New Life

Love In The Ice

A/N: Since I nearly finish my second fanfic, I’m just going to post this chapter up, hope you like it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hopped onto the bus and went to the very back seat. You sat down and looked out of the window, * New school, new environment, new people, * you sighed, * At least they won't know about my old self, so it should be fine. *

You recalled what had happened that day.

It was just like a normal school day. You grabbed your homemade lunch box and kissed your parents goodbye. You happily walked to school, having fun with a few friends, enjoying your wonderful teenage life. Suddenly you had received a call from you father, telling you to hurry to the hospital. You quickly got there only to see your mother lying lifelessly on the bed.

"Omma," your voice trembled.

"~~~~~~~ -ah?" your mother made an effort to open her eyes. She looked at you for a while before opening , "Mianhe. Omma didn't tell you that I am really sick. And omma knows that my time has come. You promise me to be a good girl and take care of yourself, araso? Remember omma always loves you."

"Omma, no...please don't go," you choked as tears kept falling from your eyes.

"~~~~~~~ -ah, just promise me not to make me worry, araso?" she said breathlessly.

"Araso," you tried to stop yourself from crying but failed.

Your mother slowly reached out her hand and wiped your tears with her cold fingers, "I love you, my baby," she whispered.

"I love you too, omma," you managed to say them between your chokes.

She stared at you for a good while. A small drop of tears escaped from the corner of her eye. Then she slowly shut her eyes, forever.

The most dreadful thing had yet to come.

That night, your father suddenly used his serious tone and said, "~~~~~~~ -ah, I would like to have a word with you."

"Yes, appa?" you asked.

"You...you are acctually not my daughter," he solemnly said.

"You are joking, right?...Appa?" you forced yourself to smile, not believing what your father had just told you.

"No," he sighed, "I'm serious. And since your mother had died, I know it sounds very mean, but I want you to leave."

You looked at him, dumbfounded. You had never thought your beloved father was actually not related to you and the fact that he had just told you to leave shocked you.

"I understand," you said simply, "I'll leave tomorrow," you quickly walked away and went back to pack up your belongings.

* How could he do this to me? So all the love and care he had given me was fake? He doesn't even treat me as his daughter! * you felt betrayed. Tears were falling non-stop as you thought about the two most shocking things that hit you on the same day. Yet you couldn't help it. After all you were an orphan now and you so-called father had no obligation to take care of you. Even if he would kindly took care of you, you wouldn't feel comfortable since you were no longer related and you didn't want to burden him.

You quickly packed your things and left early in the morning. You stayed at your best friend, Jisun's apartment for the time being, and immediately moved out once you found another apartment near hers.

Not that Jisun would mind sharing her home, but as an independent person you were, you wouldn't want to bother her too much. And after your mother's death, you had changed totally. You did feel bad when other people were helping you, thinking that they did that because they pitied you. So you would try not to seek help from others. Though you wouldn't mind to recieve little help from Jisun sometimes, as she was your most trusted friend.

Now, you were transferring to a new school, the school which Jisun was studying at. You were relieved that only Jisun knew about you, so you could start a new life here.

The bus had finally arrived. You walked out and looked at the building in front, * Seoul High, * you took a deep breath and stepped in.

You went to the administration office, took your things, and then headed to you classroom.

"~~~~~~~ -ah!" you turned around and saw Jisun.

"Jisun -ah," you could only smile so freely in front of her.

"Are we in the same class?" she looked at your timetable.

"I guess," you grinned and hugged her.

"Wait for me tomorrow, so we can go to school together," she said.

"Araso," you laughed.

 

As you were chatting with Jisun, someone watched you from the back, * I wonder who that is. She looks so beautiful especially with her smile, * he lightly chuckled, * And she looks different from other girl. *

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please comment!