Chapter 3

I Do

It was now 8:35 pm after the long period of learning. I smile but very small one and insert all my things into my beg. While walking to the exit gate, I remembered the girl earlier. She was truly beautiful although I couldn’t see her properly. I smile again, shocking my head lightly to pull off my thought and that’s when I saw a girl pacing front and back rapidly with her head low. She was biting her nail too, she is somehow seem, Nervous? Yeah, nervous.

Being the gentle man that I am, I strolled toward her to ask if she’s okay.

I slowly approached her and tapped her shoulder calmly from her side. I presume she noticed my presence, that she gradually look up.  As soon as her adore eyes met mine, my eyes was wide, as wide as an owl. None of the sound come out of my mouth and the only the thing I did was punched my cheek hardly. “Ouch!” I yelled holding my cheek.

 “Are you okay?” the heard another female voice except mine. Please don’t let it be her! Please! Please! I pray in my mind but god doesn’t love me!

 “Oh. Yeah, I am fine,” I force smiled while my left hand hold my cheek. It’s hurt! I cried internally.

 “Are you really okay? You seem--,” she makes sure but I cut her off, “Yup, I am totally fine.”

“Okay then,” she said and continued her job, walking front and back.

I lovingly stare at her and at the same time asked, “Are you okay? Do you have any problem?”

“Huh?” she stared at me absentmindedly, “Oh, yeah… I am fine,” she fake smile at me.

Tsk. She is a bad actress. I beam sweetly and told her, “I know you aren’t okay so just tell me. I am willing to help you.”

“I am really fin--” she said but her voice was almost quiet so I cut her off instead, “Just tell me,” I smile at her again meeting her big eyes which makes my heart beat like crazy.

“Actually, I’m afraid to go home alone,” she exclaimed while lowering her head.

Without noticing myself, I chuckle but quickly put on my poker face when she looks at me with weird eyes and it makes me laugh louder than before.

“I know I am coward but you shouldn’t bash me like that,” she whispered but I still can hear. I stopped whatever I am doing, and lend my hand to her. She ogled at my hand oddly and looked at me back, telling me she doesn’t get my clue. She is dumb as well. Without respond her, I hold her small, yet soft hand and pull her with me.

“What do you think you are doing?” she asked me, tying to escape from my grip.

“Nothing,” I replied, coldly.

“Don’t tell me, you are kidnapping me!” she raised her voice but returned nothing from me.

“Please don’t kill me,” she begged, trying to escape from my grip for 2nd time. Still, I give her no respond.

“Please don’t take me away,” she pleaded, shaking my arm. Still, I give her no respond.

This girl, she’s so good to tease. I smirked internally.

After a few minutes, I stopped my pace when I heard very quiet sobbing. I turned my face back, only to found the girl crying quietly. My grip on her wrist slowly release and I hold her shoulder lightly instead and I could tell she is shaking due to being afraid. “What happen?” I asked her gently while banding my leg to reach her height.

“Please don’t kidnap me,” she implored with her shaking voice. My gripped on her shoulder also release as I knee in front of her, “I’m sorry,” I told her.

“What?” she asked not getting to catch up what I just said.

“I’m sorry. I just want to tease you. I don’t know that you would be too scare and I am really, truly sorry,” I hesitated for a while but continued, “I just want you to recognize me that I am the guy who lives beside your house.”

“What?” she said, not believing what she’d heard, “You are the guy who lives beside my house?”

I nodded at her answered. “How come I never see you? And you look very different, not like the time when I first saw you,” she said, wiping her tears away, “Or should I say, you become more, hum, Handsome?”

Did she just tell me that I am handsome? I internally asked while looking at her. She wasn’t no longer crying but smiling at me, “Don’t worry, I forgive you. I just got scare when you just pull me without even telling me and you looks somehow like a gangster back then.”

Her smiles, I grinned widely at my thought and about to get up but unfortunately fall again. “Are you okay? I guess your knee is hurt,” she said while helping me to get up by holding my arms. Oh god! She’s holding my arm! Seriously, I feel like I am a fan boy. “No wonder, you took the same route to my house,” she chuckled very lightly.

“Haha,” I faked laugh while rubbing the back of my head and that’s when I realize her appearance, “By the way, you are the girl who hold my arm while queuing? In front of the gate?”

“Ah.. About that,--” she started the conversation but I cut her off, “You forget your card,” she nodded and I continued, “So, together with this situation, you owe me twice so don’t forget to pay me back,”

“How should I pay you back?” she asked.

“Simple, just be my friend,” I said, smiling.

“No need to say, we are already friend. Just now.”

“Okay, wait a sec, how old are you?” I asked.

“20”

“20?”

“Yup!”

“You’re younger than me, for 3 years. Wait, you’re every younger than my sis! So then you should call me oppa!” I victory smile.   

“Oppa, my !” she said and I pout, “So you are 23 and.. what’s your name?”

“Why should I tell you?”

“We are friend, aren’t we?” she shot back.

“Whatever, try to find out by yourself,” I smiled.

“You Are Selfish!” she emphasized every words, “And as I am not as selfish as you, I’ll tell my name. I am Ji Hye, Baek Ji Hye.”

“Ah.. Ji Hye, dongseang-i,” I nodded.

“I guess we talk too much that we don’t even realize it is already in front of our house,” she said looking at both of our house, “Bye, unknown guy!” she waved at me.

“Oh. Okay. Bye, Ji hye dongseang-i,” I waved at her back.

She smiles at me for the last time and enter her house. Unknowingly, I feel very happy and with a wide grin on my face, I enter into my house…


Author's Note

Hello :D I am truthfully sorry for my very short update in each chapter but I hope you'll like it. Please keep on supporting me and fighting!!