Baozi, shortie, panda, goofy

The Cook and the Bunny

POV Xiumin

What was doing outside? I sighed and looked around. It was midnight and he still wasn't there. He won't come. I turned to close the store but stopped. Five minutes. Let's wait five minutes more before I close the store. I don't know why I wanted him to come that much. It must be because I can't stand people who doesn't eat properly. I had already picked out some food for him. Although there were a lot, the price was still low. I stretched. How long will he make me wait?

 As I started to give up, I heard someone running toward me. I smiled. So he eventually came. I greeted him and he followed me inside. He was wearing the sunglasses and the mask again. I wonder why? He may be sick. The skinny boy looked at the food I had prepared. He sighed in relief as he saw the price. I held my chuckle. Even though I couldn't see his face, I imagined what kind of face he was doing right now.

He paid for the food and bowed to me many times while thanking me. Just like yesterday. I lifted my head and ruffled his hair and slightly laughed. He was definitely cute. He stood here blankly in front of me. I found it quite weird. He seemed to realize that he had been staring at me and muttered some inaudible thing. He turned to walk away but his feet bumped on one of the basket and he fell down. I covered my mouth not to laugh. It was exactly like in the cartoons. He mumbled something. He might hurt himself. I squatted down and asked him if he was okay.

He didn't answer me and started to stand up. I grabbed his arm to help him. He suddenly violently pushed me away. I almost fell on the ground. A bit confused by his action, I looked at him. In the push, his sunglasses fell down and his mask was half gone. I widen my eyes I recognized him.

-"Luhan?" I whispered

I couldn't believe that the most famous actor of Korea was in front of me. I stepped toward him. He immediately put his arms in front of him to protect himself. I stopped and stared at him. I was about to say something when I heard someone calling his name. Luhan lifted his head up and rushed out toward the voice. I stood here a few seconds, trying to understand what happened. I was still shocked by Luhan behavior. Not because he violently pushed me away but because of the strong fear I saw in his eyes. What provoked that fear? Maybe when I touched him? Luhan has a human phobia?

I looked on the floor and whined. Now I had to tidy the baskets up. Once I was done, I turned off the light and closed the store. I still felt weird about the actor's reaction. Anyway it wasn't my business, I had to focus on the exams. I crossed the road and headed to my apartment. It had its advantages to work in front of your home. I walked toward my bedroom and undressed myself. I sat on my bed and checked the alarm clock. It must ring at six am. I hope that I will hear it this time. I covered my body with the blanket and closed my eyes.

The noisy ring of the alarm clock woke me up. I turned it off and closed my eyes again.  No, no , no I shouldn't fall asleep again. I sat on my bed and stayed like this for a few minutes. I wanted to go back to sleep but I couldn't be late anymore or else the teachers will scold me., once again. I stood up and went in the bathroom. I washed my face. I looked at my body in the mirror. I hope that the abs won't disappear... I didn't find the time to work out these days. I walked back to the bedroom and got dressed. My tummy growled. I patted it and grabbed something to fed it on my way to the school.

I closed the door and headed out of the tenement. I walked a few meters and realized that I had forgotten my bag. I face palmed and ran back to my apartment. I guess that I will be late today too. I picked up my back and ran toward the bus stop. I almost missed it. Finally , I won't be late. A goofy and proud smile appeared on my face. The man in front of me looked at me weirdly and moved away. I sulked a bit. Was I that creepy?

I got down at the right stop and slowly walked toward the school. On the way, I met others students. They were all running to the school. Thinking that I was late, I ran with them. I was surprised to see that there was a crowd amassed in front of the school gate. What was happening? I jumped in order to see what was going on but couldn't. I look at my watch. I had never been that early. I couldn't wait to see the teacher's expression. I sneaked in the crowd and passed through it. I joyfully walked in the corridors. I felt an arm wrapping itself around my should.

