The Birds & the Bees

Bumblebee

[ → Bumblebee ← ]

  "The Bird & the Bees"

19

Final Chapter



Let me tell ya 'bout the birds and the bees

And the flowers and the trees

And the moon up above

And a thing called 'Love'


X X X

Jessica awoke to the sight of Neptune looking over her. She was surprised but far too weak to react properly. Neptune pulled himself away and gave a mixed smile. It shuddered with relief and nervousness.

"Jessica." He said gently. "Glad to see you're awake." The girl looked up and tried to stand. Her legs were a little stiff, not noticing the cast wrapped around it. Her leg throbbed with a numbing sensation and winced when she witnessed the damage.

"What'd I miss?" Jessica muttered looking around. The school looked much better than when she last remembered. She was however, much to her dislike, laid on the ground with nothing more than a blanket underneath. She'd stand up if she could, but she didn't feel quite right.

"The White Fang failed to take over Beacon, or Vale. But they did manage to get a stronghold on Atlas." He paused and watched Jessica's expression carefully. Jessica's family and business had been stationed in Atlas.

"They'll be fine..." mumbled Jessica. She'd like to believe that. Her family had their own security force afterall. "Moreover, where's my team? Are they alright?"

Neptune frowned making the two of them uneasy. "..I don't know how to break it to you, Jessica."

"I asked a question." Jessica shot impatiently. "I want to hear an answer." The edgy atmosphere was beginning to grow uncomfortable. Jessica was skeptical that anything terrible happened. After all, she knew how strong her team were. I mean, she defeated Verrick right? Surely her team had won their battles too--

"Ice is missing and Tiffany and Rosie are dead."

Jessica was wide awake at that statement. But naturally, she couldn't quite believe it. "You're..joking..our leader, my best friend, and my Rosie are all....gone?"

"I think it'd be better to see for yourself." frowned Neptune extending a hand. "I'll do whatever it takes to help you out." It sounded scripted and unnatural, like Neptune himself couldn't believe it or rather, didn't know what to say. "I'm so sorry."

"Help me up." Jessica muttered trying to restrain herself. "I'll believe it when I see it."

Walking -- or rather limping -- her way through the crowd of distressed students and teachers, she tried to keep a straight face. After all, a heiress couldn't be seen bawling her eyes out in the open. Attacking Beacon was a terrible idea. They were ready to fight back anytime and no matter how many times you destroyed it, with the power of dust, it could always be rebuilt. She could see in the distance the shattered buildings being fixed by students who had the semblance to. Whilst the healing types would help in any way they can. Destructive semblances would guard the outer perimeter in case of any further Grimm attack. All in all, everyone had their spot to help out.

"Hey!" A student screamed in a distance trying to garner attention. "Any strength semblances? I sense two people under this building! I think they're trapped!" Yatsuhashi, the tallest person in school, stepped up and ravaged his way through the rumble.

Blonde and red hair came into sight.

X X X

Up above, Verrick had gained his consciousness back and explained everything to the Headmaster. Some of the school's airships had been destroyed in the short battle and Verrick lead a group of engineers to fix them up. When they picked up Rosie, they managed to scrap Alisa as well. Rosie destroyed the chip Adam had installed in her, and weakly, Alisa came back.

"Verrick." Her voice was out of tone and screechy like a broken disk. "A-Adam." He shook his head and tried to smile. "His chip is gone. You're okay. I took a look at you earlier."

Alisa forced herself up, some more nuts and dolts coming loose. Verrick tried to stop her but realized she was capable of doing so anyway. "Adam, is still, inside, of, me." With what little strength she had left, she made her way to the open side of the airship where Hunters would jump off to begin their mission -- much to Verrick's confusion. He marched over and grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her back. But she didn't budge. He hadn't had much energy since his battle against Jessica, but his brain was still working, and that was good enough for him.

"What are you doing?" He frowned. "We're heading back to Beacon to drop off the medical supplies Vale military supplied us."

Speaking in broken fragments, Alisa responded. "Adam k-k-new this was go-going to ha-hap-pen. B-Bomb inside of...me." Verrick smirked proudly. "I knew he would place a bomb inside of you to try to self destruct you. I know Adam is smart, but are you forgetting?" He shook Alisa's repaired hand gently. "I'm smarter."

