Three

1412

You see, but you do not observe. The distinction is clear. That was what Yuri hold dear till now, whatever case there is, she will always remember. Siwon was in his room sleeping his day through, he had a rough day anyway. As for Yuri, she'd always go for a jog in the morning with earphones blasting with songs; well, we call it jogging, she calls it observing people. But the one thing she doesn't know is that, people tend to observe her. Well, can't blame her for having such a nice body or was it her intention??

Gross, they're drooling…ert...

After an hour of observing people while jogging, she saw Siwon just got out of bed looking at Yuri wide eyed. "If I didn't know any better Oppa, you would want to pounce on me." Yuri told him smirking at him.

"What?? I didn’t think about that" Siwon defended himself. The thing with Yuri is that she can see what other people can't see. "Yeah, if I were not a detective, I couldn't catch you with that dilated pupils of yours… you're aroused by the sight of me." She smirks again.

Well, don't blame me… I'm a guy… He blushed at the thought.

"Well, how are you?? How's the jogging??" trying to avoid the topic.

"I'm fine and bored and the jogging is fine." She replied while taking a gulp of water.

"No case today??" Siwon asked in curiosity. It was fun going on the investigation with Yuri the last time, Siwon actually learnt a thing or two when he was with her. "Nope, not that I know of…" Yuri pouts.

"Oh, come on~~can you not pout… you look ugly…" Siwon commented with a disgusting face. "You're going to get it anyway, trust me… you are THAT good."

Yuri's cellphone rang at the midst of the conversation, the moment she looked at her phone and who was calling, she glared at Siwon right away.

"I told you so~~" he whispered at Yuri. Apparently, it was Inspector Jihyo.

"Yuri, meet me at the police headquarters. I'll explain everything there, we need your help." As soon as she finished talking, she hung up the phone.

Well, that was weird.

"I am going to the headquarters, mind joining me?" Yuri asked. "Because I sense that something big is happening at the headquarters."

"Certainly, I don't see the problem. Let's get going then." Yuri quickly ran and put on her coat and hat and heading her way to the car.

As Siwon followed her towards the car, he suddenly smiled. "Umm Oppa, why are you smiling?" she asked looking at him weirdly. As Siwon moved in closer to Yuri and their face inches apart, Siwon said, "You reek of sweat, at least take a shower."

Yuri looked at herself, Oh yeah i totally forgot about showering. "Well thanks for the reminder." Yuri replied while laughing at herself.

Fortunately, that's the thing with Yuri; when she gets excited for a case, she starts going all jumpy and forgets everything. She would always say "My mind rebels at stagnation, give me work, give me problems."

**

"I never knew shopping for myself could release all the stress in me," Yoon Soojung said to herself. I am going to pamper myself today, without anyone disturbing me. All day to myself, she thought to herself.

Unknowingly, a mysterious looking guy was following her all along. She shrugged it off because Soojung thought it was coincidental, albeit it was the other way around. The mysterious man changed his outfit into a plumber and took out his tools.

Upon returning to her house and planning to pamper herself at home, she was interrupted by the doorbell. Uugghh... who is it this time??... she asked herself and helplessly dragged herself towards the door.

When she was opening the door and planning to shoo the intruder, she got shocked when she looked at the face, such a cute guy~~ she thought to herself.

"What can I do for you, sir??" Yoon Soojung asked shyly.

"Oh yeah, I just got a call from your landlord. He told me to look at the pipes because it's leaking, right??" he said with a smile on his face.

Melted by his smiling face, Soojung brought him in. Thank you for listening to me, Mr. Landlord~~ I've been complaining for months now. She smiled at the thought.

As she was turning around wanting to ask for his name, she was knocked out by a steel pipe.

Today is going to be your lucky day, lady.

 

**

Upon their arrival to the police headquarters, Inspector Jihyo explained everything about the case. There was a serial killer on the loose, well a very gruesome serial killer. I've read the profile, they call him the reincarnation of the Boston Strangler.

"Well, I've explained everything. Follow me to the conference room, we'll fill the press with the info that we got."

As they were moving to the conference room, Yuri sensed a weird feeling tingling all over her body. Something is definitely strange here... but what is it?? She thought to herself but shrugged it off minutes after.

They were many reporters in the conference room, everybody was interested in the story of this reincarnation of the Boston Strangler guy. As Yuri, Siwon, Jihyo and other officials sat on their respective chairs facing dozens of hungry reporters. Damn, I didn't know that it would be this many, Yuri nervously thought.

"There are so many of them~~" Siwon whispered to Yuri.

"I know that, I am not blind you know. And can you please stop fidgeting yourself, act like a tough man for goodness sake..." Yuri said annoyingly.

As Jihyo started the introduction and welcomed the press to the conference room, she proceeded talking about the man's personality and his possible features. As she was on the verge on ending her speech, she invited someone in.

 When a woman came in, poised like a model, beautiful nonetheless, but short, "I would like to introduce a detective, who is good in her work, Miss Kim Taeyeon, she'll be helping us with the case.  She'll be working with Kwon Yuri on the case as well." Yuri's eyes were wide open, this can't be happening...

She ended her speech and we all walked out of the conference room without any trouble.

Yuri pulled Inspector Jihyo to the side, "You didn't tell me, you were inviting another detective in~~ I thought I was the best at this job..." Yuri complained.

"I just think that when the 2 of you work together, it'll bring us quicker results. No, don't sulk and get the job done." Jihyo told Yuri off and moved away. She can be scary sometimes...wow... Yuri said to herself.