-"Did you stay up all night?" Tao asked

I playfully pushed him away and pinched his arm. Was it that exceptional for me to be on time? My three friends nodded. I rolled my eyes and kept on walking. I asked them if they knew what was going on at the school gate. Kyungsoo explain that Kim Jongdae was visiting the school today. I widen my eyes. THE Kim Jongdae? He was one of the most well known cook in Korea. He had studied in France and his cook is the best. It's really amazing to have his level in cooking at his age. My friend added that he would chose four  of our sunbaes as his students.  I was jealous. They were so lucky !

Since our professors were with Jongdae, we had some free time for an hour. The four of us decided to go in one of the kitchen where we have class. We put our bags on the floor and sat at the table. We wanted to practice to be ready for the exam. We will have to cook a whole menu, entry, main dish and dessert. I was a bit stressed. I didn't know if I could manage my time well. We started to prepare our ingredients. We would make a lunch of us. Normally it was forbidden to use the kitchen when no professors were around but it wasn't the first time that My friends and I were doing it. As long as we clean when we are done, the teachers don't notice anything.

We all started to cook, except Tao. We didn't want him to burn something. He just looked at us and helped us when we asked him too. The atmosphere was relaxed. We were laughing together. Tao kept on teasing Kyungsoo about his short height. It was funny to see them arguing like children. Tao suddenly the music on his phone.

Hey sweetie, Hey sweetie
Don't give it up!
Hey sweetie, Hey sweetie
Don't give it up!
Ha-Ha, Let's go!
Himdeuldamyeon Ha-Ha-Ha
Moduhamkke Ha-Ha-Ha
Useobwayo geuraegeurae deokeugeyo
Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha Ha-Ha-Ha

We sang along. This was our favorite song. Every time that one of us feels down, we put on this song and the mood come back right away. Tao started to make funny dances. Although we were laughing, Kyungsoo, Lay and I were serious about what we were doing. We carefully cooked. When Sunny's part was on, we all looked at our friend. He smiled and sang her part loud. He was always doing that when we were listening to a Girl's generation's song.

-"What are you doing here???"

 

 

POV Luhan

-"Luhan, get up now, it almost eleven am. "

-"No, I won't get up. I will stay in this bed forever and never see the world again"

I hid my face in the pillow and covered myself with the blanket. Suho sat on my bed while sighing. Today was my day off but I had to take singing lesson. It's not that I didn't like the lesson but I was so ashamed about what happened yesterday. It was the first time that someone wanted to help me without knowing that I was Luhan. My manager gave up and walked away. I rolled on the side and looked at Mr. Bunny. He could have been my first human friend. Why did he have to touch me. I pouted and sat up.

My tummy growled. I hadn't eaten since yesterday's lunch. I was so hungry. I carefully walked out of the room and checked that my hyung was really gone. Once I was sure to be alone in the apartment, I headed toward the kitchen. I didn't really like this apartment. It was too big for me. I often felt lonely there. But they said that it was better for an actor to have a big house. I never understood that. What was the point to have such a big house if you live alone. At night it's really scary.

I opened the fridge and took out some beef. I put them on the table and tried to remember how to cook it. Right, I must have a pan. I opened every drawers and cupboards in order to find one. When I finally got a pan, I put the beef in and put the pan on the hobs. I had never cooked. Normally it was my younger brother who cooked for me. I used to live with him here but he moved away to study cook in France. And then, Suho cooked for me. I really missed my younger brother's meals. They were so good.

I suddenly realized that I forgot Mr Bunny in my room. I walked back there to take him. I grabbed him and hugged him while apologizing for having let him alone. I was walking toward the kitchen when my phone rang. Who was it? I answered and got happily surprised to hear my brother's voice. He told me that he was in Korea for a whole month and that he would be leaving with me. I got excited and jumped around with Mr Bunny. He asked me if he could bring four students with him. I gently accepted. This house was big enough for six.

We talked on the phone for a while before hanging up. I was happy that my brother and four other people would come and live with me. I wouldn't feel lonely anymore. A weird smell filled the corridor. I tilted my head. It smelled like something was burning.