Alisa's head turned to express disagreement. "He.is.smarter." She turned around, her broken back facing the open and placed her functional hand on his chest lightly. "Two bombs."

With a push, Alisa fell off the airship. Verrick was a second too late to attempt to reach out. Tripping and looking down, all he saw was Alisa exploding into scraps of metal.

Completely destroyed.

X X X

Ice and Roy were found severely injured under the rumble of a building. Professor Goodwitch, who was the best doctor at the campus, managed to fix them up before sending them off to a makeshift hospital Beacon set up. A few doctors Vale had to spare came and helped -- Weiss included.

"Weiss?" Jessica blinked a few times, thinking her vision was playing tricks on her. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm not a doctor, but I know dust better than anyone." Kneeling next to an injured students on the floor, she placed some red dust on his wounded arm and placed her palm on top. White aura flared and when she pulled back, the wound was healed. As she helped students, she lectured Jessica. "Sometimes people forget that our energy, our entire human being comes from the power of dust. But we use dust as a destructive thing people forget it can be helpful too."

In a distance, she recognized her two friends. Taeyeon didn't look much better than Tiffany herself, dried blood smeared on her face, but in her arms she carried a very dead looking Tiffany. The first person she saw was Weiss and she rushed over to her side.

"What happened here?" Weiss shot a glare at Taeyeon.

"I'll tell you all about it! But please, can you..can you help her?" Weiss stopped treating the person by her side, allowing another doctor to intervene and turned her head to a very disfigured Tiffany.

"She's not breathing." Weiss said placing a hand on her wet stomach dripping of blood. In an effort to take Taeyeon's mask off, she suffered a direct stab to her abdomen. She poured an entire vial of dust on her stomach and ordered Taeyeon to lay her down properly. Apparently it wasn't enough as Weiss reached into her knapsack for more. Eventually, the color came back to Tiffany's pale face as she took in a breath of air.

Taeyeon cried at the sight and embraced her dearly. Jessica felt warm tears coming out as well. She didn't love Tiffany as much as Taeyeon did, but they still had a relationship difficult to recreate with normal friends. Jessica jolted up and remembered. Where was her girlfriend?

She cursed her lack of height as she tried to overlook the crowd looking for her girlfriend. An airship flew by and floated idle in the air. A very discouraged Verrick peaked out of the launching pad and searched the crowd. Jessica would be a liar if she didn't say she hated Verrick. But after the explanation she heard from the Headmaster, she would be a fool to blame him for something he was a victim of. She screamed at the top of her lungs gaining his attention and asked him to search for Rosie.

He searched for a moment before pointing off in a distance north of Jessica. She begged Weiss to come with her as they ran their way through the crowd. People came and went in and out of the medical building quickly. Many were injured and Jessica was unsure if she could get Rosie to be prioritized first. Some had far worse injuries, but she hadn't seen Rosie just yet to judge. Some students were forced to be treated in the grass area where finally, Jessica caught a glimpse of familiar red.

She rushed to her girlfriend's side much to her horror. Her right arm had been forcibly amputated and wrapped in makeshift bandages. She had been awake with no anesthesia but her own self consciousness. Jessica and Weiss rushed to her side, Jessica trying to ease the emotional pain while Weiss worked on her arm. She nearly fainted at the sight of Rosie's eyes opening and tried her absolute best not to crush the girl in a hug. Instead, she took in her own hand's Rosie's remaining hand.

She longed for the ease of her words. No matter how many glares or frowns Jessica would give to protect herself from any emotional harm, she couldn't protect herself from falling in love with another person. The name Ice Queen was nothing but a nickname if you knew how to melt and thaw the ice within.

X X X

Beacon canceled all classes for the remaining month. Students who were healthy enough would help rebuild and restructure the school. The injured stayed in the infirmary taken cared by volunteers, all of Team TIJR and Team AVTR included.

