Departure

Into Your (World) Gravity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] DEPARTURE [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Posted on November 1, 2014 [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

“Oh great sun above our skies, why did you have to leave us?”

 

“It’s so dark, please come back, oh great sun.”

 

“Please come back, it’s so dark.”

 

“Please… Please… Please…”

 

“It’s so cold without you above our skies.”

 

“Plea—“

 

 

          “Stop, please…” Chanyeol whimpered, clutching his ears and plopping down to the ground. He felt hopeless. He was so pathetic listening to their prayers to him while he can’t do anything about them. He had no idea how to answer them, to say that he just can’t do anything about how his light couldn’t touch half of their Earth. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry..."

 

          Humans think you’re the greatest God out there. But here, you’re just a pathetic god. You can’t even find answers to your problem. You’re a worthless god. The worst.

 

          Even the voice in his head seems to think so.

 

          You’re the worst god… you’re the worst god… the worst—

 

          Chanyeol felt the faintest touch of fingertips on his hands, making him look up. In front of him, was Junmyeon—Suho, the Water God to the humans—one of the kindest Gods in their planet, and also, his fellow council member.

 

           “What’s wrong?” he asked. Chanyeol shook his head as strong as he could, as if shaking all the Human’s prayers echoing inside his mind off. “Nothing.”

 

          The Water God shot him a soft disapproving stare. “Don’t lie to me, Chanyeol. We grew up together; don’t think I don’t how you’re having troubles. I can read you like a book.”

 

          Chanyeol’s resolved wavered. The Water God was his childhood friend along with the other 9 council gods. He wasn’t really that hard to know, he hones the power of fire. Fire is powerful, blazing, bright, and warm. And he was exactly like that. There were no in-betweens when it comes to him. He was always expressive.

 

           “It’s just that,” He paused. “The humans, they’re… They’re really upset with me—“

 

         “And you’re beating yourself up just because of that? Chanyeol, just because you’re a god means you can do everything. What are they asking for this time? More warmth? Longer daytime?”

 

            “No, they want me to make daytime 24/7.”

 

           “Isn’t that a bit cruel of them? Chanyeol, you can’t bend to their wishes, because you just can’t. It would affect us all. The waters I control would evaporate at a constant rate with your heat; Kyungsoo’s soil would become dry and more. Even though they asked for it and we’re here to give them what they need doesn’t mean that we will give them everything, that’s absurd.” Junmyeon says and gently pries off Chanyeol’s tense hands to hold firmly in his. “We gods, we can’t do everything. We need someone to help us. Just like Sehun, Chen, and I, to be able to do thunderstorms we must combine our powers together simultaneously. You should know that. You’re the most powerful here—“

 

          "No, don’t say that.” Chanyeol tried to jerk his hands from Junmyeon’s hold but the other wasn’t having any of that.

 

               Ever so slowly, Junmyeon crouched down to Chanyeol’s eye-level. A motherly smile painting his lips; a talent of his that the fire god loved. “It’s true. You’re the most powerful one here and I dare you to prove me wrong. I know you won’t be able to do that because I have all of the council as witnesses. You may lack in some things, but you are not—I repeat—not worthless and weak. You just have to find someone who would help you just like how Sehun and Chen help me to conjure up thunderstorms.”

 

               Arms wound their way around the fire god’s neck to pull him in his embrace. The warmth of the water god’s embrace could overlap his own warmth. His embrace, it was nice. It felt like he was being submerged to warm waters. “I know there’s someone out there compatible to you. You just have to wait and see.” Junmyeon paused, “maybe you should take a break from your duties, take a vacation, explore. I’ve never seen you take a breather, so just this once, please rest. Do it for me, Chanyeol.”

 

               “But—“

 

             “Do it for me.” The determination in Junmyeon’s eyes made Chanyeol hold back from being any more stubborn. The water god was like his mother (who he doesn’t know since all gods don’t have parents), but somehow the feeling was there and he was thankful for it. He needed guidance, and being a god himself he can’t find anyone else except J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter