001

Lalala
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“… It’s been a long time,

You were still beautiful when I saw you by chance,

The guy next to you seems good,

Never let go his hold…"

 

“Yya!! Wake up!!” I groan as I hear a shrill voice echoed my room. I placed my pillow covering my head so it can lessen up her annoying voice comes to my hearing system. Man, I was drunk and I don’t know what time I fell asleep. All I know was sore feeling attacking my body, “WAKE UP, LEE JONG!!”

 

“For God’s sake, Jiminnie!!! I need you to stop this!!” I shouted with my husky voice while I try my best to keep my eyes shut. But this little evil never allowed me to do so. Her tiny hands start to hit my body repeatedly.

 

“No! It’s afternoon already and you’re still spoiling your lazy as off?! If only Yong Oppa was here or Minhyukkie doesn’t have a date with his girlfriend or Jungshinnie doesn’t need to visit his mother, I swear to God that I will never come here to wake you up!!” She rant like there’s no tomorrow. She was like attending a course which helps you on how to make people pissed off by ruining their perfect sleeping time. 

 

Her voice definitely made my head hurts. Apparently the wine I drank last night still got me taken by its effect. I rub my temple as I decided to change my position from sleeping to sitting since this little evil won’t stop her aggression if I didn’t want to wake up. Well, my room mate seems like tired for waking me up. I open my eyes slowly and blinking few times in my sulky mode once I saw her standing up with arms akimbo before me. She’s cute. But her annoying shrill voice makes me getting distempered. And this little evil reminds me of someone. Someone I used to have in my arms, someone I used to share my love, someone I used to miss with, someone I used to hug with, someone I used to kiss with.

 

But sadly, she doesn’t mine anymore.

And saddest, I still can’t get over her while she has moved on with a new guy.

The guy from her past, her sunbae.

And that was because of my mistakes.

 

I feel a warm feeling around my body. This little evil so called Shin Jimin hugged me low and my back gently. I sigh in defeat as I put my head on her shoulder powerlessly. We stay still for about seven minutes I think, before she starts to play her role as my best friend. No, we don’t have that kind of relationship―where I’m in love with my best friend and vice versa. Because Jimin is what I call little monster and I vow to God that I will never fall in love to a monster. What? Do you want to laugh? Just laugh as much as you can! We had been through lots of things together since we were young. We moved to Seoul once we enrolled Seoul National University. She chose her path to be a lawyer and I chose mine to be an architect. I live with my roommates, why? Because I hate to live alone while she lives with her friends―her y friends I used to flirt with before I met her―my love. I know this Jimin well, so does her. She is lovely but can be all witty and wise at the same time. Don’t get me wrong, we’re frenemies―friends and enemies.

 

“It’s been three months, Jjong.” Well, there won’t be honorifics among us. We dropped it a long time ago and I cool with that. I cringed over her words realizing that we are no longer together. ‘We’ means Yoona and I.

 

“I miss her.” I whisper, “… badly.”

 

“I know.” She muttered. There, our atmosphere turns melancholy but I need this. I need these comforting words from her.

 

“I’m a bad guy.” I buried my face on the crook of her neck.

 

“I know.” Shin Jimin is acting like my mother. I even can barely act like this towards my own mother. Well, this little evil is just like a chameleon. She can put herself well at different mood and situations like water following its place.

 

“I hurt her.” I can feel warm liquid dripped out of my eyes. Hell yes, I cry. I cry my heart out when I don’t have anything to do and I don’t have friends to be with. The world may saw me live really well but I’m dying inside. I’m dying because I was so stupid to let go of her hand.

 

I’m a bad guy, baby.

 

“It had happened. No more reasons to be guilty. You can’t go back to the past.” She is right. She is so damn right. You see? She can be this wise yet some minutes ago being a really annoying brat.

 

“I know. That’s why.” This is the time I hate the most. A time when I’m being this weak like I lost my power after I let her go. Darn, woman! Why do you have such a big impact in my life?! I still don’t get it. I hate this, but I can do nothing.

 

She broke the hug, “Wow, I never knew that the famous cold city guy as known as the most eligible bachelor in town, a hot guy without even trying, a heart-breaker just with a nonchalant stare will break down right before my nose. Wanjon daebak!!” She looked at me in disbelief before showing off her toothy smile, mocking on me. DAMN YOU, Shin Jimin! I’ll make you pay for this!! I hissed in my mind.