After the process of healing Tiffany, Taeyeon herself passed out. She forgot all the pain, but the wounds certainly stayed. Roy and Ice were admitted for a much longer time, some of their injuries severe burns caused by Ice's semblance. Out of the eight, Jessica and Verrick were the most healthy. But that was comparing to the rest of the team's injuries. Jessica's wounded calf and Verrick's minor head injury were nothing compared to Tiffany's abdominal surgery and Alisa's actual death. For weeks, Verrick locked himself up alone in Team AVTR's dormitory trying to see if he had what it took to create such a fine machine as Alisa was. Alisa's actual creator was killed trying to defend Atlas and so were all his closest advisors.

Much to Jessica's relief, she learned her family was well protected during the battle and they were taking their wealth to hide in Vale. The White Fang and Atlas were in a bloody war ; The White Fang trying to capture the Kingdom as the Kingdom defended and fought back. Of course, Atlas had the help of three other Kingdoms and once the assistance were to arrive, without a doubt The White Fang would never stand a chance. Along with the idea of redrafting Alisa, Verrick thought about The White Fang's true intentions. For there to be another bomb, Verrick knew Adam was smarter then to attack two Kingdoms. Perhaps he had something else in mind. But Verrick had been too emotionally and physically tired to toy with the idea.

Roy woke up first, his body a little more than stiff from all the bandages wrapped around his body. But he made an effort to sit beside Ice's side to finally answer her confession months ago. Ice took a little longer to heal, due to her self-destructive semblance, but eventually woke up to a new, and loving, boyfriend.

Jessica felt responsible for Rosie's lost arm. She took care of her girlfriend much better now. In the past, she often called the girl a bother, a nuisance, a hazard to her health, and always hissed at every physical touch Rosie would do, or attempt. But now, she finally learned how to appreciate the other girl's presence. And that was something she was never, ever, going to take for granted anymore.

Taeyeon healed quicker than Tiffany did. Her dual wielding did damage, but hit nothing too vital to cause her to be in a long-term recovery. The moment Tiffany was conscious, Taeyeon cried and repeatedly begged for her to forgive her. Crying by her bedside, Tiffany ruffled Taeyeon's hair and ended the entire thing with a, "It's okay. I still love you."

Taeyeon messaged Yang if she could bring him some Bumblebee equipment into her dormitory. While Tiffany ate her provided meal, Taeyeon made sure to make her favorite drink, the drink that brought them together, the Bumblebee special. Taeyeon no longer worked at Bumblebee, but the dusty old cafe always held a special place in her heart.

Eventually, Atlas took back full control of their kingdom and managed to push away the remaining White Fang. Adam escaped however, but all four kingdom leaders made extra sure that nothing like that were to ever happen again. The school was rebuilt, much sturdier and defensive than before. A tall fence-like wall was built around the cliff to ensure no Grimm would horde and attack like they had done before. It turns out Team AVTR were not the only ones tortured and brainwashed. The Sergeant that requested for help was forced to do so under his will. He explained everything he knew about Adam and the White Fang and ultimately retired from the military career. Because of this known factor of brainwashing the White Fang ensued on their victims, Team AVTR was not punished. They were recommended for physical and mental therapy and after a few years, came near to a complete recovery.

Wonderfully, for everyone in both teams, they had their own supportive people. Verrick and his group of engineers, backed by the Atlas military, were experimenting on recreating Alisa-like robots. Ice enjoyed her new relationship with Roy and felt happier than ever. The two were the hottest couple -- literally. Despite losing her right arm, Jessica promised Rosie she would be her right hand. She was much more proud of their relationship now and daringly enough, officially announced their relationship to her father.

He was displeased of course, Jessica was his daughter, heiress to one of the largest companies in the entire world of Remnant. But he grew fond of Rosie and ultimately decided his daughter's happiness was much more important than what people thought of them.

After Tiffany's full physical recovery and Taeyeon's mental well-being, they fell back into a routine of school, fighting, and love.


X X X

Taeyeon lost count of how many days she's been in this rotten place.

It stunk of bloody rags and humid sweat. was sore and blisters began to form on her ankles and wrists. She was tied up to an uncomfortable wooden chair. The thick rope digging into her once smooth skin, now rough and dry.

