001

Entrust

It was a nice and breezy day. She widened her windows even more and took a breathe of the fresh air.  The day has came. The wind blew some of the dried leaves onto her face. It seemed like a great morning to her. Maybe today is a lucky start to my first high school year, she thought. 

Little did Park Soo Ah know, it was going to be her worst year ever.

She wore her uniform neatly and let her wavy locks down framing her V-shape face. She walked down the stairs and was greeted by her father who was reading a newspaper with a cup of coffee on the table. 

"Good morning, dad." Said the girl as she made her way to the table. She then looked into the kitchen and saw her mother's figure. "Good morning, mom."

Her father put the newspaper away and smiled at her daughter while muttered a "good morning" to her. Her mother came to the table, bringing some cereals with chocolate milk for her. "Good morning too, Soo Ah. You look quite happy today." She patted her daughter's head softly with a smile on her face.

Soo Ah nodded in excitement. "It is my first day in high school, mom. I mean like finally, I'm a high school student." She beamed happily.

Her mom grinned and plopped into a chair next to hers. They had a nice talk that morning and Soo Ah was feeling very grateful for the life she was living.

Her family wasn't one of the richest family in Korea but was rich enough to live in a quite luxury apartment. Her mother had her very own cafe and her father was a doctor.  She had two lovable parent and also a caring older brother who was studying abroad, at Harvard to be specific. What else could she've asked for? It was more than enough.

 

 


 

She bid goodbye to her parents and started making her way to school. She could have just asked her mom to send her to school, but being quite a low-profiled person she was, she preferred to just walk.

It took about 15 minutes to reach the school. She stuffed her earphones in her ears and shuffled her music tracks. She hummed to Coldpay's Magic and didn't notice a guy who came from the junction nearby and unfortunately, bumped into the guy and fell onto the ground.

"Ow. What the hell." She muttered. She then looked around only to find that guy has made his way to across the road without apologizing to her.

Oh . I didn't have the chance to look at his face. 

She stood up and brushed off the dirt from her skirt and looked into her watch.

", now i'm gonna be late for school." With that, she began to run to school as she started to curse at that guy earlier for taking away her precious time to walk peacefully that morning.

 


 

She came just in time and quickly made her way to the locker and then to her classroom. She sat down with an unpleased expression on her face. Her two bestfriends, Ara and JuYeon came into the classroom a little bit later than her and made their way to her. Ara sat beside Soo Ah while JuYeon's sit was infront of them.

"What's wrong with that face early in the morning, Soo Ah?" Ara asked her while taking out her books and put it on the table.

"Ugh. You know what, a guy bumped into me earlier and didn't even budge to say sorry! I fell down quite hard. Ouch. My still hurts you know." She said, pointing to her bum.

"Hahaha. A guy? Is he handsome?" JuYeon asked teasingly.

"I didn't even get to have a look at his face, my dear JuYeon." Soo Ah replied, completely pissed with her own bestfriend teasing her. Ara shooked her head, looking at those two.

They stopped talking when the teacher came in. Soo Ah then looked out the window, letting out a sigh.

Is it going to be a great starter for me? I just want to have peaceful high school years without any problems, she thought.

 


 

The bell rang. It was recess. All students started making their way to the cafeteria. Soo Ah with her two other bestfriends walked together as they talked and teased each other happily.

Soo Ah and her friends weren't one of the popular cliques at school, but still they were pretty well known enough since middle school and most of the high school seniors acknowledge their presence too.

They were all pretty but not that kind of drop-dead-gorgeous either.

Soo Ah stood out the most as she stood at 173 cm and had that model figure with her long brown locks with a pair of hazelnut eyes. Ara and JuYeon themselves stood at 168 and 167 respectively and that made them looked like a group of models with long and slender legs.

People would think they were friends because of reputation but they were not. They understand each other very well and that made them sticked together for 7 years.

After buying their meals, they sat at their usual table and had some random talks and not to mention some gossips.

Suddenly, Soo Ah's eyes averted to a familiar figure at the table infront of theirs. Her friends noticed her expression and looked into the same direction as Soo Ah's.

"Ah, it's him. Soo Ah, why don't you just go and confess to him already? You got love struck like crazy." JuYeon said and continued to eat her tuna sandwiches.

"It's easier for you to say that but not for me. He is popular and handsome. He will never accept me. Plus, he's got Chaeyoung. It's better like this. One sided crush won't hurt." Soo Ah replied softly and looked at her chocolate milk.

"But you are beautiful, even way more beautiful than Chaeyoung. He could easily choose you over her." JuYeon added.

Soo Ah let out a deep sigh.

"Soo Ah! I have an idea. Why don't you confess to him and well yeah you know, just let him knows about your real feelings. Just to let him know." JuYeon said with a proud smile on her face.

"Finally Shin JuYeon is using her brain effectively." Ara clapped her hands in amusement.

Soo Ah chuckled. "Let him know? Then what? Steal him from Chaeyoung? No way, i'm not a for God's sake." She said again.

"No, Soo Ah. Just let him know about how you felt towards him and started a new friendship maybe. If you can't have him in a romantic way, then have him in a friendship way. It's better and you also might get over him. If he isn't the right one, then you need to let that feelings go. Sometimes, love is about letting go. You can't always have what you desire for." Ara spoke.

Soo Ah nodded at her bestfriend's words. Become friends with him? No. I want to be in Chaeyoung's place. But come to think of it, it hurts even more just to stay like this. She thought.

"I will give it a try then." Soo Ah finally said. Her two bestfriends smiled at her, encouraging her upon her decision.


Author's Note : [01/11/2014]

First chapter. Introducing the main character and her life,and her crush. How was it? hehe and try to guess who's the guy and her crush!