-"THE BEEF !!" I yelled

I rushed in the kitchen and put the pan away. I opened the window to let the smoke fly away. I sadly looked at the burnt beef. My meal... As my tummy kept on growling, I decided to make instant noodles. That was the only thing that I knew how to cook. As the water was boiling, I sat on a chair. I am really a dumb when it comes for cooking. Once the water was boiling, I put it on the bowl and waited for the noodles to be cooked. I placed Mr Bunny on the table and talked to him in Chinese.

They didn't want me to speak Chinese in the agency but I secretly practice it with Mr Bunny. Only Suho and Heechul know that I keep on talking Chinese. I wondered why they didn't allow me to talk Chinese. Everyone knew that I was from China. I shrugged. Sometimes people are really weird. When the noodles were cooked, I started eating. Even if instant noodles were very common, I still liked them. I often got scolded by my brother for that. I wasn't really difficult when it came to food. Everything that can be eaten is good for me.

I had just finished to eat that my hyung rushed in the kitchen with Yesung. I looked at him for some explanation.

-"Since you didn't want to move, I brought your professor here" He explained.

That surprised me a bit. I didn't expect him to actually bring the teacher here. Talking about him, where did he go? Suho and I looked around to find him laying on his tummy on the sofa. He had his face completely buried in a pillow. Was he still breathing? My manager took another pillow and hit him with it. Yesung whined. He said that he was very tired. Suho reminded him that it was his fault. He should have slept instead of playing with his tortoises all night long. My teacher sat up and crossed his arm on his chests while sulking.

I couldn't help but laughing at his childish reaction. He really was a weird teacher. Once I stopped laughing, we headed toward my bedroom. Yesung was impressed by the size. It's true that my room was really big. I got a bit excited and showed him everything I had. He seemed really interested by each thing I showed him. Especially about Mr. Bunny. He didn't laugh at me when I told him that he was my best friend. I really felt comfortable with him. I sat on my bed and waited for the teacher's instruction. He handed me a song's lyrics. It was the first song I would record in a few days.

The lyrics was about a man who wants to get his ex back. Yesung played the demo of the song. I carefully listened to t and tried to sing it. At the end, he complimented me for my voice but told me that I didn't express any emotion in my voice. But I don't know how it feels like to want your ex back. He didn't seem to believe me at first. I was very popular with girls so people find it weird that I never have dated someone. Yesung sighed and tried to explain me how it feels like. At the end of his explanation, I understood the feeling and sung once again while trying to express the emotion.

When I finished singing, I looked at Yesung. He had his mouth wide open and kept on staring at me. I glanced at Suho. He was the same as the teacher. Did I do something wrong? I looked down and apologized. The professor burst out in laugh. I lifted my head up. He leant on me to hug me but remembered about yesterday and restrained himself. He happily smiled at me saying that it was perfect and that I had an angel voice. I immediately blushed at his words. I shyly smiled and thanked him.

My manager ruffled my hair and complimented me. I was glad to make them proud of me. We practiced the song for a few other minutes and the teacher ended the class. I accompanied him to the door and bowed to him as he left the house. I joined Suho in the living room. He was sitting on the sofa and he was looking at his phone. I sat next to him and asked him what he was doing. Apparently, there was a change in my schedule, it wasn't a big one but he still had to write it down. I nodded and the TV. I saw a food ad and remembered that I hadn't told Suho for my brother yet.

He frowned a bit as he heard that four stranger would live with me. I chuckled and told him that there were no risk since nobody knows that I am Kim Jongdae's brother. Anyway, the four people would live with me even if he disagrees with it. He asked me why didn't I eat the food that I bought yesterday. I blushed a bit and told him that I burned the beef. He ruffled my hair. I was really a clumsy boy.

 

 

POV Xiumin

-"Baozi ! Bring the mop here."

