Can I take your order?

Bumblebee

[ → Bumblebee ← ]

  "Can I take your order?"

10


For the first time ever, it rained in the arena. As if, suddenly, whatever spiritual entity existed, favored Taeyeon for the day.

The water from the pouring rain was a huge advantage for the electric user. Water was extremely conductable, a complete compliment of perfection for Taeyeon. She had just killed her first grimm when the fake sky began to cry. Realizing the advantage she now had, she retreated back into the trees, picking a nice and bushy tree to hide herself from both enemies.

She sat on a thick branch that supported her weight finely and closed her eyes. Other than the nonstop tapping the rain made, she listened carefully and distinguished the sounds everything else made.

Howls, growls, screams, and whispers were all heard during her intense study. She could guess that at least 20 people were in close range of her. Grimm were getting wiped out one by one, and soon, until Half-Time or the Master Grimm, all that was left to do was kill another.

The arena was huge but Taeyeon couldn't guess where and when it ended. From her vantage point, it looked endless like the ocean. She knew it had to stop somewhere but she didn't dare try to find out. Afterall, it would be a heavy risk and a waste of time and energy.

With her back against the tree and the tree onto the floor, using the help of the water, Taeyeon could feel everything.

It was difficult to describe. For Taeyeon, it was a second nature. Despite her semblance regularly growing out of control, when it connected to something she dominated over, it formed a relationship to the user. Her sword was an example. Instead of wielding it like a different part of herself, for Taeyeon, it felt like another hand. After training and studying, Taeyeon learned that if she was to touch water, anything else that were to touch the water as well would be connected to her.

Long story short, the entire floor of the arena was under Taeyeon's control. And if she wanted to, she could electrocute everybody in a split second. But she wasn't that good at controlling her semblance just yet. If Taeyeon were to put that gruesome plan into action, there was a very big possiblity she would, and could, kill Tiffany and the rest of the team. And if she were to fail, her aura would be severely low that just a punch would vaporize her. So all in all, Taeyeon decided not to do it.

Instead, she focused on defending herself for the rest of the bloody event. Taeyeon and Team IJR had plans to meet up in the battlefield, even developing certain signals and words for quick communication. But Taeyeon has yet to see or hear from any one of them.

A strange sensation grew upon her and she realized someone was coming close. Taking her sword, she hastily hopped from one branch to another, trying to get away.


Ice was terrible at stealth. The moment she saw a grimm she screamed into the air and launched herself at it's belly, punching it and damaging it severely. But because of her screams of victory, she became a victim of a solo player killing party, also known as the "Sparks". They were group of Hunters that made alliances beforehand in the game and tried to survive altogether. If you were to betray them, the entire team would go against you. But they proved to be no match to Ice's dominate and harsh strength as she brutally showed what she was capable of.

However, there was one huntress in particular that countered Ice completely. After the Sparks left her alone, one woman followed her personally and challenged her.

"There's no one around, it's just you and me." She grinned with a confident look. "And if someone were to disturb us, I call a temporary truce. We destroy whoever bothers us, then we continue. How does that sound?"

"It sounds shady as ." Ice replied with a smug look on her face. She unlocked her gauntlets before tossing a new case of bullets in the air and reloading. Then, a greedy smile. "But you're on." It didn't occur to Ice that this wasn't a game anymore. Or maybe it did and she just didn't care. Whatever encouraged her was, however, a fatal mistake.

Her name was Neo. She wielded a fancy umbrella that absorbed attacks exceptionally well. Her hair was split to the side, pink and light brown, the same as her eye color. Whenever she blinked, the colors would switch sides. Pink and Brown. Brown and Pink. Pink and Brown. Brown and Pink. Over and over again.

She was a lot shorter and less muscular than Ice was. But when they began to fight..

Ice launched the first attack, particularly aiming for the head, when Neo simply dodged to the side. Ice continued a chain of long and strong combos, impatiently waiting for a moment of contact. She kicked, punched, twirled, and shot. But nothing hit the strange girl as she elegantly danced through all the attacks. Ice was a balanced type of Hunter. Her agility wasn't as fast as others, but her strength made up for it. But trying to continously attack the mocking girl, she found herself getting more tired and tired.

Until then, one hit from the girl's umbrella knocked her deathly unconcious. Too tired to get up, Ice laid on the floor and accepted whatever was to happen.

The girl walked over to Ice's side and pulled at the cane of her umbrella, revealing a long and thin sword. Just as she positioned it ontop of Ice, Rosie managed to run quickly, with the help of her speedy semblance, and push the girl away. She stood in front of Ice and began to shoot her weapon enough to scare Neo away. Then, shaking her sister awake, the two left together in search for the others.


Jessica had a tricky situation. She only had a particular amount of dust supply stashed in her weapon and she purposely planned on using it against the Master Grimm. Hiding in the forest just like Taeyeon was doing, she was doing well until she encountered a large and buff man. She tried to escape, not wanting to waste her dust, when the man proved to be a clingy one.

He had to be at least 6 feet high. His face was covered by a white and red mask that added to his demonic features. Not caring for armor, his sleeves were bare and ripped, showing his intense muscles. He dragged behind him a much larger sword than normal. It ripped through the ground as it created a terrorizing sound of a chainsaw. Dumbly, Jessica realized his weapon. It was a long sword rigged with smaller blades on the edges, just like a chainsaw.

Without guilt, he swung his weapon at the tree Jessica had been on. "Come on down princess." His voice was deep and sadistic, enough to spark a small sense of fear onto Jessica as she gracefully stepped down facing the intimidating man.

Just as Jessica guessed, he was slower than he looked. She dodged him with ease and poked him whenever she could. But she knew not to take it too far and defended herself as well. One large hit from him could prove to be fatal. She taunted him as she activated her semblance, surrounding his entire figure. Then from one glyph to another, she struck him in ten different places all in the same second. It caught him off balance and Jessica jumped up, ready to establish the final blow.

When suddenly, he extended his bear-like hands out and grabbed Jessica on the face. Catching her by surprise, he pulled his hand back and focused all his energy into slamming her onto the ground. Soon after, he tossed her into the air, and with the intent to slice her in half, swung his chainsaw to meet Jessica's body midway.


With the timer hitting an hour, a voice echoed through the arena announcing the remaining players.

 

There are 60 people remaining.

 

"Half-time.." mumbled Taeyeon. She pulled her sword out of a dead grimm and hopped back into retreat. Remembering what she had learned from Ruby, Half-Time was just ten persons away.

Half-Time was when 50 people were left. Grimm would spawn twice the rate and at any random spot -- even in a tree. It was meant to speed up the process of eliminating the rest of the hunters and leave the truly legendary ones behind.

Taeyeon took a dangerous bet and headed for the middle of the arena where nothing was to hide her from sight. Though it was still raining, the large lake would truly do more damage than a few raindrops on someone's body. And if grimm were to spawn, they would surely spawn dry. She stood in the middle of the lake, sword in hand, eyes closed, and waited.

Then finally :

 

There are 50 people remaining. Half-Time will now begin.

 

This was the part where everyone's tactics would change. Taeyeon guessed that no one who waited for half-time would publicly attack Taeyeon in the middle of the lake. She also didn't bother to hide her blazing electrical sword that she twirled around with ease. And she was right, because until half-time, she was left purely alone.

When the shouts and hissing of the grimm grew closer and the splash and slops of the water was heard, Taeyeon simply stuck her sword into the water.

The entire body of water erupted in a bright and dangerous light as the sound thundered throughout the arena. Apparently, a water-breathing faunus had been hiding in the water as well. Taeyeon noticed this when she saw their body float to the surface. A moment after, she watched them turn into countless golden feathers and vaporize. She was surprised when she realized she felt nothing for the person and wondered if she had truly gone insane.

Half-time lasted for five minutes, so for five minutes Taeyeon stood there, sword in the water, and simply waited. Idiotic grimm would jump at her, only to find themselves shivering in shock in the water a second later. The only problem then was the moment after Half-Time was over. By now, it would be obvious to everyone that Taeyeon was alone in the middle of the arena. Without a doubt, groups would charge at her afterwards.

She watched the clock intensely, only to be surprised when she saw a man thrown into her deadly waters. A running chainsaw was left on the beach and then Taeyeon saw--

Jessica was unconcious. She was held in a bridal style way by the person Taeyeon risked her life for.

Tiffany.

Half-Time is now over. 30 people remaining.

 

The lake was piled with dead grimm everywhere. After Taeyeon pulled back her sword, the lake went back into it's regular color, only occasionally sparking here and there. Tiffany laid Jessica gently down on the beach when Taeyeon and her shared eye contact.

For the first time ever, Taeyeon saw Tiffany without her bow. Just like Sun had said before, on her head were a pair of kitty ears that twitched with excitement. Terribly afraid it would just be a dream, Taeyeon wasted no time and ran her way. Tiffany stood up and took a step back, but it was too late when Taeyeon launched herself and pulled her into a long awaited hug.

"Tiffany...Tiffany..Tiffany!" Taeyeon repeated over and over again, sobbing into her shoulder. She was sure her tight grip was hurting the younger woman, but she didn't care. What she was feeling was real and she never wanted to let go.

"Taeyeon..I.." It had been months since Taeyeon heard Tiffany's lovely voice and she was beyond happy to hear it hadn't changed. Tiffany didn't know what to say. She was sure Taeyeon had hated her when she left yet--

"I've missed you so much, oh my god." Taeyeon pulled back, still wiping her tears. "I wanted to tell you so badly. I don't care if you're a faunus, damn it Tiffany, we don't care about any of that!"

"You..you don't care?"

"What difference does it make if you have these--" Taeyeon flicked Tiffany's ears playfully. "These cute things? You're still Tiffany. The Tiffany I know." And the Tiffany I love. "And God, I'm so happy to see you're still alive." Once again, Taeyeon pulled Tiffany into a hug. Jessica began to stir and wake up, then a moment later, the duo saw the sisters running towards them in a distance.

Soon..Taeyeon thought. Soon Team TIJR will be back together.


Tiffany explained to them everything.

The five of them had fought their way back into the shadows of the forest. Ice kept guard as she simultaneously listened to the story.

To start off, the war between humans and faunus had began a long time ago. Still, it was obvious what the effects still did to the modern generation of today. Ever since the war, all faunus had been unjustly and unfairly labeled as a threat to human life. Though the faunus tried to communicate peace, the compromise made was nothing to what had actually happened.

Although promised a better and equal life, faunus were stripped of all rights, treated like worthless animals, attacked, tortured, shamed, hated, and pushed away by cruel human rules. At first, Tiffany explained, faunus tried to survive the cruel life. But when this proved to be useless, some faunus took it into action and began using violence. It began to work, but people treated them equally not out of love, but out of fear.

Fear that drove all faunus to hide what they are. Fear that caused Tiffany to run that day.

"You guys don't understand." cried Tiffany. "You're all born into a regular life. I was born and told that I had no life. I was told to hide who I was. I've been called a liar, a killer, a psycho, heartless, insane, a criminal--" Tiffany continued on without breath. "I want to gain the respect I deserve. And if winning this stupid festival will gain me that respect, I'll do it." Jessica stood up abruptly and grabbed Tiffany by the collar. Rosie jumped up and so did Taeyeon, ready to pounce if anything were to get out of control.

"Tiffany, the next time something big like this happens.." Jessica's voice was a little off and it was obvious she had been crying. "Remember you have a team. Don't just run away. No matter what happens or who you are, you're still our leader and that isn't going to change." Tiffany dropped her hand and avoided eye contact. Then, bowing her head down and wiping a tear, she said with a smile. "Okay."

Ice grinned happily, "Alright, Team TIJR is back togetherrrr!!"

Then, as if reminding them they were still in the festival --

 

There are 20 people remaining.

 

"We can win this and if we're going to win this, we're going to have to do it as a team." Jessica smiled encouragingly. They all looked at each other, then at Taeyeon.

"It may not be official, but I'll always treat you like you're apart of our team, Taeyeon." Rosie graciously expressed. "Now.." She said pulling out her scythe. "Let's kick some ."


Originally, they grouped up together and searched throughout the forest as a five-party team. But because of this, no one seemed to dare and try to reveal themselves. So instead, they split apart. Rosie and Jessica paired up and searched East. Ice daringly insisted she go alone and headed north leaving Taeyeon and Tiffany to search Southwest.

The grimm population had immensely decreased. What was left were grimm that were big and terribly powerful. So far, the duo had encountered one but found no trouble in defeating it. They strolled around leisurely, but ready and alert in case something were to happen.

"Taeyeon you got a lot.." Tiffany's eyes roamed Taeyeon's body as her face flushed. "Uhm...daring.."

"After you left, I had to get a new teacher." chuckled Taeyeon. "I'm a lot stronger now too. Strong enough to protect you, I really hope."

"Hey, we're protecting each other alright?" Tiffany's smile turned into a playful grin as they walked forward and deeper into the forest.

Taeyeon looked up at the clock and saw the time nearing two hours. The group had decided to meet back in the middle and when the timer hit 2 hours exactly. She told Tiffany this and suggested they go back.

"Tiffany, we should head ba--" She was brought to silence when Tiffany shoved a hand on . "Shhh!" She violently hushed. Taeyeon opened to complain when she felt another sensation. The rain had stopped for a while now, but the water everywhere still allowed her to feel somewhat of a connection.

Out of no where, a snake classed grimm popped out of the ground separating the two from each other. If Taeyeon studied correctly, it was called a King Taijitu. It was a two-headed snake, one black and one white to present balance. Analyzing it quickly, she dodged to gain a meaningful distance.

The two attacked, complimenting each other's styles when Tiffany yelled, "Taeyeon, you take the white one, I'll take this one!" With a quick nod, Taeyeon charged ahead and swung aggressively at it's body. It hissed and turned its head where it then struck onto the ground Taeyeon once stood. Dodging and attack, Taeyeon repeated the process looking at Tiffany from time to time.

Tiffany had easily defeated hers and now what was left was Taeyeon's. It was far more aggressive now that it's other head was gone and attacked erratically.

Tiffany hopped back. "Taeyeon, buy me some time!" She gripped her sword tightly, focusing her energy intensely for her special attack. Taeyeon tried her best, but compared to Tiffany, she was still fairly new at this. Not to mention this was her first time she had ever fought a King Taijitu.

It didn't take Tiffany long to muster up all her energy for her final strike, but apparently it had been long enough.

When Tiffany looked back at Taeyeon, she'd frozen.

The King's fangs buried itself deeply into Taeyeon's shoulder and Tiffany could see the glint of the white fang appear on the other side. It had broken past Taeyeon's defensive aura and even from the distance, she could see the blood splatter on the King's white scaly skin.

Unlike Tiffany who was frozen in place, Taeyeon shivered, her grip on her sword tighter than ever, and lunged forward with a scream. Her brave action had broken the King's fang completely as she beheaded the entire thing in a swift movement. Tiffany loosened her grip of her weapon, and when she saw the swaying of Taeyeon, dashed and caught Taeyeon just before she fell onto the ground.

Tiffany struggled with Taeyeon's weight as she tried to get a better grasp of the girl. Despite the heavy armoring installed in her left arm, the fang completely broke through and ripped the delicate armor into pieces. She saw the puncture wounds created by the fang and shivered at the sight. Within seconds, the blue color of Taeyeon's armor was soaked in blood -- the color being red like roses.

Trying her best not to panic, she carried the girl behind her back and began to head back to her group's meet up location. She hadn't met any hunters on the way and she prayed that they wouldn't get her now.

As she started her journey, Taeyeon moaned.

She was in shock, overcome with grief, and, in the depths of her heart, she knew there was no hope. Taeyeon needed help that she couldn't give, and she couldn't go anywhere for help. It would be senseless to leave Taeyeon and get the rest of the members and come back. But she didn't want to face the truth in her heart. She turned away from sense and gave in to panic.

She spied the lake and, in an irrational moment, raced through the trees. Taeyeon moaned again, tossed her head, and opened her eyes. Then Tiffany realized her running had caused blood to escape even more. She bit her lip and walked slow.

"That...hurt.." Taeyeon mumbled. The halfhearted grin turned to a grimace of pain. "Tiffany...I.."

"Save your strength." replied Tiffany. "We're almost there, I can protect you by the lake. We'll just slip your sword onto the ocean then wait for the festival to be over."

Taeyeon tried to shake her head but it hurt too much. She spoke in fragments, "Won't work..sword only works if I'm using it.." Tiffany bit her lip and tried to encourage the girl. It was the only thing she knew how to do. Or rather, only thing she can do.

Tiffany didn't dare try to reposition Taeyeon for her own comfort. Still a little tired and full of panic, she walked as fast as her legs could towards the center. Taeyeon tried to talk but her words were slightly slurred from the blood loss and it was obvious in her voice that she was in incredible amounts of pain.

But the long period of silence poked Tiffany endlessly. Other than the rustling of her feet as she walked along the grass, she listened and felt Taeyeon's warm breath that tickled her neck. She breathed raggedly and erratically. Occasionally when Tiffany made a sharp movement, she would whimper.

Tiffany talked to Taeyeon, telling her not to answer. She apologized for running away blindly without thinking about what she cared. She told her stories on how she appreciated Taeyeon's bright smile whenever she asked, "Can I take your order?". Now that they realized it, everything began with those five words.

"You made my mornings better and everything you've done means a lot to me." Tiffany said.

"Tiffany." Taeyeon took into her hands, Tiffany's collar, gripping it, weak and trembling with the effort of her remaining energy. "You mean a lot to me too."

Despite it being an inappropriate time, Tiffany blushed. She turned her head back to the front and walked a little faster this time. She talked as well, still insistent that Taeyeon not talk. She listened to her broken and pained breathing as she sighed and carried on further. Taeyeon's blood had spilled onto her back as well, leaving a rather odd and unpleasant feeling. Finally, in a fair distance, she saw Ice, Jessica, and Rosie waiting. 

She screamed for their help, not caring whether or not the remaining 20 would hear them, then after a moment, the team ran towards them.

"Taeyeon, you see? We made it. Just like I said we would." She tiredly smiled. Tiffany looked back over her shoulder when Taeyeon didn't respond. Then with a shock, she realized she hadn't heard Taeyeon's breathing in a while.

As if on cue, the announcer boomed:

There are ten people remaining. Master Grimm has now spawned.

Time stood still.

 

Evening. City. Breeze. A slight chill.

The two stood on the terrace side by side, gazing out onto the city shining bright.

Leaves rustled. Cars vroomed past as they hurried home to escape the darkness. Taeyeon came in closer, then leaned her head on her shoulder. They silently observed the colors of the world shift and blur.

Eventually, Taeyeon spoke up.

"I'm a little sleepy." Taeyeon looked into girl she loved the most, Tiffany's golden eyes. "Mind if we sit down and I take a nap on your shoulder?"

Tiffany smiled and answered, "Go right ahead. Good night..."

 

Just like then, Taeyeon looked up at Tiffany from her arms, her face beaming, her eyes full of love. But the weight and warmth of that previous time were gone.

Her body slowly took on a golden glow. Motes of light separated and scattered.

"Tae..yeon..?" Tiffany's voice trembled. But the light mercilessly glowed brighter.

A single shed fell from her eye, sparkled momentarily, then vanished. Her lips moved, faintly, carving the sounds Tiffany couldn't hear.

Swish....

The light on Tiffany's arm flashed, then burst, countless golden feathers floating through the air.

And then she was gone.