Reminds Me of You

Reminds Me of You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kim Soekjin was standing in front of a new grave. There's a picture on top, a young woman with a big-sweet smile. Soekjin's sad eyes set on that woman's face. It's 4 days left since the funeral but he didn't even cried for a single times. Meanwhile, every single family and friends knew that he really sad and hurt. He still couldn't believe that she left him forever. It felt like a dream. A dream that he never imagined before.

He has standing for almost a half of day. He just standing without moved an inches. His friends, who always followed him secretly because they were worried, just watched him from the distance. And when Soekjin kneeled down then fell to the ground, his friends ran approached him and took him from the graveyard to the hospital.

 

THREE MONTHS LATER

"Hey!" One of his Soekjin's friends, Yoongi, came approached him in their favourit bar. "Sorry I'm late. But, you come early."

"Yeah... This is Friday night and I have nothing to do," Soekjin answered in sarcastic tone but in a poker face.

Yoongi cleared his throat to covered his unpleasant feeling. He should never said that.

"Where's the others?" Yoongi asked.

"Jimin and Hosoek on a bar table," Jin pointed with his chin. His face still expressionless. He looked quite creepy. "I haven't see Taehyung, Jungkook, and Namjoon."

"Aaah~" Yoongi rubbed his neck. "Then, I'll take some drink. You wanna something?" he asked as he stood from the sofa.

"Nope. I have mine," he lifted a glass of wine in front of his face.

"Alraight, then..." Yoongi walked fast to the bar table, approached Jimin and Hosoek. "Jin looks so horrible!" he talked to his friends before talked to the bartender. "Jake, a tequilla for me!"

"I told you!" Jimin hissed. He peeked Jin from Yoongi's shoulder. "Now, he stare blankly to the floor!"

"We should do something to bring back the old Kim Soekjin," Yoongi sighed.

"But, he would never be the same again," Hoseok shook his head. "All of us really lost Han Narae... But Jin is the most losing."

"Maybe only the time can heal," Yoongi said as a conclution. He hand a glass of tequilla from Jake the bartender. "Thanks Jake. And Let's back to Jin."

Jimin and Hoseok followed Yoongi back to the table with cozy couch where Soekjin was sitting alone.

A moment after, Taehyung came with Jungkook and Namjoon. They're not come alone, they brought some y girls. Yoongi changed a look with Taehyung and asked him what his planned with those girls by telepathy.

Yooongi : "What on earth are you planning by bring those es?"

Taehyung : "Hey, watch your mouth, dude. They're not es. They're an university students that I paid for cheering our Jin!"

Yoongi : "You paid? Pffftt! What the different???"

Taehyung : "Easy bro... We should try anything to bring back the old Kim Soekjin!"

Yoongi sighed and shook his head. Taehyung smiled to him then back into the conversation between the girls and Jimin, Hoseok, Namjoon, and Jungkook. Jin only listened and show a polite smile. Looked like what they had planned didn't go well. Suddenly, Soekjin interrupted the conversation and said that he should go first because he had something to do.They were knew that he lied but still let him go.

Soekjin back to his car and drove to nowhere. He didn't wanna go home because at that place, the memories about his fiance most haunted him. When they're cooked for each other, when they kissed then said good night and good morning, when she was waiting for him back from work... Those things only made him more misserable.

Soekjin only took his car at the road, turned right and turned left without thinking. He even not watched where he would go. At the traffic light, he stared outside the window, watched the pedestrians and then memories back again. The memories with his fiance, Han Narae. It's like everything in this world only reminded him of her. A sounds of horn shocked him a bit. He sighed then drove again because the traffic light was turned into green. He took the car into a highway and drove away from Seoul, the city that full of memories about her. He kept driving until he tired and out from the highway. He didn't know what city it was. He only looked for a hotel or motel to take some rest. He always slept when he really tired and sleepy. Because with that way, he wouldn't remind her before sleep.

Soekjin checked in for a room then slept when he landed to the bed. Now, he would forget about her for an hours.

Morning came so fast made Soekjin should face the world without Han Narae again. Soekjin rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. Above him, a white ceiling greeted in silence. Soekjin kicked the blanket then jumped from the bed before face of Narae painted more clear on the ceiling. He took a fast showered and changed his clothes into a sweatshirt and a jeans. He always took a bag of clothes in the car in case he need a get lost for a while like this. Soekjin headed out from his hotel room, he waited for the elevator that would took him to the hotel restaurant. He waited while he checked his phone. Missed calls and Kakaotalks from his friends were waited for his reply. He sighed but still typed a kakaotalk to them.

"Hahahahahaha!!! That's so riddiculous!!!" a voice of woman's laughed and talked echoed over the aisle. Not one woman, but three. Such a noise.

Soekjin glared to them to made them realized that they bothered other people with the noise.

"Sssttt! Don't too noisy!" one of them realized. She looked at Soekjin then took a bow to apology behalf of her friend.

Soekjin only looked at her without bowing back then just stepped into the elevator when its door opened. Those girls stepped into the same elevator with him and shut their mouth off.

They stepped out from the elevator and walked to the restaurant. Soekjin had an omelette and toast for his breakfast. He eat while staring outside the window, to the beach view which became a backyard of the hotel. Soekjin checked his location on the phone : Daechon.

"Take my pict!" a sound of woman distracted Soekjin's ear.

Aish~ Such a noise!!!, Soekjin grumbled. He glared at them but suddenly a view that he looked was so breathtaking. One of those women really similar with Han Narae. Again, a thing in this world reminded him of her. Her smile, her habbit to taking pictures of what she eat... Goddammit! Soekjin lost his appetite. He left to the beach and walked down the beach. His eyes so far... Thinking about her again. Went to the beach was a mistake, too, for him. Because he had a lot memories with Han Narae in the beach. And the memories got his chest in pieces. Soekjin felt so dying. A pain in his chest, head, really made he dying. 

He tired.

Soekjin's feet felt so weak. He kneeled and sat on the beach sands. His tears finally cracked from his eyes and he didn't hold it anymore. He covered his eyes with hand and let the tears out from the eyes, brought the pain from his chest. He tired. Just tired. For the first time after three months of Han Narae's dead, Kim Soekjin finally cried.

A group of women which walked not far from Soekjin took their footsteps slower. They're curious about what happened to a man who cried out loud in the beach. It's funny for them and they're just giggled and talked about him. But not for one person. She didn't thought that funny.

"Hey, Min Rena! Where will you go?" one of her friends asked. But she, Min Rena, not answered just ran toward that guy.

Rena took her step slowly and squated next Soekjin. She let that guy cried with watched him and a little bit covered him from the people.

"Are you okay, Mister?' Rena asked when Soekjin stopped crying, but he still covered his eyes.

Soekjin wiped his tears then turned his neck. She's the woman on the elevator and in the restaurant, the woman who reminded him to his fiance was next to him. That woman looked at him in worried face.

"Sorry to freaking you out," he said with husky voice.

"No... But, sorry for bothering you. I just a little bit worry. Something happened?" she asked. "Oh, sorry... It's okay if you mind to answer me."

Soekjin just looked at her face. The way she talked, the way she worried... It reminded him of her. Goddammit, Han Narae! You must be know, God must be know that I tried to move on. But every girls I met is reminds me of you!, Soekjin said in his mind.

"Sir," she talked again. "If you don't mind, can we go to some cafe or to the hotel restaurant? The sun is higher... You could get the heatstroke."

Soekjin nodded. Rena helped Soekjin to stood up and she placed her arms around Soekjin's arm to helped he walked.

Please log in to read the full chapter