She hadn't slept for days. She couldn't. Not with the fork on . The form of torture was called Heretics Fork, or so she was explained. It consisted of a metal piece with two opposed bi-pronged forks attached to a belt that tightened around . One end of the device was pushed under the chin, the other on the chest. If her head were to drop, the prongs would pierce and chest.

Taeyeon didn't want to die, but under the circumstances, the thought felt like a good idea at times.

The door creaked open and Taeyeon stiffened.

Footsteps vibrated the unstable floor.

Taeyeon had been blindfolded and awoke in this place. Compared to the man who interrogated her, she was rather small, with soft, light brown hair hanging loosely around her face. Taeyeon was barefoot. Her armor was ripped off her body and she was forced to wear a tunic that made her skin crawl. She felt the heat of the man come closer.

Taeyeon had never been so terrified in her life.

She felt him reach for the back of her head, and in a quick motion, he tightened the blindfold. The tightness gave her a headache, but sometimes the pain of it kept her awake, which was good.

The sound of a joint cracking echoed through Taeyeon's tired ears. That sound haunted her as well..whenever he cracked his knuckles that only meant--

She felt cold metal dig into her thigh. Biting down on her tongue, she cried internally telling herself not to scream. He did not like it when Taeyeon screamed. The more she screamed the more his torture would continue ; Taeyeon learned that the hard way.

Deeper..and deeper..the cold knife pierced through, ripping her skin apart, digging closer to her bones--

Taeyeon awoke in a cold sweat.

She looked around. Darkness.

Was she still in the torture room?

...No.

She felt the melting warmth next to her.

Her lover.

She turned around and felt the other side of the bed, relieved to feel the familiar hips of Tiffany.

It was just a dream.

She breathed out in comfort. It was a dream that had happened before. Long ago. Ten years ago.

Taeyeon tried to squeeze herself underneath Tiffany's arm as she moved closer. But doing so woke up her lover as she yawned and tiredly opened her eyes. Taeyeon hadn't noticed the tears in her eyes or her red nose but apparently Tiffany did. "Taeyeon, what's wrong?"

"I had a nightmare." Taeyeon said childishly. "It was..back when..Adam.." Tiffany didn't allow her lover, her wife, to speak any further. She interrupted the sentence with a kiss and wrapped her arms around Taeyeon's body. Sometimes she forgot Taeyeon was older than her, often times it was her looking out for the older woman. But she didn't mind. She liked it when Taeyeon acted all kiddy. She was like the third child in the house, with mommy Tiffany looking after all three of them.

"It's alright. Don't worry about it my little cookie." Tiffany's gentle voice eased Taeyeon trying to help her go back to sleep. But apparently it had been morning already. The curtains did a good job blocking out the sunlight when a gentle knock came upon their door. "Speaking of cookies, here come our hungry little hedgehogs."

When the two heard tiny gentle footsteps enter their bedroom, they closed their eyes pretending to be asleep. Closer..and closer..the footsteps reached and surrounded the two. Then a tiny high pitched, "Rawr!' and their bed shook.

"Wake up, mommyyyyy." One daughter made an effort to wake up Taeyeon, grabbing her by the arm and shaking her. "Wake up!!" The other child did not bother. Starting from the foot, she spread her body out and began to roll around, succeeding in wrapping the white blankets around her.

Convinced they were still asleep, she frowned and attempted to hop off the bed when Taeyeon wrapped her arms around the smaller one and pulled her into a tight embrace. Tiffany took the position of getting the blanket-wrapped child on her legs and attacked her playfully.

"Gaah! We've been spotted! Sol! Retreat!!" Luna, Taeyeon and Tiffany's firstborn daughter and older sister of Sol, squealed under Taeyeon's vicious attack of kisses. Compared to her older sister, Sol was lazier. She allowed herself to be carried by Tiffany as she comfortably laid wrapped around warm blankets.

After what seemed like a hundred kisses, Luna frowned and crossed her arms. "Fine. You win this time, mommy."

Taeyeon laughed. "I always win, don't I?"

"You won't tomorrow!" shot back Luna trying to wiggle out of her mother's grip. Tiffany took advantage of lazy Sol and groomed the girl's long hair.