I grabbed it and brought it to Kyungsoo. What a pain! The school was already finished but we had to stay here and clean the classrooms. What were the professors doing here? Aissh how annoying. Something hit my head hard. I squatted down while rubbing it. I turned my head and glared at Tao. Lay and he were laughing at loud. Tao was practicing martial art with the wop. Not that it bothered me but it was already the third time that they hit my head. In good mood, I grabbed my wop and challenged him in a duel. We faked having swords and started to fight.

Kyungsoo scolded us. Indeed, he was the only one to seriously clean the room. It was our last one. After half an hour, we finally finished cleaning. We put the wops in the cupboard and headed out. It was my day off today and tomorrow we started class at midday. We decided to sleep at Tao's house. His house was really huge for just one person. He was living quite far from the school but we wanted to stop at a convenient store on our way so we walked.

Lay and Tao bought some snacks and drinks and we headed toward his house. Kyungsoo told us that Kim Jongdae ended up choosing nobody. He even said that our sunbaes were bad at cooking and that they should change their path. I shivered. The chief was reputed to be straightforward and mean with people. Somehow it was good to be told things like this. You want to prove him that he is wrong and you try harder.

We entered in Tao's house. The four of us knew each other for three years now. We are very close and often sleep in each other's house except in Lay's house. We sat on the sofa. Kyungsoo Lay an I played rock paper scissors to know who would cook. Lay lost and went in the kitchen to see what Tao had. I felt my phone vibrating. I took it out. An unknown number was calling me. Well, not really unknown since I knew who it was. It was Sulli. Choi Sulli. My worst nightmare.

I let the phone ring. My friends were quite worried about her. They were afraid that she would do something bad to me. I chuckled a bit. What were they saying? I wasn't an idol. Until the dinner, we talked about the school and laughed as we remembered the teacher's face when they found Tao silly dancing at the song. Kyungsoo stood up and imitated the dance. Our friend threw him a pillow. The time flew by without we realized it and it was already the time to eat dinner. Lay prepared spicy chicken with noodles.

We joyfully ate while telling jokes. The problems was that Lay didn't get half of the jokes we told. At first we explained the joke but we soon gave up. He would forgot it tomorrow anyway. Once we were done, we put our plates in the dish washer and took place in the sofa. There was a good action drama that we all liked. Tao turned the TV on and we saw an advertisement for fried chicken. Korean people really like fried chicken but if it's not well cooked; it's really unhealthy. The next ad was also a food one. I widen my eyes as I recognize Luhan.

He was very cool in this ad. Far from the boy I met in the store. My friends quite liked Luhan. It's true that he is a good actor. But if what I saw was his true personality, isn't he lying to everyone? I shook my head. I shouldn't care about that. We won't meet again anyway. The drama soon began and we silently watched it. Our favorite actress, Park Shin Hye was playing there. She was really beautiful and a good actress. But I still wonder how she is really like when the cameras aren't on her. We commented on her dress. She was fitting her perfectly. The only problem with her is that she was a bit too skinny for us. We all liked chubby girls. Lay always cook for Sunny because he finds her too thin.

Once the drama ended, we climbed upstairs to sleep. We would take a shower tomorrow morning. We were all lazy. The two Chinese boys were sleeping in Tao's bedroom. Kyungsoo and I took the guest room. That room was bigger than my own house. I laid on the bed next to my friend. We talked for a bit before falling asleep.

The sun on my skin woke me up. I stretched and sat. I glanced at the clock. It was ten am. My friend was already downstairs. I got out of the bed and joined everyone in the living room. As usual, I was the last one to wake up. I poured some cereals in a bowl and started to eat. My phone rang again. It was the same unknown number. I began to be really annoyed by that. I was about to answer when Lay took the phone away from me and took a girly voice.