Whilst Yuri was moving on with a tedious look on her face, someone patted her shoulder. "Hey Yuri, umm... I hope we can work together as partners." Taeyeon offers a handshake with a smile on her face.

After all these years, you still have that cute smile on your face, the thought made her smile. "Is there something on my face, Yuri??" Taeyeon uttered. Yuri turned her smile into a frown, "No,  I only work for myself and not for anybody." Yuri walked off with angry footsteps. Still the same arrogant Kwon Yuri.

**

He's going to kill again...but why then strangle... Yuri thought all the possibilities of this serial killer.

"He's crazy... and the wounds from the victims too..." Siwon interrupted Yuri's train of thought. "I mean look at the victims... he has killed 11 women...I'm going to throw up, sorry~~see you later Yuri." He scurried towards the toilet and Yuri heard his throwing up voice. Such a pansy... Yuri laughed to herself.

Her phone beeped a few times, it was a text message from the inspector.

Yuri, meet me at Seongbuk-gu. There has been another murder.

She kept her phone in her pocket and got ready go out the door, "Where are you going??" Siwon asked as he got out of the toilet. She only said 3 words "Inspector. Murder. NOW."

"Wait for me~~" Siwon ran towards the door.

**

As they arrived at the appointed location, there were so many people gathering around the house which was the crime scene. Yuri and Siwon were forced to push themselves through the crowd just to meet up with the Inspector.

"Oh, there you are Yuri. We should proceed inside the house, there are too many people outside." Jihyo said as she ordered 2 officers to Yuri and Siwon inside.

Yuri could already see that Siwon on the verge of vomiting but he held back. "So, we have the same murderer?" Yuri asked Jihyo.

"Yeah, from what I can tell is that, it's the same M.O.(Modus Operandi); the victim was ually assaulted and strangled to death on her own bed." Jihyo explained while showing them the victim's body.

"But wouldn't it be any guy?? I mean anybody could strangle and ually assault a girl." Siwon tried to be technical about it.

Show off... Yuri thought as she smirked.

"That's where I get to my 2nd point on why this was our guy, see the knot?" She showed what it looks like a stocking, that was tied in a bow. "That's our serial killer's signature plus there were no signs of break in or some sort." Jihyo explained herself.

"So it's either he came in without any force or he's just smart," Yuri said out loud. "You might be right, Yuri." Someone with a familiar voice said. Oh come on~~she's here too...

"There are no signs of break in anywhere, oh and I would like to introduce to you, my assistant, Kim Jonghyun, isn't he a cutie??~~" Taeyeon says as he pinched Jonghyun's cheek.

"Noona~~don't do that~~ it's embarrassing..." Jonghyun lowered his glance at the floor with a hint of redness on his cheeks.

"I'll go check at the back of the house, Oppa. You try and find anything about her, anything is good." Yuri uttered with annoyance as she moves away from the crowd.

This house is not as big as the others, it's probably around 155 square meters. Single floor, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathroom... This lady is rich... Yuri wondered the house to have a better view of the crime scene.

While Yuri was at the back of the house, checking for more clues. What am I finding? There's nothing here... I got to find something...

"You don't have to avoid me like that, you know... Kwon Yuri..." Taeyeon said suddenly while leaning on the wall looking at Yuri. "What did I do to make you despise me so much?"

"I don't despise you, you among most people here should know that. You're a distraction to my investigation, Taeyeon... Let me do my job for heaven's sake."

"There's nothing to find there, Yuri-ah, I searched everywhere..." Taeyeon told her.

"Then you didn't search thoroughly enough... knowing you and your clumsiness..." Yuri mockingly said that. What's with the pipes outside the house?? Looks really strange... Yuri thought.

"Did you find anything to your liking, The Great Detective Kwon Yuri??" Taeyeon asked.

"As a matter of fact, I actually did. So, I better get going... bye Taeyeon. I'll see you later." Yuri smirked. Somebody broke the pipes, some genius you are Mr. Serial Killer. Nobody here notice a thing because it's a common thing.

"Oppa~~ Let's go back for now, we'll find more clues later!!" Yuri shouted at Siwon.

**

Yuri and Siwon were at home, both figuring out what happened and what other possibilities could occur, the closer they get; the further they were.

"Yoon Soojung, age 25, a university student. The one who found her was her neighbour, Shim Bora, she would always give her food in the afternoon. The door was unlocked when she checked and she found the victim , socks tied up in a bow around her neck." Yuri explained to Siwon about the victim.

"But that's that. We don't have any more clues, besides her being knocked on her head. Most likely by a steel pipe, and being after that. That's what I found out anyway." Siwon explained further.

"The killer is smart, well he's planning was perfect that nobody would even notice," Yuri uttered. " He planned to kill the girl for quite awhile."

"What do you mean??" Siwon questioned her.

"You see, the pipes from the back of the house was leaking," Yuri told Siwon. "Somebody rigged the pipes, it's too loose; somebody must have tampered with it."

"Okay then, we should tell this to the inspector and that other detective," Siwon said while taking his phone but was shoved by Yuri instead. "No, this is my case. Nobody but you and me should know this piece of information."

"Geez, what's with you?? You've been gloomy ever since the conference... what's wrong??" Siwon looked at Yuri concerned.

"Nothing..." Yuri answered flatly.

"This is not because of having another detective in the case, right??" Siwon asked again.

"Nope, not at all." Yuri said and walked away to her bedroom.

Nobody is better than me and it's going to be a LONG day with Taeyeon in the picture... Kwon Yuri thought.