, my little princess. Come, let Papa hug you.” Kim knelt down and spreads her arms to the little girl. As usual, the little girl is always comfortable in her Papa’s embrace and not to forget, the kiss of a princess to her Papa.

 

            “I love you, Papa. This is your birthday gift.” Little Sushar took out a small envelope from her sling bag.

 

            “Wow! My princess has a birthday present for me.” Kim spreads her toothy smile on her face. Gladly she takes the precious present from her daughter and hold it carefully.

 

            “Can I have a look on it right now?” Kim scanned the envelope from edge to edge. Everybody knows its content. It must be a card or something but still, Kim shows to her daughter that she really eager to figure out  the mysterious content of the envelope.

 

            “No. You can have a look for  it later.” The little girl took the envelope from Kim’s hand and put it into her Papa’s shirt’s pocket. Little Sushar is a secretive person too, just like her Mummy, Pie.

 

            “This is from me. Happy birthday to you.” Aom Amm stepped forward and handed Kim a rectangular box which is  elligently  wrapped in plain maroon gift’s wrap rounded by sparkling gold ribbon. It look exquisite. Aom Amm really has a high taste in her preference.

 

            “Thank you.” Kim gaily  took the present from Aom Amm. She just super excited with the present for no reason. Perhaps it is because the present is from Aom Amm? She couldn’t explain it either.

 

 “You look beautiful tonight.” Kim can’t help herself of not praising Aom Amm’s beauty in her white dress. Her brunette hair brushed against her shoulder like fine Chinese silk as she turned to look to Kim straight into her eyes. Time seemed to stop momentarily, only two souls exist.

 

            “Thank you.” Aom Amm smiled shyly and her face turned red out of sudden. She can feel everybody noticed it.

 

            “Love is in the air.” Zee interrupt, still with her naughty manner.

 

            “Honey! Don’t tease them.” Jane whispered half scolding. Her hands has already slided to Zee waist and pinched it with a hint of  not to disturb Kim’s moment.

 

            “Ouch. It’s painful darling.” Zee whined as she rubbed the burning area of her waist because of the pinch from her beloved wife. That is a punishment she gets when ever she did something wrong – something wrong to Jane’s perception but not hers.

 

            “Happy birthday Kim. This is from us.” Jane gave Kim a small black box, ignoring Zee who still complaining for the unfair punishment.

 

            “Come here buddy. Give me a hug. You’re getting old huh?” Zee drew Kim close for a hug. The two cousin are so closed even after they get married. The unbreakable bond.

 

            “By the way, your Papa, Mama and P’Air say happy birthday to you. They are so sorry that they couldn’t join us today.” Zee informed Kim. Mr and Mrs.Jittaleela are on their vacation while P’Air is busy as usual with her out station.

 

            “I knew it.” Kim nodded. Her family is just too busy to spend time together.

 

            “Papa, let’s eat our dinner right now. I am hungry.” The little one tucked her Papa’s shirt, trying to get the attention from Kim. All eyes turned to look to the little Sushar. She pouted her lips with frown on her face, expressing how her stomach fight in hunger.

 

            “Alright dear. I guess you have chose the best menu for tonight?” Kim lifted up her little daughter and carries the little one in her arms.

 

            “Mummy is the one who chose it for us Pa.” Little Sushar blurted. Kim automatically diverted her eyes to Aom Amm who seems quite since Zee teased them, the lady’s face is still red with her shyness.

 

            “Well, let’s see your Mummy’s taste.” Kim lead the way to the dining table ready to judge Aom Amm’s taste and preference.

 

*****

            “Oh, I am so full.” Kim felt like her stomach is going to explode.

 

            “You eat a lot Pa.” Little Sushar giggled while handing a glass of water to her Papa.

 

            “The meal is so good.” Kim said. “Your Mummy is so good in choosing the meal.” Kim steals a glance to Aom Amm who is still munching her dessert. Aom Amm didn’t look to her. Probably still shy with the earlier incident.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter