Episode 7: Off-Camera Scenes #4 & Babysitting

We Got Married

It was the morning after the party. Yuri woke up but kept her eyes closed. "What's this?" she thought. She forgot she fell asleep hugging Minho. She felt a strong pair of arms holding her in a gentle embrace. She opened her eyes; Minho's shoulder was blocking her view. She pulled herself far enough to look at Minho.

"He looks so precious". Minho was still deeply asleep, but he held Yuri in his arms like a baby. Yuri gently touched Minho's cheek, but she started to worry. Minho was unusually warm. Yuri felt around the rest of his face and his neck. Yes, he was warm, too warm.

"Oh, no".

She looked at the clock on the bedside table. 11.45 am. It was almost time for lunch. She gently withdrew herself from his embrace. She put a pillow to replace her former position; one last glance at Minho and she went downstairs.

The staff hadn't come yet, so all the cameras were set on the floor and were off. "They must've known we'd oversleep". Yuri tied her hair in a bun and made a quick breakfast. Although it was almost lunch, she doubted that a heavy meal after waking up was wise, especially for Minho. She prepared a special breakfast for Minho. Rice, meat and seaweed soup. She placed all this on a serving tray along with medicine and a cup of water; she brought them upstairs.

Minho was, of course, still asleep; or so it seemed to be. His position had changed. He was lying on his back, his arm covering his eyes. Yuri smiled at him and set down the dish on the bed next to him.

"Minho-ya, you awake?". She received no reply, so she tapped him softly on his arm. "Minho-ya, wake up". Minho groaned in reply. "You feeling alright?" Yuri asked. Again, Minho groaned. "I knew it", she said. She gently pulled Minho's arm down and Minho turned to look at her. "I don't feel well", he groaned. Yuri smiled. "I know", she said. Yuri's smile grew wider as Minho casted her a confused look. "You were very warm in the morning. I expect you have a fever?".

Minho finally noticed the tray of food next to him, along with the pills Yuri put there. He groaned as he turned away, but Yuri stopped him. "Hey, you better eat something", she urged. "You need strength to get better". Minho finally sat up with Yuri's help. He was propped up on pillows the had as Yuri placed the serving tray in front of him. Reluctantly, he ate the food and drank the soup; in the meantime, Yuri was in the bathroom washing herself up. She had a quick shower. When she came out, Minho was done with his food, but the medicine remained. "Hey", she said. "You have to take your medicine too". Minho was reluctant, but he finally gave in to Yuri's stern stare. "Guess I'm not the only one with the Flaming Charisma look, huh?" he thought.

Yuri was about to bring the tray downstairs when her phone started to ring. The room was filled with her ringtone, which happened to be SHINee's Replay. Yuri was unfazed by her ringtone, but Minho smirked at her as she answered her phone.

Yul: Yobeoseyo?

PD: Yuri-ssi!

Yul: Oh, PD-nim, how may I help you?

PD: Just checking on you, are you guys okay to film today?


Yuri looked at Minho, he had laid back down and was looking at her.


Yul: I'm sorry, but Minho's not feeling well today, he has a fever.

PD: Oh, that's too bad.


Yuri heard the producer relaying the news to the fellow staff. She could her murmuring in the background, then suddenly fast and excited murmurs.


Yul: PD-nim..-

PD: Yuri-ssi, I think we have to come over!

Yul: W-why?

PD: Are you taking care of Minho now?

Yul: Y-yes, but what does that have to do with th-

PD: This will make great footage! We can put the footage on the show to show everyone the loving, wife side of you! But it's entirely up to you, of course. What do you say, Yuri?


Yuri looked at Minho again, he casted her a confused look.


Yul: Uhm... Sure, I guess it should be okay!

PD: Thanks, Yuri-ssi, you're great!


Yuri put down the phone and explained everything to Minho. He listened attentively and after a few minutes, he spoke up.

"So basically, he's gonna show off to the entire world that you're a good wife?" he said. "I guess", she chuckled. "You better get some rest, they'll be here in another hour".

[WARNING]: All film(ed/ing) scenes are completed, edited scenes that will air on television.

*FILMING*

Yuri was walking up the staircase to the bedroom. Minho was seen lying down, the television in front of him on. Minho seemed to be oblivious to Yuri's presence until she laid down next to him.


MCs: Omona!

Yuri: Feeling better yet?

Minho: A little, but the medicine doesn't work that fast, you know.

Yuri jokingly rolled her eyes as she reached for the water jug on the bedside table next to her. She poured water into a glass and gave it to Minho.


MC1: Did Minho get sick because of the party yesterday?


*INTERVIEW*

Question: How did Minho get sick?