-"Can't you leave my boyfriend alone? He doesn't like you"

And he hung up. We all laughed. His girly voice was just awful. There was no way that Sulli would actually believe Lay's imitation. One by one, we went to take a shower. I felt refresh after having took one. I was drying my hair when I heard a loud scream downstairs. I rushed in the living room with my friends. We found Tao, standing on a chair and pointed at something on the floor. He begged us to take it away. He looked like he was about to cry. Kyungsoo walked toward him and noticed a spider. He took it in his hands and threw it away. Tao jumped on him and hugged him

-"Shortie! You're my savor"

Irritated by the nickname, He pushed Tao on the sofa and started to hit him. I rolled my eyes. There you go again. We cleaned the rooms we slept in and headed out. We walked toward the bus stop and waited the bus. Tao and Kyungsoo were still fighting. They looked like two children. We got in the bus. There was a woman with her young child in the baby-buggy. I squatted down in front of him and played with him all the way until our stop. I really liked children. I said goodbye to the baby and his mother and followed my friends out.

We slowly walked toward our classroom. We didn't like the teacher we were going to have. He was boring to death. We took place at the bottom of the class and patiently waited for the professor. Kyungsoo and Lay were attentive whereas Tao and I were playing cards behind them. I felt a stare on me. I didn't want to turn around. I knew who was staring at me. It was easy to ignore him. It had been a month since I first rejected his sister. I got used to his stare. When the bell rang, my friends and I rushed out of the room.

The next lesson was a cooking one. I loved these lessons because we could cook everything we wanted with the ingredients we were given. We gathered in front of the classroom and waited our teacher. She was the one who caught us yesterday. We must be very silent today. She opened the door and we entered in the room. The teacher told us that today, Kim Jongdae will assist to our lesson to find his students. it would be a miracle to be picked by him. All of us bowed to him when he entered and we started the lesson.

Today we were free to choose our ingredients but we had to make a dessert. We had half an hour to decide what we were going to do and a hour and a half to cook. I immediately knew what I was going to do : a Charlotte au fraise. It was my favorite dessert. Lay chose to do an opera and Kyungsoo opted for a Forêt Noire. These two desserts were very difficult do to but I knew that they would do a great job. Only Tao struggled to know what he wanted to do. I asked him what dessert he liked the most. He thought for a while and smiled while thanking me.

My friends and I weren't very stressed about Jongdae's presence. We knew that we wouldn't be picked anyway. Since I finished earlier than the other, I offered my help to them to finish on time. The teacher clapped in her hands to tell us that it was finished. I was proud of what we did. It looked very delicious. Even Tao tried his best. Jongdae picked four people in our class and walked out with them. Even if I knew that I wouldn't be picked, I was quite disappointed.

We cleaned our desks and walked out of the room. We were finish for today. We were joking around when we noticed a crowd in front of the gate. What now? We were about to pass by when we heard a voice.

-"Xiumin.Kyungsoo, Tao, Lay. Where are these three boys?

 

POV Luhan

I was laying on the sofa while watching a funny show when my phone rang. It was an unknown number. I answered and almost choked on my saliva as I heard Park Shin Hye's voice. She wanted to meet. I got nervous. Right now? What should I do? She chuckled a bit. I told her that I couldn't meet with her today since I had to turn a MV. I apologized to her. She proposed to fix a day when they could meet before we started shooting the drama. I tried to find excuses not to meet her. I was just too nervous to meet her alone. Even if hyung could come with us, I still won't feel at ease. I apologized to her again. I was afraid that she might be mad at me but she just chuckled a bit and told me that she would meet me at the drama setting.

I hung up and hugged Mr. Bunny. We were only talking on the phone and I was already so nervous. I am really bad with people. Suho arrived in the living room and told me to get ready for the MV. We headed out of the apartment. I held Mr. Bunny tight on my chest and took deep breathes before walking outside to the car. I really didn't like the screams of the fans. They were very scary. I went in the car and Suho drove us away.

-"By the way hyung, what role will I play in the MV?"

-"You will play the boy who stole the singer's girlfriend." He explained

I pouted a bit. Why do I have to play the bad guy. I didn't like to play someone who hurts someone else but I didn't have the choice. It was my job after all. We arrived in a park where I had to play. I got out of the car and handed Mr. Bunny to my manager. We walked toward the staff members. I bowed to them and met the girl with who I will play. It was Sunny. I was afraid of her. She was very hyperactive. I had already met her in one of her group's MV. When she smiled at me and walked toward me. I stepped back a bit but tried not to look down. She asked me how I was. I shyly answered to her. She laughed and ruffled my hair while saying that I was cute.

