One

1412

Being a young detective has its perks, you just can't seem to stop yourself correcting people's mistakes. Well, before going any further, let me introduce myself. The name's Kwon Yuri, Detective Kwon Yuri. As one of my famous character likes to say, "The little things are infinitely important." And what's the point of being clever when you can't prove it, right??

Well, as for me starting the day as usual, "Inspector, this is the criminal that you have been looking for." Well, it's always a boring case to start with, I can't even grind my gears with such simple cases. I want more…"Call me when you have a real case for me."

So boring…

As I was on the way home to exercise more for my brain or in other words reading case files ,I got a call from someone, oh it's Siwon.

"How are you my friend??"

"Well…"

"You wanna go out and eat??"

"How'd you know?"

"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"You and your deductions again… I am starting to think that you can read minds you know."

"Well, old habits die hard my friend. See you in an hour at the usual place??"

"Be there in 15 minutes, order the usual."

 

**

"Don't tell me you've been walking with that expression on your face" Siwon said with a smirk on his face.

"Speak for yourself, you've been eating like an animal before I even got here, oppa." With a glimpse of annoyance in Yuri's voice.

"What??!! Of course not, I'm elegant and a gentleman."

Wow a boastful man you are… "What's that then??" I gestured my hand pointing at the splattered sauce of spaghetti on his white shirt while sitting down.

"What??Oh… Hehe…Sorry,I guess I was just really hungry." While he makes that annoyingly innocent face of his. "Well at least I ordered your favourite~~"

A waiter came to our table and served my favourite dish, as if he knows what's my favourite anyway… "How did you…" Poker face Yuri, you can't show your weakness.

"How's Bibimbap for you,huh?? Your favourite right?? I think living with you has its advantage" Siwon spoke proudly like he had won some award.

"You wish… so how's your day?" Happily gulping down her bibimbap.

"Well my day was normal I guess, saving lives as usual."

"Like Superman." She asked.

"Not like that you idiot, just saving people in the OR. Today's cardiac arrest was the scariest, we almost lost him… thank god we were able to save him at the nick of time. How's yours??"

"Mine was definitely boring… don't even get me started with it… uughh… the cases are too easy to solve… I want murder cases… not some lost boy, that we got to find…" Yuri uttered trying to make it as interesting as Siwons'

"At least you found the kid and the criminal right?? It's not THAT bad." Trying to cheer Yuri up.

They continued eating in a restaurant overlooking the Banpo Bridge which had a nice view, and the relaxing aura that the restaurant gives out was just spectacular. While they were succumb by the good food the restaurant was giving, Yuri's phone rang.

"Yuri, I got a case for you that you might want to look into." A familiar voice spoke to her, it was the Inspector of the KNPA(Korean National Police Agency) Seoul Division, Song Jihyo. A woman with intelligence and a funny character when it comes to her assistant.

"A murder case I assume."

"Well, you assume correctly, Detective. I'll send you the location, see you there." And the phone call ended.

"Another case?" Siwon asked.

"Yeah, a murder case. It's gonna be a long day Oppa, wanna come??" Yuri asked.

"Of course."

And there they were going on an adventure, where you might not know where it leads, but that's the fun part, that was what Yuri always thought.

**

The morning was peaceful, Inguk was having the time of his life. He had a nice but a fan girl of HOT wife, Jeong Eunji. They were having their favourite morning breakfast, well breakfast in bed to be precise. He likes the simplest dish whenever they are having breakfast in bed, tteokbokki.

"Here's your breakfast for today, honey~~ your favourite." Eunji served him with a complementary aegyo.

"What~~ This again~~ Are there no other food than this??" He said with an annoying tone.

"Hey!! I made this for you and I prepared it since yesterday, you know that!!" she yelled while pinching her husband.

"OUCH!!! That hurts~~ You always pinched me since we were kids… look at all the bruises you gave me~~"

"That's for criticizing your favourite food. I am going to go out and buy some stuff at the grocery shop, I'll be back in 45 minutes." Eunji replied while getting herself ready to go out.

"Be careful, out there. I'll be waiting for my beautiful wife here~~"

Eunji went out with a hint of blush on her face, she has always fallen for Inguk's way of melting her heart.

As Inguk was enjoying his favourite tteokbokki while his finger, an unknown person with a mask came into the room with a gun equipped with a silencer. I know this guy, he looks familiar  he thought. Before he could say anything, he was shot in the stomach.

Inguk could barely move, he was feeling too much pain; he couldn't even get out from bed or even try to fight back. As the killer tried to come closer, Inguk tried to reach out anything that he could grasp.

He grabbed the plate of ttoekbokki from earlier and smashed it on the killer's head with full force. The killer felt dizzy for a moment but to no avail the killer approached him closer and pulled a knife out.

I love you Eunji, for all my life. I wish we could be together for eternity but this is the end of the road for me. I hope you'll be happy and live your life to the fullest. I'll see you soon, my wife. That was his last thought.

**

The location of the crime scene was in Yongsan, not far from the restaurant, it was just 40 minutes away. Yuri always had that outfit when she goes out investigating; her comfort raw denim trench coat and her fedora hat. As normal as it is, people tend to gawk at the way Yuri dressed, she was called the Black Pearl Yuri for a reason.

They drove to the location as fast as they could, you know like those movies during the car heist scene. The adrenaline rush that Yuri felt was unbearable, she kept smiling throughout the journey, At last~~A murder case~~ she thought.

As they arrived at the scene, they met the Inspector and she briefed her through about the details."The victim's name is Seo Inguk, age 27, 180cm, 68kg, blood type B, and he works as a Managing Director of Shinhan Financial Group. He was  shot and stabbed multiple times."

As they walked into walked into the house, Yuri saw a woman crying her eyes out. Must be her wife she thought. As they move towards the crime scene, Yuri's adrenaline rush was going haywire; she was like a little kid going to a playground. It was the 1st murder case in months and she got to show her skills again.

While Yuri was looking around for clues, she saw something  weird. The victim was clenching something in his hand, as she looked closer, it looked like a piece of paper.

"Hey, come here for a moment." Yuri called out to one of the forensic officers named Wendy. "Can you please examine the hand of the victim and give it to me, please?" The girl nodded and continued what Yuri ask her to do.

Not even giving Yuri a minute to move, Wendy called Yuri out. Wow, she's fast for a newbie she thought. "Here's the thing you want, and I found that there are cuts on the index finger." She said as she moved along and continued her work.

Why would there be a cut on the index finger, when it's definitely a murder she thought. As she was figuring out more clues, somebody came right into the house and screamed, "Who the hell killed my friend!! He is going to pay for this!!"

Yuri came down the staircase and saw a man with a strong build body screaming his lungs out, Siwon was comforting the victim's family as usual. Yuri looked from a far but she was looking at the man closely, why is he overreacting towards his friend's death?? She questioned herself, and why is he sweating?? She thought again.

"Oppa, we're going home. I got the case file, we'll review it there." Yuri told Siwon as she walked past the man.

"You know something, don't you? And by the way, the man you were looking at was the victim's best friend, Kim Soohyun, according to the victim's wife."

"I figured as much." She replied shortly.

I am going to get to the bottom of this.