Yuri: I'm not too sure, but I'm gonna assume it was because of the party?
He didn't eat a lot and he moved around a lot that night, I expect his body is tired and trying to recover.


Minho: Being honest, I'm not too sure, actually.
I think I had some symptoms earlier; I had a bit of a cold for the past few days.


MC2: Oh, they're both saying different things!

MC3: Neither of them know the cause.


Minho: Yuri-ah, can you turn off the air-con? I'm freezing my off here.

Yuri casted him a confused look and looked at the air-con.


Yuri: Minho-ya, it's off..?


Minho looked at the air-con and sighed as he shivered.


Minho: Looks like this sickness really hit me hard, huh?


Yuri smiled at him lovingly.


Yuri: Don't worry, you'll be better soon.

Yuri walks out of shot, and soon, they hear the bathroom door close. In the meantime of Yuri's bathroom trip, Minho nuzzled under the covers and went to sleep. Yuri came out a few minutes later.

She went downstairs and cut some fruit for herself, and a little for Minho. She brought them upstairs and set them on the bedside table on her side. She sat on the bed and watched tv; ate the fruits and waited for Minho to wake up.

The scene fast-forwards and Minho's wide awake and finally sitting up in bed; with Yuri feeding him the remaining fruits.

MCs: Omoooo!

When Minho was done, Yuri was going to walk out to bring the dish to the kitchen, but Minho stopped her.

Yuri: Waeyo?

Minho: Stay with me.

MCs: Minho-ya, wae geu rae?!

Yuri smirked at him.

Yuri: Why do you want me to?

Minho: I feel lonely whenever you go.

Minho gave Yuri his signature pout and she sighed, signaling defeat. She sat down on the bed next to him.

Yuri: Why is it so hard to say no to you?


MC2: Don't you think Yuri would be really lonely whenever Minho goes to sleep?

MC3: I know, and Minho says he gets lonely when he!'s the one leaving her?

MC2: Minho's lucky to have a wife like her!

MC1: It's okay, when you get married 20 years later, it'll be the best time of your life when your husband sleeps!


*FILMING ENDS*

Yuri walks the staff to the front door. She turns to talk to the producer. "PD-nim", she said. "I'm sorry you didn't get much footage, I just-". The producer cut her off in the middle of her sentence. "It's okay Yuri-ssi", he said. "I know Minho is not fit to film fully, but we managed to get enough footage, don't worry". The producer patted her on the shoulder as she greeted the staff goodbye. She came back upstairs and saw Minho still sitting up in bed playing with his phone.

Minho noticed Yuri had come in and patted the spot next to him, indicating for her to sit back down where she was. Yuri did it, and Minho tucked the both of them in.

"But I'm not cold..?" Yuri asked in a confused tone."Oh, sorry", Minho said. "I'm freezing, it just makes it seem like you're cold too".

Yuri chuckled as she moved closer to him. She reached for Minho's arm and put it around her shoulder. "H-huh?" Minho stuttered. "You said you were cold, physical contact brings up heat", Yuri said. "It's good to share heat like this, no?"

Minho looked at Yuri and smirked.

"You just wanted me to put my arm around you, didn't you?" he said. Yuri looked at him. They stared at each other for quite some time until Yuri broke the silence. "Don't lie", she said. "You like it too". Minho chuckled at her statement, but grew serious after. "But wouldn't you catch my cold? You'll fall sick too!". Yuri shook her head.

"I don't catch colds easily, I'll be fine". She nuzzled on Minho's shoulder and Minho pulled her closer to him. "If you're sure", he muttered. Yuri raised her head and looked at him with love in her eyes. "I'm sure", she softly said. Unconsciously, she gently kissed Minho on the cheek. When she pulled back, Minho stared into the abyss for a good ten seconds.

"What was that for?", he asked. "No clue", Yuri said. Minho and Yuri shared a good laugh. After recollecting themselves, Minho gave Yuri a kiss on the forehead too. Yuri didn't even bat an eye. "No clue too?" she asked. "Not at all", Minho replied. Yuri smiled at him and put her head on his shoulder once more as Minho placed his cheek on Yuri's head.

 

*PREVIEW FOR NEXT EPISODE*

Yuri and Minho have their wedding photoshoot!

Minho: Let's hope they don't make us do anything awkward.

Yuri: True, but don't jinx it!

 

Hi guys heh usual update for you here.

I tried to make this chapter as interesting as possible, but I've had this Minho-getting-sick-and-Yuri-taking-care-of-him plot for a long time now but after writing it down I got nowhere uuuugh the struggle is real.

But hey, again if you guys have any plot you'd like me to include in my story, I'd take the challenge! HAHAH aka I'll try my best to write it and include it in one of my chapters heh