The two were their daughters, Luna being five years old and Sol four. They were the product of Weiss's dust experiment, much like Blake and Yang's daughter. But the two looked exactly like their parents. Luna inheriting Taeyeon's light brown hair with her hazel eyes and Sol having Tiffany's long black hair and gold eyes. But the two had what Taeyeon didn't have -- faunus cat ears.

Ten years had passed since they've graduated from Beacon Academy. Married 6 years ago, then a year into their marriage did they decide to expand their family. In the village where Tiffany had come from, Luna and Sol meant Moon and Sun. Upon their birth, the two had a serious discussion on names and together they agreed on those names. Moon so even in the darkness she would shine and Sun to always brighten up the day.

Taeyeon finally released her embrace to set Luna free. But despite her whines and pouts, she stayed in Taeyeon's lap and curled comfortably against her mother.

Sol popped her head out of the blanket and looked at Tiffany expectedly. "Mommy, I'm hungry." She loosened the blanket around her and pulled her out. Much like Luna, she sat on Tiffany's lap, wrapping her arms around her mother. From this scene, you would think Taeyeon and Tiffany had cloned themselves back into a child state. Taeyeon plopped herself back onto the bed and like Luna, complained to Tiffany. "Cookie is hungry toooo." She pouted. Luna had Taeyeon's impossible-to-ignore puppy eyes. Like her appearance, Sol was much more like Tiffany. Quiet and reserved. Luna often lead her little sister into mischief.

"Ember and Jason are coming by today." Tiffany informed Taeyeon, poking at her cheeks and Luna's too. Ember was Rosie and Jessica's child and Jason was Roy and Ice's. "We should clean the house and prepare some meals."

Taeyeon reached out to poke Tiffany's nose, much to her annoyance, and together they started a poke war. "Can't ya just like..get your clones to do it?"

After several years of day-to-day practice, everyone upgraded their semblances. Tiffany's clones that only lasted a mere second for distraction were now much more durable and stayed a lot longer. They had their own train of thought and each were independent. Taeyeon trained harder and with the help of Verrick's idea, Taeyeon controled the negative and postive energy in the sky and with her own will, create a thunderstorm if she pleased. She did this whenever she was out in missions and wanted to wipe Grimm out quickly. The family also did not pay for their electric bill. Taeyeon covered that.

Luna and Sol ran out of their mother's arms and into the kitchen. Tiffany managed to get up, half dragging Taeyeon along with her so they could cook breakfast.

"Why don't you two take a shower first so you can be all squeaky clean when Ember and Jason come by, hmm?" recommended Taeyeon as she began to strip Luna's pajamas to send her to the bathroom.

"But I wanna eat breakfast."

"You will after I give you two a shower. So let's shower quick and eat after, okay?" She called Sol over and together all three went into the bathroom. Taeyeon made them shower before they eat because she knew the grumbling in their stomachs would pace the girls to bathe quicker. The last time she allowed them to eat then shower after, the bubble bath took three hours.

As she waited for the pan to heat up, Tiffany leaned against the kitchen counter and played around with her wedding ring. With a smile, she turned around and cracked an egg for breakfast.

 

Around lunch, the two sisters came to drop their children off. Ember had Jessica's white hair but Rosie's silver eyes. Jason had Ice's blonde hair and Roy's red eyes. The parents had missions to complete and Taeyeon and Tiffany agreed to babysit their children. It was all fun and games for a while, until Sol tiredly sat on her bottom in the middle of the living room, bored of playing hide-and-seek.

"Mommy~!" She called out. Tiffany was taking a shower so Taeyeon took the duty of answering. "What does my little hedgehog need?" Taeyeon said sitting beside Sol to allow her to sit on her lap. "I'm bored, will you tell us a story?"

The rest of the children came out of their hiding spots and joined in, with Jason urging on with excitement. "Yeah! My mom always has nice stories! Can you tell us a story?"

Taeyeon rested her chin on top of Sol's head, her ears tickling her chin and pretended to think. "Uhhh, what kind of story?"

"Oh! Will you tell us how you and mommy got together?" Luna sparkled with insuppressible joy. Ember joined in, "Yeah! My mommy told me how they met." she snickered. "They didn't like each other at first! Were you and Aunt Tiffany like that too?"