 

But now, I really don’t care if she wanted to make fun of me or whatever she felt like to do. I mused as I can’t hide my absentminded face. My eyes most definitely glimmering with sadness and that was bloody pathetic. She wipes the trace of my tears and let out a hearty chuckle, “Stop being silly. You are Lee Jonghyun, a cold city guy. But now, who are you? You are not Lee Jonghyun!! Who are you?!! Give me back my idiot brother!!” She shakes my body while hitting my upper arms harshly and then laughed her off. Dear God, what did I do in the past that I have this little evil as my best buddy?!

 

I get irritates of her acts and it waken up the monster inside me, ugh, just.. a little. I shout at her, “YYAAAA!!! GET OUT!!”

 

She burst in laughter to see me fully awake now with these angry bird eyebrows. Seriously, why she didn’t feel scared at all?! She takes my hands forcefully and pushing me to the bathroom. I hear a click sound from the door once I got into this bathroom after the door being closed. Damn it! That little evil shouts with her shrill voice, “You have to finish in ten minutes if you wanted me to open the door, LEE JONG!! I’ll show you a sweet cake shop so you can taste how it feels like to be happy again, do you hear that?!!!”

 

“OH SHUT UP, YOU MONSTER!!” I shout back in defeat. Well, who will help me to come against this attractive, mischievous, evil girl? Just call me.

 

I finished freshen up in a short time. There, she was rummaging my closet while murmuring something like I don’t have proper clothes. All I have is just kind of t-shirt and jeans, all in dark color. Or even if I have colorful t-shirts, it were from those girls whom willingly throwing their bodies over me. I’ve barely gotten myself to go shopping for clothes because I don’t really care what’s nice for me to wear. She turned her body and threw some clothes to me and it’s succeeded to land on my face. Nice, Shin Jimin, “Wear it. You have to look handsome so girls will line up to be your girlfriend and you can move on.”

 

She stormed out of my room, leaving me all dumbfounded by her random acts. I hold white plain t-shirt, blue jeans which stained by white coloration, and black leather jacket made me looks like a brutal mafia. Well, thanks to you, little evil. I like it tough. I smirk to see my reflection at the mirror. But this kind of style, once again, brought me to the past, where I told her that I like girls wearing white shirt, and she―Yoona, granted my wish by wearing it. And she’s just simply perfect in white. Man, how I miss her badly!!    

 

Shin Jimin, the only little evil here is dragging me to a cake shop. A cake shop we used to visit at our very first date. ‘We’ means Yoona and I. Ouch, shot! This Jimin hit a jackpot. All memories came up like a big flood and it overwhelmed me in a bad way. We were officially dating here, and ended up our relationship was also here. Here, at Sugar Street Sweets Cake Shop. Yes, looks like I wasn’t good at choosing my fate. How on earth I chose such a lovely name of place? Sugar Street Sweets. That’s how love supposed to be. But look at me now, at us. We go separate ways because of my ing mistakes. I feel my back being pushed harshly. Who else? Of course that little evil. She pushed me to our favorite seat at the corner of the cake shop, near the huge window. ‘Our’ means Yoona and I. Who else?

 

“Why are we here?” I voice out after I recklessly show off my idiotic face to him. Screw me! This will be amusing her that much.

 

“I don’t know. Just… I think you need your caffeine.” Jimin shrugged her shoulder nonchalantly while open up a menu book and write down our drinks. She knows what I’ll order without I have to tell her what I want.

 

I chuckle a little, “Well, are you trying to make fun of me by dragging me here? You know exactly what happened with us yet you still drag me to this place. Are you insane?” I ranted in annoyance. Don’t try to look at me in the eyes if you don’t want to see a monster inside me when I’m angry. But this little evil was so keen on staring at me and smirking as if she was underestimated me.

 

“Why? Are you afraid to face up the truth?” She raised her right brow to get my answer. Her head then turned to the coffee stall and raised her hand to call the waitress.

 

“Look, Jiminnie. This is not something you can make fun of me. I don’t mind if you always mess up with me but now I’m so done with this !” I hate to admit it. She is right. She got the point. But man, I’m a man and I can’t show that I’m dying inside. But in front of he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter