Chapter 2

Whirlwind
Please log in to read the full chapter

26th October, 2012

To: Krystal
What's the film tonight? x

To: Myungsoo
Transformers or Pirates? x

Myungsoo pondered the options while he and the rest of his course classmates were seated in what had turned out to be the most boring lecture of the week. Krystal sat on the opposite side of the room, knowing that if she had sat next to Myungsoo, she would be distracted. However, that didn't stop Myungsoo. The pair of them snook glances at each other across the room as they texted back and forth, trying to occupy their bored minds.

To: Krystal
Transformers x

Krystal couldn't help but giggle to herself. She was aware of the reason Myungsoo had chosen that option thanks to the game of twenty questions they had played the first night they met. Myungsoo had a bit of a soft spot for Megan Fox and Krystal admitted herself that if she played for the other team, she wouldn't deny a chance with her either.

Myungsoo and Krystal had barely known each other a month, but to them, they had been friends for years. To others, it was surprising that they met on campus, many of the students assuming they knew each other beforehand. That's how quickly they became comfortable with each other.

The lecture they had sat through for almost two and a half hours finally came to a close. Every student must have been feeling the same way as they all tired to rush out of the doors, hoping to gain back the time they had just lost listening to some old woman drone on about something that really didn't capture their interest. Myungsoo shoved his notebook and pens into his bag and slipped out the other door, knowing that Krystal would already be waiting there for him so they could get their movie night started. Sure enough, the ginger haired girl was leant against the door frame, absentmindedly playing with the pendant around her neck.

"It's my turn for the snacks tonight, isn't it?" Myungsoo asked.

Krystal startled at the sound of his voice but laughed as she straightened herself out.

"Yes, and since you insist on falling asleep, at least remember a pillow or something. My legs were so numb last time."

"Hey, I'm sorry. I can't help it if you're comfortable."

"Are you insinuating that I am squishy?" she playfully asked.

"In the best way, my little squishy."

Myungsoo poked at her sides trying to get her to release the musical giggle he had become fond of in the past weeks. It was surprising how quickly they had grown so close, but it was obvious even in the first few days, none of the friends they made were quite like each other. They much prefered each other's company than anyone else's.

Myungsoo stopped by his room to grab some blankets and a pillow, plus the snacks he'd already bought in preparation for the film night. As he walked out of the door and closed it behind him, he failed to realise he had jammed the blanket in the door. When he walked away with Krystal back to her room, the blanket was yanked from his grasp, hurtling the bag of goodies across the hallway.

"Myungsoo you absolute idiot!" Krystal screamed in laughter.

"I think the cookies might be a bit broken," he laughed as he held the bag up.

"Well you might share them tonight then. Unlike ast time."

"Well I'm sorry that you were crying so much that you choked on the crumbs of the half you ate."

"I can't help it if Bambi is a sad film! It gets me every time!"

Both Myungsoo and Krystal burst into laughter as she put the key into her room to let them in. She tossed them on the desk and kicked off her converse into the corner of the room. Myungsoo followed suit, taking off his shoes and flopping down comfortably onto her bed. She was quick to join him, placing the laptop on top of the pillows as they lay side by side on their fronts.

Midway through the film, the pair had changed positions. Myungsoo was leant against the wall, allowing Krystal to cu

Please log in to read the full chapter