"Well, I, uh.." Taeyeon was unsure how to respond. "Are you sure you guys don't want to continue playing? It's a long story."

"Tell us! Tell us!" The children chanted.

"Well, okay." Taeyeon straightened her posture and cleared .

"You see kids, it all started with, "Can I take your order?"

The End



(Author's note)

HERE'S YOUR FLUFFY ENDING YOU BASTARDS!! lmao jk <3 i love you all! This was my original ending since day 1 and I finally got here!!! WHEEEE! /GOES COMMANDO

I know this chapter may seem rushed, like, "AUTHORNIM THEY JUST DIED LAST CHAPTER AND NOW YOU'RE BOMBARDING US WITH CUTENESS?!" well you see this author got HIRED MOTHER ERS I HAVE A JOB NOW BUHAHAHA and school starts in two days so I really forced myself to update now so I won't delay your hearts any further!

By far this has been my favorite story to write and I hope by the end of this, you've watched RWBY and it has become your favorite as well :) I'm sorry if this last chapter seems rushed and unexpected but you know what i dont care fck u

Uhhh I'm not really quite sure what to say. I love all the support I've been getting. Especially those long rants haha I can only name a few from the top of my head but I really really really REALLY appreciate all of you except silent readers because you this is the last chapter you better comment

I'd totally continue and expand this story but some stories have to end you know? I feel like if I stretch the story out longer it'll just get overly complicated and frustrating. Though I do hint at possible sequels because a certain Adam has escaped. Lmao.

This has been my priority story for a while now. I've been putting off the sequel to Animal and oh my forgotten Emotionless and ECR stories which I don't think I'm going to ever update. If anyone has been here long before 25,000 Miles has been taken off, come ask me about it. It was a pretty good story and I may reupload it. btw who wants a bumblebee wikia?

So if you've enjoyed Bumblebee and are a first time reader at my work, definitely check my other out. Just click on my profile and look at my stories. Other than Animal and My Balloon Girl, I've got a few lurking One Shots here and there and before anyone asks NO I WILL NOT ING CONTINUE FREE RUNNER GOD DAMN IT IT'S TAGGED ONE-SHOT FOR A REASON YOU PRICKS

Before anything though. I would just like to thank Monty Oum for creating RWBY. Honestly, this story would have never been written if RWBY wasn't created.

they deserve all the attention they can get! if you havent watched anything rwby start NOW!!

 

Anyways. Now I'm wondering, now that Bumblebee is done. What should I do? You guys have no idea. I'm on this website 24 ing 7. Not because I'm reading someone else's fanfic (this is very rare the last thing I've subscribed to was 2 years ago??) i just lurk around and reread comments. You have no idea how much comments mean to me.

So, Bumblebee is the ship name of original RWBY characters Blake x Yang. You would think I ship them the hardest because I made a fanfic about them, but the truth is I ship nothing harder than WhiteRose (Ruby x Weiss or in this story Jessica x Rosie)

So I actually, plan to make a sort of side-story or sequel if you can call it focusing on those two called WhiteRose. So if you can't get enough of me //smirks subscribe and watch out for my name Weiss_Knight because I may or may not be making a Bumblebee sequel called WhiteRose. Also from time to time if I get bored I might write stand alone chapters and add them here like, Ice and Roy's life or even make Luna and Sol the main characters. 

But I definitely like the idea of a White Rose fanfic..

so yeah definitely keep in touch with me guys! Keep on the look out. Comment down below ANY questions you have and I promise to answer ALL of them. Btw before I forget, I didn't mention it but to anyone who likes Alisa, she does get recreated by Verrick :)

But seriously. White Rose Sequel anyone?

Anyone???

ANYONE????????????????????????????/

//SCREAMS

DON'T FORGET TO UPVOTE AND COMMENT YOU CACTUS!! THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING

//puts on aviators

WEISS_KNIGHT OUT!

 

**EDIT

ALSO I MADE A VIDEO CALLED "How to Fanfic" which is some basic advice on how to write by me. Vid right here : https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=936666796353237