The producer told me what I should do and we started to shoot. I didn't have any problems with touching girl so it went well. I really liked the song. The singer came to me and we talked a bit. He was a rookie but he was doing great. He offered me his first album. I bowed at him many times while thanking him and smiling. He chuckled and lifted his hand to mess my hair. I froze. I didn't want him to touch me. If he touches me, I will react badly. Fortunately, Suho was around and called me and I rushed to him after saying goodbye.

I sighed in relief once I got in the car. My manager congratulated me for my work and drove away. He asked me if I wanted to stop at the convenient store. I shook my head and bit my lower lip. How could I look at him after what happened yesterday? My hyung sighed and asked me to tell him what happened yesterday. I kept silent. I didn't want him to bother the chubby face boy. I knew that if I told Suho what happened, He would look for him and bother him with unnecessary questions. I know that my true personality should stay a secret but I really hated to have to lie to everyone like this.

Suho parked the car in front of the tenement and we went out. We headed toward my apartment. My tummy was awfully growling. My manager chuckled and told me to wait a bit. I sat on the sofa and the TV while waiting. Now that I think of it, my brother hadn't told me when he was going to come with his four students. Moreover, I was excited to see who he chose as his students. My dongsaeng was kind but very picky. The one he picked must be really good at cooking.

I laid on the sofa while patting my tummy. I am so hungry. I couldn't wait anymore and walked in the Kitchen. Suho was still cooking.  I walked to him and grabbed his sleeve

-"Hyuunnngggg I am hungry !!" I whined

 

 

POV Xiumin

The four of us stood up blankly in front of him.

-"Please can you repeat?" Asked Kyungsoo.

-"I told you to pack your clothes because you are going to live with me." He said, a bit annoyed.

We looked at each other. I couldn't believe it. Jongdae was standing in the middle of the crowd and he was looking at us. Does he mean that he wants us as their student? He walked toward us. We lowered our head. We were intimidated by him. Something was wrong. I mean, why did he pick us? There were better people in our class than us. He stopped in front of us and told us to get prepared in two hours. We had to meet up here and he will drive us toward our house. For a whole month we would be able to study with him.

We bowed to him as he walked away. We were still stunned. After a few seconds, we moved and walked out of the school. We separated in front of the gates. We only had two hours. I had to be quick. just when I reached the bus stop, my bus arrived. What a timing ! I went in and sat at an empty seat. I still wasn't realizing what was happening to me. I am not dreaming right? I pinched myself to be sure. I went out of the bus at my stop and headed to my apartment.

I stopped in front of the door. A piece of paper was hooked on it. There was something written on it.

Next time we meet, I will send you to heaven.

Oh, it sounded like a threaten. I didn't really care and just took the paper before throwing it away. I quickly packed my things and walked out of the house. I crossed the road and went in the store to explain my situation to my boss. She was glad and excited for me. I stayed here a bit too long talking to her. I was deadly late. I ran as fast as I could to the school. There were a car in front of the school date. I hope that It's them. I awkwardly walked toward the car and saw Lay through the window. I opened the front sit door and sat. Jongdae gave me a stern look and drove away.

I mentally slapped me. I could hear that my friends were holding their laugh. I discreetly sighed. I am really stupid. We drove for five minutes before Jongdae parked the car. He explained us that the house was his little brother's house. It was big enough to welcome us. We nodded and went out of the car. We took our luggage and followed chief in the building. I looked around. Wow. His brother must be very rich to live in such a place. We climbed some stairs and stopped at the second floor. We walked in the corridor and He opened a door. We followed him in the apartment. I heard someone running toward us.

-"Brother you're ba.."

I widen my eyes. It couldn't be...

-"Luhan?"